Not open for further replies.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have and absolutely love it. The TPMS/Tire size reprogram are what I mainly purchased it for, but now I use it for so much more. The always on rear camera is great for when you have your doors off. The field of view is so wide that it makes small mirrors almost useless, you can see the cars next to you before they are out of the field of view on the camera. The Auto stop disable is nice, as well as the 2wd sway bar disconnect(under 30mph only sadly.)
I recently purchased the Aux cable to add a front camera, but I haven't decided on what camera to use to install it.
YES!! The always on rear camera rocks! There have been two occasions already when I've been towing a fragile load on my utility trailer, and with the camera on I can see exactly what the load is doing while we're driving down the road! It's awesome!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Happy with my purchase. Well worth the $$.

Tip: use an OBDII extender cable to hide your Tazer behind the kick panel.

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
YES!! The always on rear camera rocks! There have been two occasions already when I've been towing a fragile load on my utility trailer, and with the camera on I can see exactly what the load is doing while we're driving down the road! It's awesome!

FYI you can turn your rear camera on through Uconnect in settings from the factory...

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
FYI you can turn your rear camera on through Uconnect in settings from the factory...
Yes, you can turn it on through Uconnect. However, it will shut off after a short time. The tazer will allow it to stay on.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes, you can turn it on when driving forward but within about a minute it turns back off. Thanks to the TazerJL, you can turn off rear camera when driving forward and it stays on until you turn it off. There is no time limitation.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question to you guys/gals with the TazerJL. With the TazerJL, my guess is you have ESS disabled. What I want to know is, if you also have traction control disabled?

If you do, why, the benefits you are seeing, caveats and well just your input on traction control off. I have not disable traction control and I am wondering if I am missing something. (Yes, Summer driving)

Thanks in advance for your input on my question..

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I left mine functional also, cause my youngest drives it alot and I didnt like the light being on.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I've been having a problem lately with my DRL's, and haven't been able to run down what exactly has happened. Basically, the passenger side DRL is acting like a headlight instead of DRL. So now, at any given time, I only have one DRL on at a time. The only thing I can think of is a software issue, but adjusting lighting configurations using the tazer and even unmarrying didn't change anything. Any ideas?

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I purchased one so i could change the settings for TPMS. It’s a great device, simple to use and we’ll worth the money!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T-Storms in CT, today. $300 was worth it just to disable the damn weather alerts from popping up every 5 seconds!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been having a problem lately with my DRL's, and haven't been able to run down what exactly has happened. Basically, the passenger side DRL is acting like a headlight instead of DRL. So now, at any given time, I only have one DRL on at a time. The only thing I can think of is a software issue, but adjusting lighting configurations using the tazer and even unmarrying didn't change anything. Any ideas?
I would take that in to the dealer. Doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Tazer.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question to you guys/gals with the TazerJL. With the TazerJL, my guess is you have ESS disabled. What I want to know is, if you also have traction control disabled?

If you do, why, the benefits you are seeing, caveats and well just your input on traction control off. I have not disable traction control and I am wondering if I am missing something. (Yes, Summer driving)

Thanks in advance for your input on my question..
Left traction control enabled. Wrangler is my DD, and it seems stupid to disable a safety feature like that for on road driving.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I would take that in to the dealer. Doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Tazer.
I have an appointment in 2 weeks but I was hoping some function I'm missing would be able to help me at least troubleshoot.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mwilk012

No other with the TazerJL has reported any issue like yours. You said you unmarried the TazerJL and you still had the issue. You must have an issue with the JL itself. I can't think of anything you could do to fix ... remedy yourself.

Did you go into Uconnect settings and toggle DRL from there. Possibly they will lets say jump start it....get it going again...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.