Sponsored

Synergy Springs

To go with Synergy, or to look elsewhere.

• Total voters
OP
OP
the.jl.adventure

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I know this is an old thread, but I was checking out springs offered by synergy. If I run the 1” F/R springs with steel F/R bumpers, will I still get a true 1” overall lift? It’s is okay to just swap out the 4 springs and keep everything else stock? It’s an 18 MOAB. Only want to run KO2 33” with a small boost. Daily driver.
It would be just fine without upgrading other components, 1" higher ride height shouldn't have any adverse affects. Plus I think you'll really like the progressive spring rate that synergy provides.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Falcon 3.3. The ride is a tad harsh under 15mph, but not horrible. Any speed above that and its as smooth as factory, or dang close.
Shocks and spring ride quality is very subjective in my opinion. I had Synergy 3" springs and falcon 3.3SP2s and I really didn't like the rough ride. I switched to accutune kings and it completely changed the ride for me. Whats great for one is not always great for the other. Trust me, I had learned this the hard way after going through I think 5 brands of shocks.
Old part of the thread but out of curiosity, did y'all do the mode adjustment and still have the harsh ride? I am really looking into the Falcons.
https://teraflex.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/Instructions/96-01-02-022(JL-JTModeAdjustQSG)web.pdf

Lencbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It would be just fine without upgrading other components, 1" higher ride height shouldn't have any adverse affects. Plus I think you'll really like the progressive spring rate that synergy provides.
I current half 1/2 rake, which is fine. I’m assuming this will not change if I add 1” springs all around, correct?
I plan on running rubicon shocks and eventually upgrading to Fox later.

thanks!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I know this is an old thread, but I was checking out springs offered by synergy. If I run the 1” F/R springs with steel F/R bumpers, will I still get a true 1” overall lift? It’s is okay to just swap out the 4 springs and keep everything else stock? It’s an 18 MOAB. Only want to run KO2 33” with a small boost. Daily driver.
Personally, since the suspension isn’t adjustable with stock or stock-like components, I compromised this way. I felt it would be safest and most predictable to worry about whether I was within stock operating geometry while loaded for a trip. My front is stock height again after a winch/bumper install and using a 3/4” spacer to bring it back up.

I’m probably a bit out of spec out back (rear 1” Synergy springs only) when unloaded but for my travels and terrain, I felt it best to opt for optimum geometry then with all the extra weight. That’a why I only have a rear adjustable track bar. When loaded, my rear squats back down to stock “near” height. Stock bump stops too.

Last edited:

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running Synergy Springs for almost two years now with fox shocks on my Rubi for 2in lift.

I have front and rear steel bumpers (LOD) and a front winch. The back is a full custom drawer and platform build from 3/4in cabinet grade ply (so... heavy).

With gear and a roof top tent plus the 10gal water tank filled, the rear sits about 1/2in lower than the front without a driver and passenger.

To date, it's worked as a daily without issue and I just took her on a 10k mile round trip from FL to CO, Moab, Glacier, ID, NM, etc. Without wanting for any comfort or performance. If anything the fox shocks were too soft for the weight (wheel cupping wear).

I think the Synergy Springs may be "softer" than an equivalent non progressive 2in lift set such as Mopar. I plan to add Teraflex rear 1/2in spacers at some point, but I'm not in a rush.

If you can find a good deal on Synergy, then go for it but the spring market is large and they aren't the best or worst from my experience.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Synergy claims to maintain stock rake (.75").
After reading all this, it seems like most are seeing level front/rear all things being equal?
Is everyone measuring from the bottom of the rocker to ground, front and rear to get their measurements?

I want the stock rake back, so wondering if I need to order 3" front and 4" rear?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That's measured from side steps front and rear on level ground for the numbers in my post above.

I'm actually fighting the idea of ordering new springs that are 1in taller for the rear instead of spacers. That gives me wiggle room for carrying more cargo.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thanks @redsyphon.
I can see yours sitting low in the rear with all the additional weight you have added.
considering your only 1/2" squatted, that is not bad for all that weight. If that weight is static, i would consider putting the 1" longer spring in rear or adding a spacer as you mentioned.

I would like to know if the stock rake is maintained with lets say front steel bumper with winch and rear steel bumper with a 38" spare with bead lock hanging off the tailgate?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @redsyphon.
I can see yours sitting low in the rear with all the additional weight you have added.
considering your only 1/2" squatted, that is not bad for all that weight. If that weight is static, i would consider putting the 1" longer spring in rear or adding a spacer as you mentioned.

I would like to know if the stock rake is maintained with lets say front steel bumper with winch and rear steel bumper with a 38" spare with bead lock hanging off the tailgate?
Right now I'm level with no rake as I've removed the drawers, tools, upper platform and water tank (I'm redesigning after three weeks out west). So, that's with a 33in rear tire, no rtt and rear factory steel bumper, front lod bumper with winch (synthetic rope).

Keep in mind though, mine are 1.5yrs old with 20k miles on them (10k offroad miles). So, they're worn more than a fresh install.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
No, but I just read about this the other day. Just have not had a chance to do it. Very curious to see if it does anything. And just how silly is it to not include this tid bit for installation?!?! SMH!
We probably read the same thing, I didn't pay attention to the download section of the install information when I was looking into them. A poster said there was a noticeable change in ride comfort but who knows to what actual degree.

OP
OP
the.jl.adventure

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I current half 1/2 rake, which is fine. I’m assuming this will not change if I add 1” springs all around, correct?
I plan on running rubicon shocks and eventually upgrading to Fox later.

thanks!
Correct, you will maintain the factory rake angle... you can always add a spacer on top of the front springs to level things out if you want, synergy springs are designed to use a 3/4" spacer and still function fully.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
We probably read the same thing, I didn't pay attention to the download section of the install information when I was looking into them. A poster said there was a noticeable change in ride comfort but who knows to what actual degree.
Got to thinking about this, and I probably need to call TF and ask, but I have the SP1, the first 3.3's that came out. Wonder if this still applies to them? I have driven our JLUR on every single setting, on and off road, and honestly cannot tell a difference in any of them.

Lencbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Correct, you will maintain the factory rake angle... you can always add a spacer on top of the front springs to level things out if you want, synergy springs are designed to use a 3/4" spacer and still function fully.
I do not mind the slight rake, and it sounds like I will get a solid 1” lift all around, which is exactly what I want, and I won’t have to replace any other parts.
Will it ride close to “stock”?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Got to thinking about this, and I probably need to call TF and ask, but I have the SP1, the first 3.3's that came out. Wonder if this still applies to them? I have driven our JLUR on every single setting, on and off road, and honestly cannot tell a difference in any of them.
Couldn't hurt to drop the bottom of the shock and try rotating 360 deg's to find out, maybe just do the fronts to see if it works?
Sponsored