First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
My JL top does the same thing. Look closely in the photo:
Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. {filename}
Like your’s, My soft top window has some waviness. The top itself is far smoother than the Bronco’s. That Bronco soft top looks terrible…
Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Lol the bronco is already breaking CV’s you can Google it. Buy one and have fun

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Yea the soft top is definitely flawed.

Still waiting to see my first one on the roads. There's no way I'm entering the vehicle market with the way things are anytime soon, but if my jeep gets another $700+ repair in the coming months I'm gonna start looking at my options.

Maybe a convertible mini cooper lol

I took advantage of the current market and sold my JK. I lucked up on a 2021 Cooper 2 door hard top at a really good price. Even though it's just the base model, it is a stupidly fun car to drive.

I am almost certain my next car will be a Cooper S convertible.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The soft top actually looks great with the windows removed.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Question. Why are you here?

Or better yet, what are your thoughts about the sasquatch front shock mounting bolts that will inevitably get sheared off by the 1st mound of dirt that reaches them? When the bronco is crippled on the trail, the owner of that expensive paperweight is who will be in a "world of disappointment".
Like I’ve never seen a modified/oem Jk/JL broken on a trail.
As a former JK Rubicon owner and JL fan the Jeep is a hell of a vehicle!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
OP nice write up and brave post saying something good about the Bronco in the jlwranglerforums.com err broncobashingforums.com. Bronco sure looks promising and looks to handle just about anything a Wrangler can conquer especially doing tight turns on Black Bear pass with that turning function it has.
The most difficult thing about black bear is not falling off the shelf road so yeah I guess the Bronco will do well in that regard.

I wonder if those broken CV's will be backordered for a year like the raptors?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I took advantage of the current market and sold my JK. I lucked up on a 2021 Cooper 2 door hard top at a really good price. Even though it's just the base model, it is a stupidly fun car to drive.

I am almost certain my next car will be a Cooper S convertible.
Nice! Yea... the resale value on my JLU right now is pretty darn tempting. I have a blast whenever I get to drive my family member's Mini Cooper S, but I'm just not sure it's big enough for my family. It's one of those deals where it would be totally fine for 99% of the time, but then the next big road trip or vacation it's like...darn lol

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Nice! Yea... the resale value on my JLU right now is pretty darn tempting. I have a blast whenever I get to drive my family member's Mini Cooper S, but I'm just not sure it's big enough for my family. It's one of those deals where it would be totally fine for 99% of the time, but then the next big road trip or vacation it's like...darn lol
The rear seat in mine is purely for decorative purposes only. It's great when its just the wife and I, but if our son is going with us we take the JL or my wife's Escape.

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
The 2.7 is a dog off the line idk what Ford did but they screwed that up. The 3.6 V6 has instant power no need to build boost and that’s why it’s faster. They’re also having huge issues with making a quality top. I have an order in for a First edition bronco and my plans were to keep it until I drove one. I put in an order in for a 392 with the xtreme recon just recently and I think I’ll see it before the bronco I’ve been waiting a year for.
I also have a reservation for a black Diamond 2dr. I am also awaiting my 392 Wrangler. It is being shipped as right now. I have no VIN on the Bronco yet, and may downsize my order to a Base with Squach. And keep both. Especially since for 22 you can get 2.7 with Sasquatch in the 2dr.
I also may deal on my 2021 price locked reservation. I don't know yet

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Like I’ve never seen a modified/oem Jk/JL broken on a trail.
As a former JK Rubicon owner and JL fan the Jeep is a hell of a vehicle!
Do you ever actually read a post before responding to it? I even kept it short and easy to absorb. No rush, this time take more than a couple days to actually come up with an answer, not another back peddling attempt to avoid it.

After all the big talk, here's some real "world of disappointment".

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 20201023_102215
Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1627664427523

Not only does the Wrangler have more articulation than the bronco, but it's body also remains more parallel to the ground.

And for those that keep saying the Rubicon is only better in rock crawling, and that so few do that anyway, the second pic is a perfect example of what I have mentioned on a couple of occasions. That even a rutted dirt path will require the same level of articulation to prevent wheel lift.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The most difficult thing about black bear is not falling off the shelf road so yeah I guess the Bronco will do well in that regard.

I wonder if those broken CV's will be backordered for a year like the raptors?
Personally, I'd rather pull a 3 or more point turn, than to fully rely on that function that seems to require a larger throttle input and wheelspin. Especially after seeing a very mild trail cause a bronco to mysteriously lose all of those drive modes.

Imagine throttling into that hairpin, not 2 footing the pedals, and that feature decided to drop off. Pun sort of intended.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Lol the bronco is already breaking CV’s you can Google it. Buy one and have fun
Personally, I'd rather pull a 3 or more point turn, than to fully rely on that function that seems to require a larger throttle input and wheelspin. Especially after seeing a very mild trail cause a bronco to mysteriously lose all of those drive modes.

Imagine throttling into that hairpin, not 2 footing the pedals, and that feature decided to drop off. Pun sort of intended.
No kidding! I have enough of an issue with the few little nannies on the Jeep. Thanks to the Tazer I've all but eliminated them. No way I'm depending on them in a life or death situation. They can take their 'drive modes' and shove em.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No kidding! I have enough of an issue with the few little nannies on the Jeep. Thanks to the Tazer I've all but eliminated them. No way I'm depending on them in a life or death situation. They can take their 'drive modes' and shove em.
It's apparent that more and more people find that things like a transfer case lever and additional use of the steering wheel requires more drivers interaction that they are willing to give. They'd rather push a button that does everything for them. I prefer being captain of the ship, and not just by title.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Thanks for the review, pretty much what I expected. It's going to be a great road suv. Looks much bigger, bigger than I thought and wide. Definitely an upgrade if you are looking for on road comfort. Waiting to see how it competes in the tight trails and rock crawling with a Jeep any Jeep for that matter
For the vast majority of Wrangler owners, they would be able to move to a Bronco and not see any issues. I think that Jeep has a real threat on its hands, although, it is still a Ford.
Sponsored