First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Only doing wheels, tires(285/70/17) 32.7x11.2. to bring it flush with fenders, maybe slight poke, not a fan of 12.5s or bigger sticking out into the next area code.
Rubi rails and ace sliders, I want pinch seam to be completely hidden, and that's the only option I have found, not a fan of drop step sides, need side steps for wife and kids...still shopping around and waiting until I see the ones that do it for me.
gas cap door, door sill protectors, headlight and grill bezels in silver or black(have a PUNK'n) kind of like the look of silver over black.

I wont be taking this JL anywhere I took my TJ or Cherokee, so lifting it isn't even a thought...I also feel its about as high as either of my old jeeps that were lifted, I can fit 33s without a lift and just get quick discos.
I also leased this while I watch what jeep is doing, if they all have a 48v battery and BSG in the future, I will buy this JL out if it doesn't acquire HEEP syndrome.

calenjeep.jpg
Sponsored

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s a few shots from my trip up to Ellis Peak (Lake Tahoe, CA). Wanted to see what it could do without any changes done (36 psi and sway bars left connected). Did surprisingly well for a stock Sahara.

353E4016-A5DE-406D-B070-C13845D17E75.jpeg

FA44B0E8-D5E7-4720-A187-EAF080AA15D4.jpeg

E6CFCD32-7B3F-4387-9D2F-C470161E7024.jpeg

9EC340AC-3444-4B71-BCFF-1E425734A788.jpeg
Do you have the limited slip diff? I don't and I'm curious to hear from someone how well the BLD (Brake Lock Diff) does off road.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the limited slip diff? I don't and I'm curious to hear from someone how well the BLD (Brake Lock Diff) does off road.
Yes, I have the limited slip rear diff with the AT tires. The front did pretty well when the BLD activated as well. However, it does take a little wheel spin to get it going.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
(satire)

;)OP, I'd like to participate but (eyes to ground tail between legs) feel myself not worthy. I "modded" my Wrangler the other day with an air freshener. Does this push me over the edge of what you're defining as "modded" for this post?

And while we're on the subject, a philosophical question: as our system of laws goes to intentions, is the part ordered for the Wrangler, that otherwise would "mod" it, still count if it's on perpetual back order and has yet to be received/installed?;)
Well... To be honest I DO have a rear Husky Liner installed :surprised: and a winch sitting in my garage waiting on time to install. I am "mainly" talking about suspension and tires that fit under stock suspension.

-Eli

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Well... To be honest I DO have a rear Husky Liner installed :surprised: and a winch sitting in my garage waiting on time to install. I am "mainly" talking about suspension and tires that fit under stock suspension.

-Eli
Thanks OP...kinda figured that your demarcation point was "lifting";) Just makin' jokes.

Sponsored

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
I've said it time and time again. A stock Rubi will do more than most of the buyers have brains, skill or testosterone... Well, maybe not the later. But you can't fix stupid. Most of the younglings that buy a new Jeep do it for the image and mod it for what they wish was in their pants. At my age, 68, I've done stuff that would make them wet their pants in stock Jeeps and FJ40s.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I've said it time and time again. A stock Rubi will do more than most of the buyers have brains, skill or testosterone... Well, maybe not the later. But you can't fix stupid. Most of the younglings that buy a new Jeep do it for the image and mod it for what they wish was in their pants. At my age, 68, I've done stuff that would make them wet their pants in stock Jeeps and FJ40s.
Not quite 68 yet, but old enough to have done things that made me palm sweat the steering wheel to death. My mostly stock Rubi can already out-do all of that stuff!

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
Im def sticking to stock this go around...lifts n bigger tires make components wear out way faster,n thats a fact jack. If your gonna lift n bigger tires ya gotta pay to play. Besides stock will take me everywhere i wanna go 99% of the time. Im in this for reaching quiet remote campsites/trailheads/hiking,and a cold beer(or 2 or 3)at the end of a great hike around a quiet fire.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I keep forgetting to take pictures, mine's in the background here after I got it stuck and had to drive my land rover down to yank it out. My only planned modification is a winch, but I may go 35s when the ko2s wear out. They're not great in mud, sway bar disconnect and lockers didn't do much to help, but my lr on mud terrains with open diffs and maybe half the suspension travel had no problem.

I'll try to remember to take more pics when I take it out again, probably should just throw the gopro on it.

20180715_101046.jpg

Rubiron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited / Audi RS5
Occupation
Retired
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] hereā€™s a pic of mine with stock 33 inch tires and A warn 10s winch. I have not had a chance to take it off road yet but I will. Like you Iā€™m probably going to leave it stock. I have owned a CJ with a lift, a brand new TJ, A JK Rubicon and a JK willies. I have not had a chance to take it off road yet but I will. Like you Iā€™m probably going to leave it stock. This one is by far the best. You have a beautiful Jeep also !

7E910D3A-6C3A-437F-A754-9BAA47376931.jpeg

27A83981-0E9B-41C7-A472-2274CBF3C656.jpeg
Hello Bearman,

I have a 2019 JL Rubi on the way was told by dealer Iā€™d receive on 3/22.....but for some strange reason now itā€™s been pushed into April.....my question to you is, for my type of wheeling I probably wonā€™t lift it, but I do already have a 10s winch and warn mounting plate. My Jeep has the steel bumper group as well. Did you get much front end sag from the extra weight of the winch and plate ?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm trying to keep from modifying too much this time round myself. I just want to go hiking, biking, and camping more. Will see how long I can hold out. :fingerscrossed:

Well I caved. New wheels and tires ordered. 315/70R17

Just couldn't resist. :facepalm:

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hello Bearman,

I have a 2019 JL Rubi on the way was told by dealer Iā€™d receive on 3/22.....but for some strange reason now itā€™s been pushed into April.....my question to you is, for my type of wheeling I probably wonā€™t lift it, but I do already have a 10s winch and warn mounting plate. My Jeep has the steel bumper group as well. Did you get much front end sag from the extra weight of the winch and plate ?
Hey there, yes I did lose around 1/2 to three-quarter of an inch in the front . I have since had the dealership put a 2 inch Mopar lift on it and that pretty much leveled it all out. I was prepared to put spacers on top of the springs but I did not think I needed them and neither did the dealership.

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Oh yeah? Have you ever done THIS?
crash35.jpg

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I have caved once again since starting this thread. Still LOVE me a stock Jeep though!

-Eli
Sponsored