First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Anyone having luck finding the AP4-CH41 (R.2) version?
Sponsored

carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB and 2014 Wrangler 2-door Freedom Edition
Hey all I have an update on those BLAM RS and RC series speakers. I got the 6.5" up on the sound display today and the best way I can describe them is a poor man's Focal Flax (Focal Flax usually sell for $550 a set). Our sound board houses 6.5" speakers, but they do make these in a 4" component for $250 a set.

Great mid range and vocals, extremely efficient. The 4" component is rated at 90 dB, the 6.5" I put on display are rated at 93 dB. These are 2 ohm speakers so keep that in mind with whatever amp you plan on using. The tweeter is not quite as smooth as Focal or Morel, but still very pleasant and nicely blended to balance with the mid range. Mid range not quite as clean/tight as the Focal Flax, but for $250 a set I think they're a phenomenal value.

We are installing the AP4-CH41R2 in a 19 RAM this week and next (big project) with the 8.4" non amplified, with active noise cancellation. I will post updates in case we run into any snags, but looks pretty straight forward.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
Just FYI - I'm an audio enthusiast and prefer rich audio in a vehicle. I know that most of the discussions in this thread are for a quality system, all at a cost for components and labor. Since my budget doesn't allow for the 'desired' setup, I went ahead with the Alpine upgrade - PSS-23WRA as it's a fairly straightforward installation for a novice and although priced too high, makes sense for my budget. I got it installed yesterday after 3.5 hours of effort and my review is that it's a really nice upgrade to my 'base 5" non-Alpine system' of my JLU Sport. The tweeters help and the sub helps fill in the lack of bass in the base system. In my view, it's a noticeable upgrade and happy with the results - all done by myself.

Last edited:

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
I've been trying to figure that out too, since it looks like the modifications needed are extensive for anything bigger than a 4" to fit.

The part numbers I've narrowed it down to so far for the Alpine equipped systems are:

SPEAKER ASSEMBLY. FRONT. Right.Instrument Panel Parts Module+RC4. Right. [Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Alpine Premium Audio System]. 68283474AB or 68302006AB

SPEAKER ASSEMBLY. FRONT. Left.Instrument Panel Parts Module+RC4.Left. [Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Alpine Premium Audio System]. 68283475AC or 68302007AC

I could be completely wrong but that's what I've come up with from the diagrams. Not sure why there seem to be two part numbers for the same thing and what the differences might be. The non-alpine part numbers are different again.

Anyone else have more definitive part number info?
Nice find, friend! I'm going down that path too, I'd rather spend $50/housing and mock that up than tear into my oem and really make a mess of things.

porkninjason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 Door
so glad I found this thread.. will wait a bit to see how the new pac-audio works, I have a old JL 5 channel amp i'm hoping to re-use for my 2019 JL rubicon 2 door.

Sponsored

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
My husband and I own and run a car audio shop and we both own Jeeps and do a ton of full system stereo upgrades in them. We've already done a couple systems in the JLU style and just picked up one for ourselves in December so I just wrote a real in depth blog post about the audio upgrade options. I'll try and condense it here with the tips we've learned so far and what's currently on the market for parts.

• 4" Components - not a lot on the market, but Morel Hybrid 402 and Virtus 402 fit perfectly and sound fantastic, highly recommend.
  • Audison AP4 and AP1 tweeter also an option (but Morel better quality for the money)
Hey @carstereochick I saw Morel has the 4" Hybrid and the 4" Hybrid Shallow now. Did you use the regular ones or the shallows? And when you say fit perfectly, does that mean plug and play or did adapters have to be used? I ask because it looks like the 4" (on the soundbar at least) is recessed in, along with the three mounting tab locations, and I was wondering how hard it would be for me to get a good seal. Not a pro here! BTW Nice color on your JLUR!

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Anyone having luck finding the AP4-CH41 (R.2) version?
It’s named different. I searched this entire forum and found the upc number. Googled it and this is the same thing. It’s pricier I think.

PAC AP4-CH41 (AP4CH41) Amppro power adapter Compatible with 2013-2017 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Vehicles

carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, we just installed one in a 2019 Ram without Alpine, with active noise cancellation. They still haven't shipped the ANC-CH01 for active noise bypass so we disconnected it at the module. In this vehicle it was under the driver seat. You can call their tech support to find out what to disconnect and where if you have active noise cancellation and non amplified.

I wish I took a picture of the UPC code before my husband installed it in this 2019 Ram without Alpine system. The box says AP4-CH41 but there is an R2 by the UPC as in revision 2. But when you open the box, it's clearly different than the original.

When I order the part from AAMP it has an R2 at the end just like you see it on their website. I think they just haven't updated the packaging completely yet which makes it more confusing since the outer shroud looks exactly the same. I think eventually the original one will be sold out and they'll just sell the R2 that covers both since price is the same, but since they still have both, you have to check by the UPC and make sure you see the R2 on the box.

AP4-CH41R2-with-harnesses-1-768x576.jpg

AP4-CH41R2-768x1024.jpg

carstereochick

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @carstereochick I saw Morel has the 4" Hybrid and the 4" Hybrid Shallow now. Did you use the regular ones or the shallows? And when you say fit perfectly, does that mean plug and play or did adapters have to be used? I ask because it looks like the 4" (on the soundbar at least) is recessed in, along with the three mounting tab locations, and I was wondering how hard it would be for me to get a good seal. Not a pro here! BTW Nice color on your JLUR!
We used the regular ones, shallows were geared more towards BMW's, but not necessary in the Jeep. They do not plug and play, have to wire up external crossovers, but they do fit in OEM locations without modifying the housing. In all aftermarket speaker installs we use gasket tape around speaker rim for good seal.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have the 8.4 and the Alpine "upgraded" factory audio. The factory speakers are atrocious. I'm looking at using JBL GX302 and I'm concerned about the low ohms of these speakers with the factory amp. They are rated at 2.3 ohms. I believe that I'll be okay so long as I don't push them hard for long periods. But I don't know how touchy the factory amp is.

Sponsored

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I've been trying to figure that out too, since it looks like the modifications needed are extensive for anything bigger than a 4" to fit.

The part numbers I've narrowed it down to so far for the Alpine equipped systems are:

SPEAKER ASSEMBLY. FRONT. Right.Instrument Panel Parts Module+RC4. Right. [Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Alpine Premium Audio System]. 68283474AB or 68302006AB

SPEAKER ASSEMBLY. FRONT. Left.Instrument Panel Parts Module+RC4.Left. [Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Alpine Premium Audio System]. 68283475AC or 68302007AC

I could be completely wrong but that's what I've come up with from the diagrams. Not sure why there seem to be two part numbers for the same thing and what the differences might be. The non-alpine part numbers are different again.

Anyone else have more definitive part number info?
You’ve done better than I. After a full weekend of searching, I’ve came up empty. This is a great start. Thank you!
Did anyone figure this out? Someone asked on an earlier post if it would be possible to fit a 5.25 in the existing pods with minimum modification? Limiting the choices to only 4" in the knee panels is kinda ridiculous if a dremel and some quick clips would allow you to fit something bigger and open up our options. I came from the era where we had to use a hacksaw blade on the dash to fit a single din radio in the dash so this should be very doable IMHO.

Can someone confirm this is what the pods look like on a JLU?
s-l1600.jpg

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can someone confirm this is what the pods look like on a JLU?
I ordered a 68283474AB (Alpine, left hand drive, passenger side) and that's what it looks like. At first glance, the passenger one looks to be the harder one to modify. For around $50 I thought I was ordering just the pod, but the part includes the pod, the speaker grill and the speaker - which gives some idea how 'premium' the Alpine speakers are.

I sat pondering it at the weekend and I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably try the Morel Hybrids in there first rather than modifying it. Aside form being lazy, I originally thought I might be able to get a 5" in there by just trimming off some of the plastic, but I decided even that's too much work for me to do a good job with. The pipe for the port wraps around behind close to the speaker so that would have to be trimmed too. What it's hard to appreciate from photos is that the whole front of the pod is slightly curved and slopes away from the speaker, so just trimming the plastic would leave you with a surface that may be hard to get anything larger than a 4" to sit flush against. The right thing to do is probably to cut off the whole front of the pod and fabricate a custom flat surface. Like I said though, I'm too lazy.

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I ordered a 68283474AB (Alpine, left hand drive, passenger side) and that's what it looks like. At first glance, the passenger one looks to be the harder one to modify. For around $50 I thought I was ordering just the pod, but the part includes the pod, the speaker grill and the speaker - which gives some idea how 'premium' the Alpine speakers are.

I sat pondering it at the weekend and I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably try the Morel Hybrids in there first rather than modifying it. Aside form being lazy, I originally thought I might be able to get a 5" in there by just trimming off some of the plastic, but I decided even that's too much work for me to do a good job with. The pipe for the port wraps around behind close to the speaker so that would have to be trimmed too. What it's hard to appreciate from photos is that the whole front of the pod is slightly curved and slopes away from the speaker, so just trimming the plastic would leave you with a surface that may be hard to get anything larger than a 4" to sit flush against. The right thing to do is probably to cut off the whole front of the pod and fabricate a custom flat surface. Like I said though, I'm too lazy.
Thank you for clarifying this for everyone. I understand what you mean about the extra work being a hassle. Hopefully a big company like Metra or similar will make a replacement pod.

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Thanks Rploaded I ordered both pods 68283474AB & 68283475AC and want to get them fabricated before disassembling my dash.

I spoke with a guy I have used for fiberglass work he said he could absolutely fabricate these for me. I told him others might be interested in getting something made. He had a few questions for anyone that might be interested.

Would you want buy the pods ship them to him and get him to do all the work?
Just buy them already done?
Another option he could make a new face piece then you could remove yours and do the work.
I assume the face piece he makes should be blank so you can cut out and install whatever size you want?

Let me know if y'all think I should start a new thread as to not hijack this one
Sponsored