Sponsored

Show off your DIY painted dash

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Is anyone making these aftermarket? Think there is a demand for someone to? I’m disabled and suck at painting so I was curious. Thanks
Go to Amazon, eBay or AliExpress and search for JL Wrangler Trim. There are a bunch of cheap stick-on overlays that are way easier than painting stuff.
Sponsored

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
Anybody done their panels in a wrap? At least the passenger side. Not much of an airbrush artist like urr2slo but I was thinking of designing something. Blank canvas indeed.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This looks great
I love the red panels. Black leather seats with red stitching with a red – I love it. Saw somebody with the mojito green do their dashing red way too much look like a Christmas tree he said it looks like Christmas tree he said. He said he wish he would have never done it

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Done with Mopar rattle cans and a gloss clear. Punk'n orange.

20200401_180823.jpg
That'll get the attention of a cop when you reach for your registration. LOL

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
All these dashes look great! Has anyone had any trouble in the summer (when the windows are up and cab gets real hot) with the paint getting tacky?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
All these dashes look great! Has anyone had any trouble in the summer (when the windows are up and cab gets real hot) with the paint getting tacky?
I've had the dash in my Sport painted since last year and have had no troubles with the paint. I'm sure the Desert Southwest is much hotter than PA.

Gregj

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping to obtain a spare set of dash panels (the red rubicon ones - my Bikini Rubicon came with the grey/silver) to experiment with paint without having to drive a vehicle that’s partially dismantled.

I’m torn between painting them Bikini to match the body color or to find a white or pearl white that I like to add some contrast to the interior. Ultimately I suppose I could do one, install it and then do the other with the removed panels.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I’m hoping to obtain a spare set of dash panels (the red rubicon ones - my Bikini Rubicon came with the grey/silver) to experiment with paint without having to drive a vehicle that’s partially dismantled.
I’m torn between painting them Bikini to match the body color or to find a white or pearl white that I like to add some contrast to the interior. Ultimately I suppose I could do one, install it and then do the other with the removed panels.
I just found this post and will definitely be painting our dash Bikini to match the body. This is really what Jeep should offer from the factory. I need to think about the finish being either hi-gloss or matte. Leaning toward gloss right now. I also want to wait until the ambient temps are up a bit more (especially at night) so I think this will be a small project for June. Will post photos unless someone else with Bikini beats me to it.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just bought a bunch of extra panels to play around here with some paint in a couple of weeks, not sure what i am going to stick with (painted speaker grilles). I will post up some pics, too bad i can't do airbrush work.
Sponsored