So how stupid would this look?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
So here's the situation. 2020 JL sport, 2 door.

My shepherd mix has developed a strong preference for sitting in the front passenger seat. Obviously, with doors off, he can't do that.
How stupid would it be/look if I only took the driver's side door off?
not near as stupid as having a grumper...
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Your jeep, your dog……. Your way. Nobody should care to be critical and, if they go out of their way to be critical about something so trivial, well, that speaks volumes about them as a person.

do as you wish.

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep JL, 86 K 30 cucv, F Toy buggy # 20
Occupation
retired Vietnam vet
i have wheeled 55+ years with dogs and no doors. i have rolled several times with dogs and never had one hurt. always leashed with room to move. all over the southwest Mojave road to the Hammer trails. heelers rock. granted we were both lucky. the better prepared you are the less luck you need

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
How it looks to me isn't as important as the safety of the dog. I don't like having a loose dog in my jeep even with doors on. I don't like the distraction. If I am on a long trip, dogs are crated in the back. For a short trip into town or something similar, I have used a harness with my dog and I think they are safer in comparison to just loose.

Doors off and dog harnessed seems ok to me but also depends on the dog. Doors off with no harness is a no.

Bottom line is nothing is 100% safe about driving no matter how you strap in. Reduction in hazard is all you can really achieve. Just don't be like that guy who's loose dog jumps out of the moving pickup truck on the road when it saw a critter.

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual

My shepherd mix has developed a strong preference for sitting in the front passenger seat. Obviously, with doors off, he can't do that.
I say go with it ...I mean, u can always replace a dog but nothing replaces the look on peoples faces when they see u with just one door off.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
He'll be fine... Hell, as long as he wears his seatbelt, you could even let him drive...

Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? do

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I took this photo last weekend of my buddy driving their Mercedes camper through a tricky section with their golden retriever playing navigator

This has nothing to do with Jeeps, but I thought I'd share. We couldn't have gotten the dog to pose like that had we tried. 🤪

Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? _DSC0089.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? _DSC0189

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I took this photo last weekend of my buddy driving their Mercedes camper through a tricky section with their golden retriever playing navigator

This has nothing to do with Jeeps, but I thought I'd share. We couldn't have gotten the dog to pose like that had we tried. 🤪
Took this a few years ago, went into the store to get some groceries and came out to this.
Our dog Borris has claimed the driver seat.
Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? 7A559984-FD40-4610-89EB-58589BE57223
Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? 7E8E0F4B-D257-427B-8240-8A50D7AD5707

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

I've actually thought about this for when the day comes and I get a dog again. I would take the door off but find some sort of mesh cage and create my own door out of it.
Like this but for the entire door...
Jeep Wrangler JL So how stupid would this look? 1670378415746
Sponsored