DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Both of my sun visors have begun to slip out of their mounts. they ordered two new ones and will be installing them tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue? The Jeep is 5 years old with 75k on it. I don't think they've had severe duty other than bouncing around off-road a bit. When folded up they are fine, but they slip out of their mounting hole when pulled down for use.

I'm not sure of the cost, but I've got a $200 deductible on my Max Care warranty. I also have a console latch they will fix in the same shot, as well.
Sponsored

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
Both of my sun visors have begun to slip out of their mounts. they ordered two new ones and will be installing them tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue? The Jeep is 5 years old with 75k on it. I don't think they've had severe duty other than bouncing around off-road a bit. When folded up they are fine, but they slip out of their mounting hole when pulled down for use.

I'm not sure of the cost, but I've got a $200 deductible on my Max Care warranty. I also have a console latch they will fix in the same shot, as well.
Very very common problem. New visors are about $38 bucks each at your dealer, cheaper if you buy them online. It takes about 10 minutes to replace each one. Once repaired get a set of ----> these <---- to keep it from happening again. Save the $200 deductable & repair it yourself.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Spot on post above, but you don’t even need to replace them, the fix is the Amazon link NeilP posted which will hold up your visors

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very very common problem. New visors are about $38 bucks each at your dealer, cheaper if you buy them online. It takes about 10 minutes to replace each one. Once repaired get a set of ----> these <---- to keep it from happening again. Save the $200 deductable & repair it yourself.
I'm in!

I'll post pics of the console latch to see if there's an easy/cheap fix for that, too, when I get a chance.
Thanks all! You are the best!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question....that will fix it dropping down out of the hole, right? Mine isn't coming out where it connects to the visor, but rather the hole that the arm goes up into at the windshield frame trim.

Sponsored

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Quick question....that will fix it dropping down out of the hole, right? Mine isn't coming out where it connects to the visor, but rather the hole that the arm goes up into at the windshield frame trim.
Yup. the little plastic retainer breaks off on the other side of the mounting plate (far right and left sides of the visors) and allows the arm to fall out. Super easy fix.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Dan,
This was and continues to be a chronic JL problem. It happened to my 2018 JLUR a year after I bought it. My wife rolled her eyes and said something to the effect that this has been the most problematic vehicle I've owned. I eventually took it in and they wanted to keep it for a day or two. I decided to deal with it myself and came up with the fix in the thread below. Later, there were other fixes, eventually someone came up with the tabs that screwed on the outside of the base.
Sun Visor Fix | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

For us with the visors with mirrors and lights as well as the driver side with the garage door openers, the visors are still very expensive.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
If you buy the kit that I shared, take a look at the brackets when you get them. You'll notice that one end is machined. That machined end goes toward the vertical section of the visor arm. One of the "U" shape cutouts will be facing toward the windshield (I think it was the drivers side) and the other side will be facing away from the windshield.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on post above, but you don’t even need to replace them, the fix is the Amazon link NeilP posted which will hold up your visors
Does the large option fit both sides? I think I now see how this works.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Does the large option fit both sides? I think I now see how this works.
Yes, you definitely want the large option, they will give you one for each side. The small option has been reported to show some sag still. I installed them as a preventative measure

Sponsored

MJS

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Yep, it happened to me also. I did not replace the visors but bought these on Amazon for $16; like most said super easy fix.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door

I went ahead and bought the Taccom single screw clips as a preventative measure. I’ve read too much about the issue and didn’t want to mess with a dealer when the time came.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I guess they're right.... sex sells. How does this lady have anything to do with the visor??

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Issues? 1677701900843

I mean, if she comes WITH the product, I'd buy it for sure!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I bought a set. Thanks again so much for all the help!! You folks are the BEST!
Sponsored