Not open for further replies.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Bszczepanski

In regard to your question:
"Also has anyone used the Set DVD CD option with the tazer? How did you set it up and will this allow to play videos on the screen so my kids can watch from the back seat?"

No go on this...

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the setting to enable the back up camera when you use the turn signal. What version do I need. I just got it delivered today and have 11.0.06 version. Is there an instruction manual that tells how to make all the changes and options. Does anyone have a link to this document?
Click on the Jeep Grille and it will download it.

https://zautomotive.com/instructions/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
@Rhinebeck01 @joe@zauto

With the custom light show is there a way to program how long the bulbs stay on to flash. I saw instructions on the website to install the program which it references see custom light configuration is covered in another document. Unable to find this document. Is there a link for this?

I custom ordered my rubicon with all features except the led package and regretting it. I have ordered those sequential led turning signals and I want to make sure they will blink across in the light show. Is this possible?

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@joe@zauto
When setting the fog lights to stay on with the high beams, the fogs only stay on when I'm pulling the lever towards me which only keeps the brights on while I hold it. When pushing forward to keep the high beams on, the fogs turn off.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My concern with using the after market programmer to change tire size would be warranty/mileage related. If you don't have the tire size reprogrammed, the odometer isn't reading the correct mileage on the vehicle. So, when you unmarry the tazer and reset the tire size, it looks like you've been driving around with larger tires and your odometer is reading fewer miles than are actually on the Jeep. At this point it doesn't seem like much of a stretch for the dealer to say that they don't know how many miles are actually on the Jeep and that it could very well be out of the warranty period. I know this is a negative view and it would depend on your dealer and other factors, but is my logic off here?

Though, I'm still strongly considering the Tazer JL.
i'm also worried about this. I guess you could say you just put the bigger tires on, if a problem arises. Not sure how that would fly. Mine is only about 8% diff with my 315/70/17s, I think, so I guess they could add 8% of the miles and say that's what I actually had on it. That would cut the 36000 mile warranty by 2880 miles. Not too terrible. It's all just speculation though. I don't know for sure, but it does concern me. That being said, I've had the tazer for a couple of months now and don't plan on getting the dealer calibration.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@joe@zauto
When setting the fog lights to stay on with the high beams, the fogs only stay on when I'm pulling the lever towards me which only keeps the brights on while I hold it. When pushing forward to keep the high beams on, the fogs turn off.
@smuddy

IF you indeed have the feature enabled, the fogs will remain on when you turn on the high beams as it is supposed to. It works flawlessly.

Another words, if I am driving along with my low beams and fog lights on and I turn on the high beams the fogs so stay on...

I'm not sure how things respond if you are willy nilly flicking the stalk lever. I'll watch more closely the next time I am out at night and using the feature.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@smuddy

IF you indeed have the feature enabled, the fogs will remain on when you turn on the high beams as it is supposed to. It works flawlessly.

Another words, if I am driving along with my low beams and fog lights on and I turn on the high beams the fogs so stay on...

I'm not sure how things respond if you are willy nilly flicking the stalk lever. I'll watch more closely the next time I am out at night and using the feature.
i understand that's how they should work, but they don't for me. Not sure I'm flicking it all willy nilly or nimbly bimbly or anything like that! Just a simple pull is all it takes. ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@smuddy

Did not mean to be flippant with the willy nilly & flicking comment... Was just describing..

Anyway, if this feature is enabled, when you actually turn on the high beams (you move stalk so high beams are in on position and you leave it there) you should see the fog lights stay on. As I mentioned, it works flawlessly for me. Also, have seen no other Tazer JL user's say the feature did not work..

I'm thinking that just maybe you think you have the feature turned on and you actually do not...

Go back and disable the feature off and then reprogram it enabled. Then try it......

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@smuddy

Did not mean to be flippant with the willy nilly & flicking comment... Was just describing..

Anyway, if this feature is enabled, when you actually turn on the high beams (you move stalk so high beams are in on position and you leave it there) you should see the fog lights stay on. As I mentioned, it works flawlessly for me. Also, have seen no other Tazer JL user's say the feature did not work..

I'm thinking that just maybe you think you have the feature turned on and you actually do not...

Go back and disable the feature off and then reprogram it enabled. Then try it......
ah no! I didn't take it that way at all, hence the ;) . I don't get offended that easily, or almost at all, really. I just saw a chance to use a Super Troopers reference, so I took it! "nimbly bimbly"

I'll have to check it again when I remarry it since I unmarried it last week for the dealer service.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@smuddy

Just got back from a ride in my JL. If I have fogs on and flick the stalk to quick flash the high beams on and off, the fogs stay on.

IF I turn on figs and then just turn on high beams the fogs stay on.

In short, no matter what I do, the fogs stay on with high beams, thanks to the Tazer JL feature.

So, I'm still thinking.... that just maybe you think you have the feature turned on and you actually do not...

Go back and disable the feature and then reprogram it enabled. Then try it......

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
@joe@zauto any word on an upcoming release or new features coming out? Wondering if you still have time to keep pushing the TazerJL offerings forward or if you've been slammed and things have slowed down.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto any word on an upcoming release or new features coming out? Wondering if you still have time to keep pushing the TazerJL offerings forward or if you've been slammed and things have slowed down.
I believe Joe commented awhile back that there were new things coming to the Tazer but no mention of the release date.

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
My Tazer keeps messing with my electronics. Sometimes the backup camera has no lines, sometimes my screen locks up and i have to pull over and turn my jeep off and then back on and everything works. The turn camera works once in awhile. its not working now and i will probably have to unmarry and marry back on to get it to work again.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.