Sponsored

How well do stock Rubi rock rails perform

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I kept my stock Rubi rails and added the Ace sliders “below” them. Now I have great protection, step for wife and kids and it protrudes for more protection in tight places.

Used them extensively in Moab a few times, they perform extremely well. No body damage and no worries!

E110A1E9-CB5D-49ED-B3CB-006F8CA91DB9.jpeg
I want these, but am not too keen on removing the body mount bolts. Did you have any issues?
Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I live about an hour from Rubicon trail. I had stock rock rails on my JK Rubicon for about 10 years and did Rubicon trail a few times a year. I never had any problems. I just drive carefuly and usually do not drive very difficult trails like Fordyce Creek. I am looking at rock rails on my new JL Rubicon and I do not think that they provide less protection than stock rails on JK. I don't plan to replace them.
I had MoPar Rubicon rock rails on both my 2007 and 2012 JKUS and they work fine! Tough and strong, I do avoid back rocks on trail rides IF possible though same as deep mud! Seem always possible to skirt around if possible, sometimes not! lol Either smart or a sissy...maybe a bit f both? Only been Jeepin' since 1965 though!!

Rubi drivers might say "it's only a Sahara"...my reply, follow me sometime!!! lol again!

Stock are fine unless maybe you're a punisher!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I want these, but am not too keen on removing the body mount bolts. Did you have any issues?
I did not. I had to use a long-breaker bar (especially on the front ones) to get them moving, but no issues. I did this before I heard any people having problems with bolts breaking so I had no fear pushing through when it was giving more resistance.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
We threw ACE sliders on ours. We heated the body mounted bolts with a blow torch based on peoples recommendations. Came off fine. No issues with the body bolts.

GandalftheGreyL

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
1. They cover ugly pinch seam
2. They offer protection and are actually quite stout and heavy
3. They make a great accent piece on Sting-Gray ;)
Took them off to paint them.

8BFB686F-C18F-4279-A5C9-AB96FF7B8D30.jpeg
and those are just the stock rubi rails,right?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
TrailRecon swears by the stock rubi ones, he usually always sticks with the stock ones and hasn't had any problems. I got the LOD's and I love them, gave them a test on some good sized obstacles and they are well worth the money, but you will want to add the extra bolts if you do get them.

IMG_4968.jpg

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

honestly your going to get a lot of opinions here. Look up TrailRecon on yourtube. Brad ran his stock rubi sliders on his JK for a few years. He does some good hard trails and even did the rubicon trail with them. i find that if you go slow and steady and are not bashing the skinny pedal they should last you long enough to save a few hundred bucks to get a good set after you lift wheels and tires. etc. I been running the Rubi stake offs for almost a year now and have come down on them a couple times already without any issues. Good luck! dont stress to much and keep the rubber on the ground

snowtx1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I replaced the running boards on my JLUS with Rubicon rock rail take offs and I think they look much better than the boards. I don't feel like I'm driving a mall crawler, even though I spend a lot of time commuting. I did take them on some easy trails and they worked great.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I kept my stock Rubi rails and added the Ace sliders “below” them. Now I have great protection, step for wife and kids and it protrudes for more protection in tight places.

Used them extensively in Moab a few times, they perform extremely well. No body damage and no worries!

E110A1E9-CB5D-49ED-B3CB-006F8CA91DB9.jpeg
wouldn't they be scratched up if you used them extensively...you can't be sure they work unless they actually hit something.