Sun Visor Broken

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Sounds like they expect to have a replacement ready for me tomorrow.

If they weren't going to warranty it, I was ready to buy a replacement I found on eBay for $83.
Sponsored

slewis2452

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Update*
Took it to a second dealership and they said that it was under warranty. Itā€™s crazy to me that one dealership can say itā€™s not under warranty and another can say it is. There should be standards, but clearly there are not... or else this would not be an issue at all.

jlwrangler4j

First Name
Jhonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My Wrangler Sahara JLU is not even a month old and both visors also came off. AND the infotainment is showing all black on half the screen. BEFORE THAT, the day after I bright it home from the dealer, the battery died. Turns out it need a while new battery which the dealer took care. They are also taking care of the visor and infotainment problem BUT now Iā€™m worried maybe I wasnā€™t meant to own my dream car and shouldā€™ve stayed with Toyotas.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My Wrangler Sahara JLU is not even a month old and both visors also came off. AND the infotainment is showing all black on half the screen. BEFORE THAT, the day after I bright it home from the dealer, the battery died. Turns out it need a while new battery which the dealer took care. They are also taking care of the visor and infotainment problem BUT now Iā€™m worried maybe I wasnā€™t meant to own my dream car and shouldā€™ve stayed with Toyotas.
Hello jlwrangler4j,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your previous concerns, however, we are happy to hear your dealer was able to assist you. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please know our team is available. We're always happy to assist.
Laura
JeepCares

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Our Jeep will get dropped off at the dealership on Monday for a rotational knock. They are also going to replace the passenger side visor while itā€™s in for maintenance.

CF1D4710-A23B-4025-85D7-E0290F425557.jpeg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add me to the list of broken visors, havenā€™t even had it a month and passenger side popped down
Our Jeep will get dropped off at the dealership on Monday for a rotational knock. They are also going to replace the passenger side visor while itā€™s in for maintenance.

CF1D4710-A23B-4025-85D7-E0290F425557.jpeg
Please know that our team is available for additional support during any dealer service. Feel free to send us a private message and we'd be happy to assist you during your repair process.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
My wife was driving the Jeep the other day and the sun visor broke while she was driving. Since she drives South in the morning and North in the afternoon, she usually has it out across the side window. While she was driving the visor suddenly fell and would not stay up. I took off the screws that hold it and found that the plastic piece that goes around the metal had broken right at the mount, so now it will not stay in the mount. The visor is currently hanging by the wire on that side if the other side is not clipped and you can't use it at all.

Have an appointment at the dealer this weekend for them to fix/replace under warranty. Currently just under 1 year of ownership and about 17K miles. Will update with resolution from dealer. Just wanted to share if any one else has this issue.

I know this image is not great, but I had enough light to see the issue and did not want to move the Jeep outside for a picture.

20190914_175938.jpg
We had the passenger visor break. Took it to the dealer and it took them 4 months due get the replacement. Unfortunately I know the driver side will eventually go. I'm getting use to things breaking on this vehicle because I've already replaced to latches (glove compartment and center console), Alpine speakers were getting static, latch to fold rear seat broke. Was never thinking of buying the extended warranty before the original expires but now I think i will as the JL isn't really built that well.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
We had the passenger visor break. Took it to the dealer and it took them 4 months due get the replacement. Unfortunately I know the driver side will eventually go. I'm getting use to things breaking on this vehicle because I've already replaced to latches (glove compartment and center console), Alpine speakers were getting static, latch to fold rear seat broke. Was never thinking of buying the extended warranty before the original expires but now I think i will as the JL isn't really built that well.
I agree. Many on these forums will say the visor is a minor thing, but there are a lot of issues with these, frame welds, steering wander, steering lock up, death wobble, bad clutches, bad valve bodies, ESS, rear defrost wire, bubbling paint, limited slip differential problems, u-connect issues, etc. Jeep needs to step up... itā€™s embarrassing.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Sorry you are going through this.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I agree. Many on these forums will say the visor is a minor thing, but there are a lot of issues with these, frame welds, steering wander, steering lock up, death wobble, bad clutches, bad valve bodies, ESS, rear defrost wire, bubbling paint, limited slip differential problems, u-connect issues, etc. Jeep needs to step up... itā€™s embarrassing.
It's a jeep thing, they say.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Dealer replaced the passenger side visor when it was in for a rotational knock. All is well again!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
sorry to hear that but you know you can always move to Vancouver and you won't need one

Gounamitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
I went to the dealership today with the same issue. Broken sun visor, driver side. They are not sure if it's covered under warranty or not. They said that they never saw that before. Is this supposed to be covered under warranty or not? I have a 2019 JL Sport with 19000Km.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I went to the dealership today with the same issue. Broken sun visor, driver side. They are not sure if it's covered under warranty or not. They said that they never saw that before. Is this supposed to be covered under warranty or not? I have a 2019 JL Sport with 19000Km.
Show them this thread.
Sponsored