Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Hope I steered you straight! Yes it will be my first time on Holy Cross! I’m excited. Little nervous.
I'm installing the skids today, they are super well made/thought out. I've been really impressed with the Artec parts I'm running and the LCA skids fit that same mold.

Excited and a little nervous is how I usually roll as we hit the trails. I'm sure it's going to be great. Are you heading out in a group? Plan on running any other Colorado trails?

I will be out on a trip late Sept., early Oct.. We'll hit Moab, but I plan on spending some time exploring more of Colorado so I'd love any/all suggestions for trails.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Sponsored

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
I'm installing the skids today, they are super well made/thought out. I've been really impressed with the Artec parts I'm running and the LCA skids fit that same mold.

Excited and a little nervous is how I usually roll as we hit the trails. I'm sure it's going to be great. Are you heading out in a group? Plan on running any other Colorado trails?

I will be out on a trip late Sept., early Oct.. We'll hit Moab, but I plan on spending some time exploring more of Colorado so I'd love any/all suggestions for trails.

-Steven
Good to hear you have another Moab trip in the works! In CO if your in that Breckenridge/Keystone area there are a lot of trails to pick from. I would suggest Webster/Red Cone and return back out Webster. If your brave you can run Radical Hill after Red Cone and return down Middle Fork or Norrh Fork. Radical Hill is pretty narrow in one spot.
Of course if you haven’t done the San Juan’s then that’s top of my list. That includes: Black Bear, Imogene, Engineer, Poughkeepsie to name a few.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Good to hear you have another Moab trip in the works! In CO if your in that Breckenridge/Keystone area there are a lot of trails to pick from. I would suggest Webster/Red Cone and return back out Webster. If your brave you can run Radical Hill after Red Cone and return down Middle Fork or Norrh Fork. Radical Hill is pretty narrow in one spot.
Of course if you haven’t done the San Juan’s then that’s top of my list. That includes: Black Bear, Imogene, Engineer, Poughkeepsie to name a few.
Thanks for the reco's JJ, appreciate it! I've done Black Bear and Imogene out of Ouray, but to be honest, I'd love to do both of those in the JL. The San Juans are nothing short of incredible on many levels. Of course, early October is a crap shoot with weather at elevation right? We were there late August and we had all four seasons on Black Bear.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon B0DF4342-CDAA-42F1-89F9-B696EDC8049B.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_7188.JPG

And, Breckenridge is another personal favorite. I believe we ran Middle Fork/Swan River last year out of Breck. I need to check my onX maps on that. Fun trail with a lot of mining camps/sites. Have you run this trail? This was at the top where you have to turn around...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_4862 2

...and on the way up...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_4853.JPG

-Steven

Last edited:

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reco's JJ, appreciate it! I've done Black Bear and Imogene out of Ouray, but to be honest, I'd love to do both of those in the JL. The San Juans are nothing short of incredible on many levels. Of course, early October is a crap shoot with weather at elevation right?

And, Breckenridge is another personal favorite. I believe we ran North Fork last year out of Breck. I need to check my onX maps on that. Fun trail with a lot of mining camps/sites. Have you run this trail? This was at the top where you have to turn around...

...and on the way up...

-Steven
Yea. Early October can be perfect or just starting to get snow at elevation in the San Juan’s. We spent 3 days in the San Juan’s last fall and it was just about right to hit most of the popular trails.

I leave in 2 weeks and plan to do Red Cone, Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake, Mosquito Pass and Birds Eye Gulch all in that Breckenridge area. I’m from eastern Nebraska so about a 8-9 hour drive for me.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yea. Early October can be perfect or just starting to get snow at elevation in the San Juan’s. We spent 3 days in the San Juan’s last fall and it was just about right to hit most of the popular trails.

I leave in 2 weeks and plan to do Red Cone, Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake, Mosquito Pass and Birds Eye Gulch all in that Breckenridge area. I’m from eastern Nebraska so about a 8-9 hour drive for me.
You're so much closer than me to those great trails...a little jelly in that! Where are you Nebraska?

I was looking back at my notes and we ran Middle Fork/Swan River last Fall. We were wheeling solo so we wanted something not too difficult. Have you run this trail?

We also ran this trail which was mostly a fire road/mining road the day we left. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it. As you can see in the pic, you go past the old Iowa Mill.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_4894D-Lightroom

So, out of Breckenridge, what would be your top 3 favorites you've run? Or do I have to another couple of weeks to find out;)

-Steven

Last edited:

Sponsored

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're so much closing than me to those great trails...a little jelly in that! Where are you Nebraska?

I was looking back at my notes and we ran Middle Fork/Swan River. We were wheeling solo so we wanted something not too difficult. Have you run this trail?

So, out of Breckenridge, what would be your top 3 favorites you've run? Or do I have to another couple of weeks to find out;)

-Steven
I’m in Columbus which is due west of Omaha a little over an hour. Yea. Give me a couple weeks. I’m trying lots of new trails. 😉

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
Hope I steered you straight! Yes it will be my first time on Holy Cross! I’m excited. Little nervous.
To be honest, minus Cleveland Rock Chinaman's is getting just as tough.

You will enjoy it.

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

-Steven
I love everything Artec. I am running thier HD Sliders. Waiting on Artec to release the 4xe skids.

Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Cone would be an excellent choice. I am with you on Radical.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The Artec Rear LCA Skids are installed on Rubi.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6534

Impressed with the beefiness and build quality of these and love the design of using to both the LCA and shock mount bolts that tie it all togather. These should work well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6568

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6570

I also like that the color/finish is pretty close to the AEV diff covers I'm running...I just got lucky there;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6618

If you're going to play in the rocks with your JL, do yourself a favor and install these before you drag you rear LCA's through the boulders. Here is a pic of my left rear LCA/shock mount which the new skids fit perfectly on. I simply slid the skid on and bolted it up...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6619

...and here's the right rear shock mount which I had previously hit on the trail. I had to 'massage' it a bit with my 2 pound hammer to get the new LCA skid to fit over it. It's easy to see the distortion on the lower shock mount when compared to the left side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_6569

Lesson learned. Happy wheeling✌🏻

-Steven

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Artec Rear LCA Skids are installed on Rubi.

Impressed with the beefiness and build quality of these and love the design of using to both the LCA and shock mount bolts that tie it all togather. These should work well.

I also like that the color/finish is pretty close to the AEV diff covers I'm running...I just got lucky there;)

If you're going to play in the rocks with your JL, do yourself a favor and install these before you drag you rear LCA's through the boulders. Here is a pic of my left rear LCA/shock mount which the new skids fit perfectly on. I simply slid the skid on and bolted it up...

...and here's the right rear shock mount which I had previously hit on the trail. I had to 'massage' it a bit with my 2 pound hammer to get the new LCA skid to fit over it. It's easy to see the distortion on the lower shock mount when compared to the left side.

Lesson learned. Happy wheeling✌🏻

-Steven
They look great!!

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven