Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
  • Banned
I am designing a Jeep Camping Sleeping platform designed for an optimum balance between comfort and storage. Check it out if interested. I am open to any tips you might have.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
HamiltonGuy

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
  • Banned
I'm going to be finished with it soon, and will post the video next week. I have a 100+ variation of ideas for each part of the project, so I think it will be a work in progress. I am always open to suggestions for improvement. Feel free to share any.

Bad324

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
I have been tossing around ideas to make something like this for an overnight or two and this is perfect for me to come across right now to start building my own. Just subscribed to the channel too because I love DIY

Sponsored

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
very nice production work on the video! Great ideas and love the 3D design. Keep up the good work.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Took me about 2 hours to make. Works well. A few mods to make it fit right. Cheap and easy fix.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Camping Sleeping Platform 1598647659348
I'm going to approach this project soon - what tweaks/mods did you make? Any other tips having actually built it?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I'm going to approach this project soon - what tweaks/mods did you make? Any other tips having actually built it?
I made it an inch or two taller for more storage. The tweaks were most just an "adjustment" here and there to fit the tolerances of the space. Other than that followed the plans.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I made it an inch or two taller for more storage. The tweaks were most just an "adjustment" here and there to fit the tolerances of the space. Other than that followed the plans.
Yeah the height has been a consideration for me. I'm 6'1", so I was actually thinking about lowering it ~1-3 inches to try to give myself room to actually sit up "in bed", but I don't think it'll work that low.
Sponsored