Sting Gray vs New Earl Gray

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Wife wanted the sting grey, so we ended up with a white one, lol. It matches our other 2 white vehicles. I just asked her if she wanted to still get a sting grey jeep. She asked if I wanted to get a fleet of jeeps. ;)

Are the 392 available in any color? I love the Snazzleberry and was disappointed that it wasn't available anymore

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When we went shopping, I wanted a brught loud color. My wife liked Sting Gray. After looking at Mojito, Hella Yellow, Ocean Blue and Punkin Orange, I decided that those colors would be cool fir a few months and then I'd have wished I had gone with something else. Can't say I've regretted getting Sting Gray ever.

As others have said, Earl looks like a blue-ish version of the Bronco Cactus Gray. Out of the Bronco colors, That's ny favorite. I thought Area 51 would be until I saw a Cactus colored Bronco over the weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sting Gray vs New Earl Gray 20210926_182346

Last edited:

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Perhaps Earl will replace Sting, but it may be replacing Billet Silver Metallic.
Silver Zynith is replacing Billet Silver on the Gladiator. I'm sure it will be the same with the Wrangler. Can't see them having a different silver on each.

KimberlyHart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I ordered my ā€˜22 JLU on Saturday ! šŸŽ‰ I went with Sting since Earl was not an option. Then I was thinkingā€”- if Earl ends up replacing Sting for ā€˜22s will they automatically switch it out? Or can I presume itā€™ll definitely be Sting since thatā€™s what the factory order went in as?

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wow, didn't know White was that popular. I thought Sting was the winner over the past year.
I donā€™t have hard stats on this, but I remember reading somewhere that white is the most popular vehicle color, period. Followed by silver.
Obviously it doesnā€™t stand out, but apparently itā€™s the go to.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Silver Zynith is replacing Billet Silver on the Gladiator. I'm sure it will be the same with the Wrangler. Can't see them having a different silver on each.
You're probably right. I was just assuming & you know how that can go.
;)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The Sting Gray name never made sense to me.

However, while scrolling through channels this morning, I think I figured it out.

I misread Stringray as Sting Gray.

It is a play on words.

Sting Gray = Stingray

Jeep Wrangler JL Sting Gray vs New Earl Gray 20211013_045332

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
The Sting Gray name never made sense to me.

However, while scrolling through channels this morning, I think I figured it out.

I misread Stringray as Sting Gray.

It is a play on words.

Sting Gray = Stingray

Jeep Wrangler JL Sting Gray vs New Earl Gray 20211013_045332
In my mind, I thought everyone already knew this šŸ˜

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Is this screen shot from FCA? What's the 18.1 for Sting-Gray?
Its from the order screen, I actually dont know what the 18.1% on "my availability" stands for. The only thing I use it for is to mock orders up for people, I dont do orders for stock. The number as of today is above 22% though, whatever it stands for :D

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Wife wanted the sting grey, so we ended up with a white one, lol. It matches our other 2 white vehicles. I just asked her if she wanted to still get a sting grey jeep. She asked if I wanted to get a fleet of jeeps. ;)

Are the 392 available in any color? I love the Snazzleberry and was disappointed that it wasn't available anymore
Looks like you can choose any color available on the other trim levels. Snazzberry is still listed as of today

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ordered my ā€˜22 JLU on Saturday ! šŸŽ‰ I went with Sting since Earl was not an option. Then I was thinkingā€”- if Earl ends up replacing Sting for ā€˜22s will they automatically switch it out? Or can I presume itā€™ll definitely be Sting since thatā€™s what the factory order went in as?
You will get what you ordered.