Sun Visor Fix

Kojava

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
BTW, if you de pin, you can swap the red and yellow wire positions and get the garage door opener to work even when the Jeep isn't on. I hated that it didn't work once I shut the engine off. All other vehicles Ive owned, the built in garage door opener was powered all the time. It's a mod that is gratifying that I think about every time I push that button once I've parked and shut down.
Nice perk! Thanks for mentioning this. This is also a simple thing that I miss. This JL is the only vehicle I've had that can't operate the opener while the engine's off.

But now my "vanity mirror" light doesn't work unless the engine is running. I'm going thru withdrawls of not being able to see myself at night in the vanity mirror. :LOL:
That's rough... ;)

Advertisement

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
My driver's side broke yesterday so I will be ordering some of the metal retaining clips and following @Roky's guide on how to fix it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
My driver's side broke yesterday so I will be ordering some of the metal retaining clips and following @Roky's guide on how to fix it.
Yep, it's a pathetically chintzy retaining method, but also a very easy fix, so at least there's that :)

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Repaired mine today. Seems to be working well. I could not get the stem to stick out back the base as much as @roaniecowpony did, but the retaining ring is well onto the shaft and in the grooves. Hopefully, it is fixed for good now.

Photo of the repair and the wires (in case someone forgets to take a photo ahead of time):

fSBa44.jpg

fSBYGf.jpg

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement