Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow…… if you’re never taking your rig off-road then maybe you can sell your winch and get one of these ……..the other things on your list aren’t worth trying to get resolved, shit like that happens on the daily this day and age, you just have to expect it, and be prepared to fix it otherwise it will never be to your standards……….:)

Jeep Wrangler JL How would you handle this with a shop? 5B71A324-3636-4524-AEA8-FBFC84863AE3

Warn Zeon 10-S Dummy Winch

The Zeon Dummy Winch is an unusable copy of the dependable Warn Zeon Winch. With its Heavy-Duty looks and Warn decal, your friends at the 7-11 parking won’t know the difference between this dummy winch and a real-life winch. Let’s face it, you’ll never use a real winch anyway, so why pay for a real winch?

Built with the actual Warn Zeon external winch body parts, this dummy looks exactly like a real Warn Zeon winch, but it doesn’t have any of the expensive internals needed to make this thing actually winch you out of a sticky situation.

Featuring the industry standard 10x4.5” bolt pattern, this dummy winch will bolt up to most winch bumpers, immediately making your 4x4 look tougher than it really is.

By not having that powerful series-wound electric motor, that 3-stage planetary geartrain or that class-leading cone braking system, you will have the most reliable winch of all your friends. It will literally never break down and leave you stranded. Another bonus is without a connection to your battery, you’ll never have to worry about the extra strain on your vehicle’s electrical system.

Best of all, this winch is backed by a limited Lifetime Warranty. Which you’ll never have to use, because this winch is designed to look good, not actually work.
Sponsored

ABRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
Wow…… if you’re never taking your rig off-road then maybe you can sell your winch and get one of these ……..the other things on your list aren’t worth trying to get resolved, shit like that happens on the daily this day and age, you just have to expect it, and be prepared to fix it otherwise it will never be to your standards……….:)

Jeep Wrangler JL How would you handle this with a shop? 5B71A324-3636-4524-AEA8-FBFC84863AE3

Warn Zeon 10-S Dummy Winch

The Zeon Dummy Winch is an unusable copy of the dependable Warn Zeon Winch. With its Heavy-Duty looks and Warn decal, your friends at the 7-11 parking won’t know the difference between this dummy winch and a real-life winch. Let’s face it, you’ll never use a real winch anyway, so why pay for a real winch?

Built with the actual Warn Zeon external winch body parts, this dummy looks exactly like a real Warn Zeon winch, but it doesn’t have any of the expensive internals needed to make this thing actually winch you out of a sticky situation.

Featuring the industry standard 10x4.5” bolt pattern, this dummy winch will bolt up to most winch bumpers, immediately making your 4x4 look tougher than it really is.

By not having that powerful series-wound electric motor, that 3-stage planetary geartrain or that class-leading cone braking system, you will have the most reliable winch of all your friends. It will literally never break down and leave you stranded. Another bonus is without a connection to your battery, you’ll never have to worry about the extra strain on your vehicle’s electrical system.

Best of all, this winch is backed by a limited Lifetime Warranty. Which you’ll never have to use, because this winch is designed to look good, not actually work.

I don't know, that yellow 1980s water ski line doesn't look quite right....

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Agreed on the customer is a customer. The fact of the matter is I would expect additional precautions to be taken when someone works on my 392 vs. working on my old TJ. Nothing out of line about this.
So you’re an elitist, and an entitled one at that.

Are the things you described minor annoyances? Yes. Are they worth losing sleep over? No, but I can understand why you’d take issue with these things. Fine. What I don’t understand, and I agree with Beachcomber, is why grown ass men feel the need to come on an Internet forum to find advice on how to handle a basic, trivial issue like addressing something like this with a shop.

He’s right, and you’re wrong to tell him to fuck off for telling it to you straight. Grow a pair and drive over to the shop and be up front, polite but firm and explain your concerns. Wait for their response and act accordingly in return, whatever that entails. Seriously, all these beta males that can’t talk to people in person drives me crazy.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
He is gonna have to unspool the rope anyway as I doubt they pre-tensioned it. Unless the winch is purely for show. I do my rope every few months.
Good point but I get the distinct impression that winch ain't gonna see much service based on the stress the marker gave him... lol.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No offense meant to anyone here (and no pun intended).

1. When someone posts a question, some people become personal, they should not care how the poster uses/ or not uses his/her Jeep.
2. Please read the title before you post. That will remind you what the post is about.
3. Off topic - To Rubicon owners - I have read multiple threads how the R owners ask, why the Fu*k did you buy a Sport or a Sahara etc and not a bad ass Rubicon.

I ask these JLUR owners, why not get or upgrade to a 392?

Rubicon owners give a lot of shit to other lesser Wrangler owners. 392 owners get a lot of hate from JEEPers here.

Food for thought - Should 392 owners start to look down upon lesser Rubicon Wrangler owners the same way Rubiconers think about Sahara or sport?
Holy $hit now we've got Sigmund Freud over here analyzing the posts.

Maybe the owner has deep seated Mother issues from an overbearing mother who didn't allow him to use markers out of the lines...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Couldn't help myself.

Jeep Wrangler JL How would you handle this with a shop? 87aa3fb0e8e9ecd151ced00fd2b5280f

This thread has been a source of entertainment for me for a couple days now. I'd hate to see it end.
Don't worry, I just threw a couple more logs on the fire... lol.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I wanted to get opinions on how to handle and if my expectations were unrealistic. This thread gave me those answers.

Winch wont see much use, Jeep wont see much if any off road. Glad this has been amusing for everyone.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to get opinions on how to handle and if my expectations were unrealistic. This thread gave me those answers.

Winch wont see much use, Jeep wont see much if any off road. Glad this has been amusing for everyone.
Thank You...

Jeep Wrangler JL How would you handle this with a shop? 1670084685783

Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Look dude, we understand some people are super particular about the condition of their Prius', and some of those driver also then buy Jeeps.

Vehicular Hypochondria is a serious issue, perhaps you can get some assistance from your gynecologist...

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.