Superchips Flashcal for JL is here!

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You must be new to programming and tuning - if you can point me to an example of one that can do both for less than $600 I am all ears. When was the last time you updated your flashcal, it has a lot more features than what you have listed also.
No not new to anything bro!! I have tons of programmers for all my jeeps so Ya!! I know what im talking about, you can go spend you 600.00 dollars if you want to im sure they will take your money and smile.
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
No not new to anything bro!! I have tons of programmers for all my jeeps so Ya!! I know what im talking about, you can go spend you 600.00 dollars if you want to im sure they will take your money and smile.
What programmers/tuners do you run on all your Jeeps - interested to hear what you are running and if you have any custom tunes.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe I’ve missed it, but is there a way to have dual TOMs settings? On for 2hi and one for 4lo?
If you are referring to TPMS no you can only have one threshold - most that drop tire pressure really low for offroad usually just turn it off.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What programmers/tuners do you run on all your Jeeps - interested to hear what you are running and if you have any custom tunes.
I have run super chips custom tunes, bully dog, and a few others on my jk;s over the years as well as having my jeeps taken in to a tuner shop for custom ECU flashes. Not sure what you are asking? Have i ever spent 600.00 for a tune umm no never!! will I? not in a million years. Do I think super chips is over priced for what you get? yes sir!! wayyyy over priced especially for the JL and the features they say it will do but dont. And comparing this to the tazer for 80.00 more I will be getting the tazer and returning this Flashcal money pit.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have only used one tuner ever and it’s a Tazer JL considered the Flashcal but after reading and comparing reviews and the cost I went with a Taser JL and have zero regrets, they now offer a Taser lite that has a lot of the most used features that a lot use but is limited but can be upgraded, either one will serve you well and it’s very easy to setup, I had some help doing it from @TTEChris but I have spent a lot of time going thru all what’s offered and even though I currently don’t use a lot of the features what I am using is so helpful.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have run super chips custom tunes, bully dog, and a few others on my jk;s over the years as well as having my jeeps taken in to a tuner shop for custom ECU flashes. Not sure what you are asking? Have i ever spent 600.00 for a tune umm no never!! will I? not in a million years. Do I think super chips is over priced for what you get? yes sir!! wayyyy over priced especially for the JL and the features they say it will do but dont. And comparing this to the tazer for 80.00 more I will be getting the tazer and returning this Flashcal money pit.
You can run whichever you choose but in the end when tuning is available for the JL it will be at a cost no matter what programmer you start with. Some programmers can’t even be upgraded to tune so you would have to buy a stand alone tuner.

If you ran a Superchip product on your JK their pricing for the JL is essentially identical. The flashpaq (program and tune) for the JK is $500.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You can run whichever you choose but in the end when tuning is available for the JL it will be at a cost no matter what programmer you start with. Some programmers can’t even be upgraded to tune so you would have to buy a stand alone tuner.

If you ran a Superchip product on your JK their pricing for the JL is essentially identical. The flashpaq (program and tune) for the JK is $500.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/17609_5003.htm#&gid=1&pid=1

349.00 with tunes for jk and i can get for 299.00 not sure were you shop at but 500 dollars is crazy man.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
https://www.quadratec.com/products/17609_5003.htm#&gid=1&pid=1
349.00 with tunes for jk and i can get for 299.00 not sure were you shop at but 500 dollars is crazy man.
Total different technology between a 2014 and 2018 - to tune starting in 2015 (I think that is the year) requires a PCM swap to properly tune and maintain all the programming features.

If you look at the same flashpaq for 2015-2017 JKs they are $499 - other platforms a little more which is online with the JL.

So when you are comparing costs it is beneficial to compare the same technology not just the brand and platform of the programmer.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Hey Guys, Got an appointment in the morning to get the Rubicon re-flashed for the CC recall and for the wandering steering issue. Also a first oil change.
Question: I would like to leave the Flashcal module installed cause It's such pain for me to get up in there to uninstall and then re-install. In my old age I have become somehow less flexible to do those kinds of things like I could when I was younger.
Anyone leave theirs installed and have a successful reflash ? Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MotoMax Regardless of why your JL goes to the dealership service department, you would be very very foolish to leave a programmer hooked up to the vehicle. You must know this..

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
@MotoMax Regardless of why your JL goes to the dealership service department, you would be very very foolish to leave a programmer hooked up to the vehicle. You must know this..
Right after I posted this I decided to remove the module to get ready for my early AM appointment. I put more air in the 315's so the reflash won't set off the TPM low pressure warning.
I'll pop the FlashCal module back in the dealer parking lot, let the air back out of the tires, re-calc the speedo/TPM's for the 70 mile drive back home. Praying the reflash with the TSB # 08-092-18 will correct that awful wandering steering issue.

UPDATE: Dealership did the first oil change and did the PCM flash for the Cruise Control Recall. Popped the module back in and hooked up the FlashCal programmer to reset the larger tire dia. and the TPM low pres. threshold back down to 22 lbs.. Turned out the dealer flash didn't affect either setting, didn't have to do a thing. The really good news is that the sloppy steering is much better now. No play in the steering wheel. What a difference!

Last edited:

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Tried it, and didn't work. I get the "chime" after buckling three times, but then just goes right back to chiming as soon as you start driving.
Dang it worked for me. Maybe I used a dif vid