Sponsored

Couldn't order Sting Gray

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
So after another Rubicon test drive last weekend I told my sales person that I would be ready to place an order once the Sting Gray color was available. So Monday or Tuesday I get a message that Sting Gray is now available, great. So I go to the dealership today to place my order and its a no go. What I'm being told is that I can not place an order because the body color hard top is not available in that color, that its painted at a different location and the paint supply has not been received, I could order with a black hard top or soft top

Starting to get a little frustrated with this experience, although I am still interested in the power roof so maybe this is an omen for me to wait until May (thats what they are saying) then I can get the color and roof I want.

anyone else experience this???
Sponsored

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
That's correct. I ordered Sting Gray today with a black hard top and it went through.
I ordered the same yesterday. Did your salesperson give you a time estimate other than traditional 6-8 weeks?

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
He said to be a little more conservative because they just started producing the color. He thought maybe 10 or 12 weeks at the most.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I ordered 2/27.... a JLRU, Sting Gray, Dual Black Top. Got a VON immediately, A VIN 2 days later. Jeep Chat says its in D Status and that the typical time from D to Built is 30 days. Looking forward to seeing one posted on the Forum when one arrives at a dealer... Cheers to all you Sting Gray purchasers... The wait will be worth it...

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
I ordered 2/27.... a JLRU, Sting Gray, Dual Black Top. Got a VON immediately, A VIN 2 days later. Jeep Chat says its in D Status and that the typical time from D to Built is 30 days. Looking forward to seeing one posted on the Forum when one arrives at a dealer... Cheers to all you Sting Gray purchasers... The wait will be worth it...
I checked for my VIN on Jeep Chat today since I thought it was ordered a week ago when I put my deposit down. She called the dealer and they said they just got their allocation yesterday so the order is in and I have the VON. Waiting on the VIN now. Hmmm...

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
I checked for my VIN on Jeep Chat today since I thought it was ordered a week ago when I put my deposit down. She called the dealer and they said they just got their allocation yesterday so the order is in and I have the VON. Waiting on the VIN now. Hmmm...
Hopefully you will get a VIN number soon.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Placed my order on 3/2 and just got my VIN today.

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Sting Gray Color Matching Hardtop ? ?
Well..._We're_Waiting.png

Too Order ! !

Last edited:

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update: Finally received my VIN at noon today!
Congrats on your order. I ordered 2/27 and still in D status.