Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My electronic stability control error kicked on yesterday after obtaining 38k miles. Ill chk the fuses!
Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I just got my Jeep back today. It was the vacuum pump, and I guess some blown fuses caused by the pump. Both light are out. So far, so good.

I read a thread in which Jeepcares provided a link for finding a dealer. They said to make sure they had a customer first award.

I selected a dealer in my city that had this award. It was a little out of the way, but worth it so far. Once they got to my Jeep, it only took a couple of days, and they identified the vacuum pump right away. It's a really big dealer, so they probably saw this issue before.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my Jeep back today. It was the vacuum pump, and I guess some blown fuses caused by the pump. Both light are out. So far, so good.

I read a thread in which Jeepcares provided a link for finding a dealer. They said to make sure they had a customer first award.

I selected a dealer in my city that had this award. It was a little out of the way, but worth it so far. Once they got to my Jeep, it only took a couple of days, and they identified the vacuum pump right away. It's a really big dealer, so they probably saw this issue before.
Glad they got you taken care of.

For me... the pitman arm bolt worked its way loose...extremely loose...my ESC light came on but also my steering became super loose over time. I went by Tank Customs so they could check it out before I went to the dealership (bc I got my lift and tires from them) and they found that the bolt was so loose that it came off after 2 turns. They think it happened after I got my aluminum steering box replaced by the steel one at the dealership and they think the bolt was not torqued appropriately. Bc the bolt was so loose, the arm slide down on the splines and that's why my steering was all over the place and dangerous. I legit had to steer with 2 hands all the time, always overcorrecting.

They fixed it for me and I notified the dealership of what occurred. My ESC light also went off. Thank you @TTEChris and your crew for keeping me safe.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2

For me... the pitman arm bolt worked its way loose...extremely loose...my ESC light came on but also my steering became super loose over time. I went by Tank Customs so they could check it out before I went to the dealership (bc I got my lift and tires from them) and they found that the bolt was so loose that it came off after 2 turns. They think it happened after I got my aluminum steering box replaced by the steel one at the dealership and they think the bolt was not torqued appropriately. Bc the bolt was so loose, the arm slide down on the splines and that's why my steering was all over the place and dangerous. I legit had to steer with 2 hands all the time, always overcorrecting.

They fixed it for me and I notified the dealership of what occurred. My ESC light also went off. Thank you @TTEChris and your crew for keeping me safe.
Wow, good thing your custom shop was able to take care of the issue.

I haven't got my steering box replaced. I wanted to see how this dealership did with the ESC & ASS light issue first. My steering isn't that bad, so I don't know when I'll get the better steering box.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, good thing your custom shop was able to take care of the issue.

I haven't got my steering box replaced. I wanted to see how this dealership did with the ESC & ASS light issue first. My steering isn't that bad, so I don't know when I'll get the better steering box.
Youā€™ll get better steering with the steel box...guaranteed. Mine initially wasnā€™t too crazy, it was always a bit loose, but after getting the box, it was tight. I highly recommend getting it upgraded to the steel box.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

sonchik

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018

What you are describing is exactly what's happening with my Jeep right now... I first noticed that steering was becoming loose again (my steering box was replaced by dealer a year ago as my Jeep was one of those that had 3-4 inches of play due to bad box). All was good until about 2 months ago or so. Just the other day the service ESC light/warning came on. I searched the threads and found this one. I read your note and decided to check the bolt - sure enough it is loose! I can turn it back and forth with my hand. Going to dealer today to get it fixed! Thanks for sharing the experience. Hopefully this will fix it.

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
What you are describing is exactly what's happening with my Jeep right now... I first noticed that steering was becoming loose again (my steering box was replaced by dealer a year ago as my Jeep was one of those that had 3-4 inches of play due to bad box). All was good until about 2 months ago or so. Just the other day the service ESC light/warning came on. I searched the threads and found this one. I read your note and decided to check the bolt - sure enough it is loose! I can turn it back and forth with my hand. Going to dealer today to get it fixed! Thanks for sharing the experience. Hopefully this will fix it.
Iā€™ve got the exact same thing going on. Service light/warning first came on yesterday and has just come on again today. Did tightening the bolt solve the Service ESC issue? If so where can I locate this bolt on the steering box? Any idea if there are torque specs?

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
2018 JLU having the same issue. Service Electronic Stability Control ā€¦..and also a stop/start unavailable message came up

Brought to a Jeep guy, ran diagnostics , a vacuum pump error code was stored
Replaced the vacuum pump, drove home, all the lights were gone for the whole day

a day later, Iā€™m driving again and itā€™s comes on again.

anyone any idea what it could be now?
Iā€™ll check the fuses

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2018 JLU having the same issue. Service Electronic Stability Control ā€¦..and also a stop/start unavailable message came up

Brought to a Jeep guy, ran diagnostics , a vacuum pump error code was stored
Replaced the vacuum pump, drove home, all the lights were gone for the whole day

a day later, Iā€™m driving again and itā€™s comes on again.

anyone any idea what it could be now?
Iā€™ll check the fuses
Hi there. If you need support from our team at any upcoming appointments, feel free to reach out!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored