First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Bought a DeepSleep and quickly realized I couldn’t comfortably camp this way. Give it try and see if it works for you too.

DDFF18E6-F2A1-460F-A252-968AF3509237.jpeg

ED522A8E-529D-4470-B658-F266FDDAA8D1.jpeg

4FA98875-D107-4009-8B1C-10F7AC0EE717.jpeg
Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
The Jeepsleep looks good but for that price, it would've been nice if they made it thicker near the feet to compensate for the incline.
I'm currently using a standard inflatable camping mattress. It's like 1/3 the price and at least it rolls up very small so I can use it for backpacking as well.

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The Jeepsleep looks good but for that price, it would've been nice if they made it thicker near the feet to compensate for the incline.
I'm currently using a standard inflatable camping mattress. It's like 1/3 the price and at least it rolls up very small so I can use it for backpacking as well.
You can always try to find an incline to park on! Agree would be best without having to compensate though

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So, I finally removed my rear seats and lowered my sleeping platform. I got it down about 3 inches. The fridge is now part of the platform, which let me get lower. Hoping to test it out this weekend. Next, I'll cut my foam mattress so I can easily flip it up to gain access, and another cut for when the front seats are moved.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! 20210912_161416
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! 20210912_161427
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! 20210912_161439

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So, I finally removed my rear seats and lowered my sleeping platform. I got it down about 3 inches. The fridge is now part of the platform, which let me get lower. Hoping to test it out this weekend. Next, I'll cut my foam mattress so I can easily flip it up to gain access, and another cut for when the front seats are moved.

That looks awesome, man. Any chance you've documented the build process, or could share measurements, lessons learned, etc?

Also, how easily does that come in and out of the Jeep?

I'd like to build a platform, mainly so that I have some storage in the Jeep when I'm sleeping in it. Basically similar to what youv'e got, where there's some storage underneath.

Sponsored

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That looks awesome, man. Any chance you've documented the build process, or could share measurements, lessons learned, etc?

Also, how easily does that come in and out of the Jeep?

I'd like to build a platform, mainly so that I have some storage in the Jeep when I'm sleeping in it. Basically similar to what youv'e got, where there's some storage underneath.
I have measurements for my original platform, but for this one, I just jigsawed to fit. The measurements are rough, but worked for me. These measurements are with rear seats in. Not shown is a lip on the rear platform that the front section sits on.

As you can see, it's in two pieces, so it does come out. The platform right behind the front seats is a bit of a pain.

I have less storage under the rear platform, but way more behind the passenger seat. I'm also adding a shelf in the rear, so that will help. I may also try to hinge the section behind the passenger seat for easier access.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! 20210913_114119

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I have measurements for my original platform, but for this one, I just jigsawed to fit. The measurements are rough, but worked for me. These measurements are with rear seats in. Not shown is a lip on the rear platform that the front section sits on.

As you can see, it's in two pieces, so it does come out. The platform right behind the front seats is a bit of a pain.

I have less storage under the rear platform, but way more behind the passenger seat. I'm also adding a shelf in the rear, so that will help. I may also try to hinge the section behind the passenger seat for easier access.
Thanks this is really helpful. I'm now wondering if I could put hinges on the legs so that they fold up underneath. This would make it easier to store once I take it out of the Jeep AND allow me to fold the back seats part flat(ish) so I could have passengers out to the camp spot, and then lay them down for sleeping.

Tuckdawg

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willy's jlu
Thanks this is really helpful. I'm now wondering if I could put hinges on the legs so that they fold up underneath. This would make it easier to store once I take it out of the Jeep AND allow me to fold the back seats part flat(ish) so I could have passengers out to the camp spot, and then lay them down for sleeping.
Looks great! What type of surface is on top? Thanks!

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
This is my setup for solo camping/exploring/overlanding trips. JLU with rear seats removed.
Sleeping platform and cargo shelf...
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0576

...with portable shower (5gal with internal 12v pump).
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0577

...with refrigerator.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0578

...with mattress.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0579

...with gear storage bins.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0580

...with food storage bins.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0581

Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is my setup for solo camping/exploring/overlanding trips. JLU with rear seats removed.
Sleeping platform and cargo shelf...

...with portable shower (5gal with internal 12v pump).

...with refrigerator.

...with mattress.

...with gear storage bins.

...with food storage bins.
I love the simplicity of this. What did you use for the platform? Any pictures from the side or underneath?

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I love the simplicity of this. What did you use for the platform? Any pictures from the side or underneath?
I used 1/2" plywood to keep the weight down...here's a pic underneath from the side...where I store heavy items such as bottle jack, tools, recovery strap etc. On the passenger side (underneath the mattress) I store my shoes overnight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show your DIY sleeping platforms! IMG_0583.JPG

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I used 1/2" plywood to keep the weight down...here's a pic underneath from the side...where I store heavy items such as bottle jack, tools, recovery strap etc. On the passenger side (underneath the mattress) I store my shoes overnight.

IMG_0583.JPG
Awesome! I'm guessing that's some sort of anti-slip mat or shelf liner you put over it and just bolted some anchors on there for the fridge? How is it supported underneath? Particularly in the back, it almost looks like you bolted it to something but its hard to tell from the pictures.

Sorry for all the questions!! I really like how you did yours.

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Awesome! I'm guessing that's some sort of anti-slip mat or shelf liner you put over it and just bolted some anchors on there for the fridge? How is it supported underneath? Particularly in the back, it almost looks like you bolted it to something but its hard to tell from the pictures.

Sorry for all the questions!! I really like how you did yours.
No problem...I used thin interlocking rubber mats from Home Depot but simply painting would work as well. Home Depot anchors too for the fridge. The 1/2" plywood almost matches up perfectly with the cargo area mat and the front is support by 3/4" wood strips (nailed and glued).

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
No problem...I used thin interlocking rubber mats from Home Depot but simply painting would work as well. Home Depot anchors too for the fridge. The 1/2" plywood almost matches up perfectly with the cargo area mat and the front is support by 3/4" wood strips (nailed and glued).
Thanks for the details Ken! Maybe I can buy you a beer next time I'm on your end of the desert.
Sponsored