Not open for further replies.

Consciouseye

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - Billet Silver - Rubicon - 6spd Manual
I keep it where it is & remove it for dealer visits. @Jeepjunkie … what are the concerns about leaving it plugged in?
I thought there was another thread about not being able to receive over the air updates and not having the UConnect update. I have had my Tazer JL Mini plugged in and I don't seem to be able to get the updates on my UConnect App. I think my Tire Pressure option is now missing :(
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Consciouseye
@melendez69

Having the Tazer JL, Tazer JL Lite or Mini married/installed to the JL will not prevent receiving the UConnect OTA (Over The Air) updates.

We have had a couple of forum member's say they think it will, but many many here with a Tazer product installed, have said they received the OTA update and also, on an ongoing basis, receive the Health Reports.

As for your missing TPMS, readout screen.... Check TPMS setting in the Tazer JL Mini's menu..... you probably have set to NONE. Change that setting and that TPMS readout, screen will appear.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was another thread about not being able to receive over the air updates and not having the UConnect update. I have had my Tazer JL Mini plugged in and I don't seem to be able to get the updates on my UConnect App. I think my Tire Pressure option is now missing :(
There are threads with owners claiming the Tazer is interfering with UConnect updates, the app, etc. They may be valid concerns, but I haven't experienced these issues.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Another happy customer. I changed my TPMS setting after adding larger tires, calibrated my Speedo.

How many leave the Tazer plugged in? I like the ESS defeat but wonder about leaving it plugged in all of the time??
Mine stays plugged in all the time! Never had any problems at all.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I had trouble removing the plug, so looked around the garage for something to help ... ended up using a paint can opener to remove the plugs from a Mini.

I hold the can opener such that shaft is along my thumb with the bent tip right at the end of my thumb. Use my pointer finger to depress the tab, with the bent tip catching the ridge on the opposite side. Then simply rock the plug and pull down. The bent tip provides a good grip on the plug.

Tazer Remover.jpg

Sponsored

Rubicon29527

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Does anyone else have the locker light flashing with tazer married? Lockers work fine but the light flashes.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the original Tazer Jl with 11.06 firmware and have had no problems, I currently don’t have it plugged in as I’m running a different programmer to control ESS for testing, some have supposedly had issues leaving it plugged in as it went into some type of power loop that drained batteries but I ran a two week battery voltage test and did not experience any issues with voltage or looping

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I had trouble removing the plug, so looked around the garage for something to help ... ended up using a paint can opener to remove the plugs from a Mini.

I hold the can opener such that shaft is along my thumb with the bent tip right at the end of my thumb. Use my pointer finger to depress the tab, with the bent tip catching the ridge on the opposite side. Then simply rock the plug and pull down. The bent tip provides a good grip on the plug.

Tazer Remover.jpg
You can use it to open your beer when done, too. :beer:

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I’m running the original Tazer Jl with 11.06 firmware and have had no problems, I currently don’t have it plugged in as I’m running a different programmer to control ESS for testing, some have supposedly had issues leaving it plugged in as it went into some type of power loop that drained batteries but I ran a two week battery voltage test and did not experience any issues with voltage or looping
I’m also still using 11.06 firmware. No problems at all with the Tazer.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Just a quick note (disclaimer: I don't condone or promote you doing this so please don't proceed to roast me like a referee after a saints game) I dropped the jeep off at the dealer for oil change, rotation, inspection etc. and the tazer lite was still installed. Totally slipped my mind and remembered as they were driving the jeep into service. Started freaking out, but decided I would play stupid once/if they said anything. My dealer sells procal and told me to buy one to adjust the tires so I figured I could tell them that and get some leeway.
Picked jeep up, they didn't care it was there. Granted my dealer is an AEV dealer and sells a ton of jeeps already lifted. They are very mod friendly. Didn't even charge me for the inspection sticker either.

In the future I have to intention of taking it to the dealer married again. But maybe my bonehead moment will give you all a little more piece of mind.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Consciouseye

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - Billet Silver - Rubicon - 6spd Manual
@Consciouseye
@melendez69

Having the Tazer JL, Tazer JL Lite or Mini married/installed to the JL will not prevent receiving the UConnect OTA (Over The Air) updates.

We have had a couple of forum member's say they think it will, but many many here with a Tazer product installed, have said they received the OTA update and also, on an ongoing basis, receive the Health Reports.

As for your missing TPMS, readout screen.... Check TPMS setting in the Tazer JL Mini's menu..... you probably have set to NONE. Change that setting and that TPMS readout, screen will appear.
I did have the menu turned off -- my mistake! Unfortunately for me, the UConnect App isn't updating.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Consciouseye

I figured you had TPMS set to NONE and that was your issue. 8-)

Well, in regard to the Uconnect thing..... You can prove to yourself the issue is not related to the Tazer JL by just removing the Tazer JL hardware. You can leave it married, just remove the hardware. Now, give it a few days ... a week or whatever and see if/how Uconnect works..

I'm quite confident you will see nothing different with the Tazer JL hardware out of the picture but sometimes you just need to see it for yourself lets say.

Do be sure you have a valid account with UConnect, etc..

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Tazer Remover.jpg
Paint can opener? Thats a beer bottle opener. Get your head on right man! :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.