Sponsored

Superchips Flashcal for JL is here!

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Dang it worked for me. Maybe I used a dif vid
Actually it finally worked! There was another post somewhere that said you only do the click/unclick until you hear the chime. I think I did it too many times, and turned it off then back on. Also, you need to turn the jeep off completely after doing it - it doesn't seem to work if you turn off the chime, then start driving without turning off the jeep and back on again.
Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
try this one
That works, and I finally got it to work. The key step is to turn the jeep off after doing this procedure. If you start driving right after doing this without power-cycling the jeep, then it cancels it. I think... But this does work!

Daniwood

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon,2.0 Turbo, 06 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel
Occupation
Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
I just got my flashcal 3571 JL, installed the gateway module and plugged it in and got the message "no application software for this vehicle" My jeep has the 2.0 turbo in it. I also updated it before installing it.

Update: I contacted Superchips and was told that they dont have any programing for the 2.0 turbo yet but are working on it.

Last edited:

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Speedometer calibration issues

I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires on my jeep rubicon JL and used the Flashcal to change the tiresize to 34.75. The speedometer is consistently off by 5%, Jeep shows driving at 42 miles/hr vs. waze or other speedometer tools at 40 miles/hr. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a fix? I will do hit and trial by lowering the tire size, which might help but it's not the right solution.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ashg2000

Regardless of the programmer, (I chose another programmer) it is not uncommon to have to "hit and trial" as you call it. Just do this til you get the speedo accurate.

Consider installing an app on your smartphone called GPS TEST / GPS TEST PLUS or similar app to use when verifying speedometer accuracy. I prefer doing this versus, Waze, etc.

Do check speedo for accuracy at varying speeds.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Yep you have to play with the size some to get the speed right. I'd guess your going to be somewhere near 33 3/4 to get it right. That's a guess!

Last edited:

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Speedometer calibration issues

I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires on my jeep rubicon JL and used the Flashcal to change the tiresize to 34.75. The speedometer is consistently off by 5%, Jeep shows driving at 42 miles/hr vs. waze or other speedometer tools at 40 miles/hr. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a fix? I will do hit and trial by lowering the tire size, which might help but it's not the right solution.
You need to use the dynamic tire diameter, not static. As the tire rolls, the bottom flattens which effectively reduces its diameter. Most tire manufactures list the number of revolutions per mile at their given conditions. You can use this to calculate the dynamic tire diameter. This should give you a good starting point. You may need to adjust slightly if your air pressure, vehicle weight, etc. are significantly different from the manufactures conditions.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Right after I posted this I decided to remove the module to get ready for my early AM appointment. I put more air in the 315's so the reflash won't set off the TPM low pressure warning.
I'll pop the FlashCal module back in the dealer parking lot, let the air back out of the tires, re-calc the speedo/TPM's for the 70 mile drive back home. Praying the reflash with the TSB # 08-092-18 will correct that awful wandering steering issue.

UPDATE: Dealership did the first oil change and did the PCM flash for the Cruise Control Recall. Popped the module back in and hooked up the FlashCal programmer to reset the larger tire dia. and the TPM low pres. threshold back down to 22 lbs.. Turned out the dealer flash didn't affect either setting, didn't have to do a thing. The really good news is that the sloppy steering is much better now. No play in the steering wheel. What a difference!
Did you completely unmarry the device, or just unplug the bypass module? I'm going to take my Jeep in for service soon and wondering how to approach this to make sure I don't void anything.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@lookitsadam

Regardless of what programmer you have, whether it be, the FlashCal, Tazer JL, Tazer JL Lite, you will want to ... you should... unmarry and remove all hardware associated with the programmer.. Not to do this is asking for issues.

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I just did a update and now it will not let me select an option. Stumped

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my flashcal 3571 JL, installed the gateway module and plugged it in and got the message "no application software for this vehicle" My jeep has the 2.0 turbo in it. I also updated it before installing it.

Update: I contacted Superchips and was told that they dont have any programing for the 2.0 turbo yet but are working on it.
I am surprised they released it with no software for the 2.0, not sure what’s going there be included it that but I would think that most options would be not affected by this

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
You need to use the dynamic tire diameter, not static. As the tire rolls, the bottom flattens which effectively reduces its diameter. Most tire manufactures list the number of revolutions per mile at their given conditions. You can use this to calculate the dynamic tire diameter. This should give you a good starting point. You may need to adjust slightly if your air pressure, vehicle weight, etc. are significantly different from the manufactures conditions.
Thanks, with 28PSI, changing the tire size through flashcal to 34.25 has the best results.

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Just so I am sure of the procedure:

I use to flashcal at the moment just to change tire size. When I did so I changed the size, and removed the flashcal and bypass module from the vehicle. Before I take it in for service I need to reconnect everything and unmarry from vehicle and return everything to stock. I then have to recalibrate the tire size after I get the vehicle back.

Is this correct or is just removing the bypass module okay?

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Are you guy able to get into all the options on this thing? Im trying to set my daytime running lights and it wont let me into that option. There are a few options I cant get into it just blinks when I hit OK to go in that option
Sponsored