Sponsored

Rock the Stock thread

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Mostly visual mods only here. I have put a winch on it just in case I ever need it in snow and I put lights on it. Other than that, there will be no other mods.

I would be miserable if I screwed up the ride on it. I understand why hardcore rock climbers do it. I even like how some of the jeeps look with the big, wide tires. I like how they look when they are raised a little, but overall, it worries me too much that I will create more problems over what visual appeal it might bring me.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hey Everyone,

Everyone has those thoughts that go through their head on day two of getting your new Jeep. How much to lift it? What tires to stuff under it? Etc. Many of us on here have been down that road before and had some pretty amazing builds. One in particular "may" have even been featured on the cover of Crawl magazine. "cough" Dookies Revenge "cough" ;) Every time I drive my JL it makes me realize how good it is stock and also how it will do pretty much anything I want to do with it without modification. I thought I would start a thread for those of trying to fight off the Jeep modding bug with our JLs. I would like to see some pictures of you guys wheeling your JLs on STOCK suspension and reasonably stock tires. This should be a really fun thread.

Here is the only one I have so far and its not really wheeling but it did take some wheeling to get there:

JL Delivery (1).jpg
You have no idea how bad I want to accessorize your JEEP.

Like a blank canvas!

...stock Jeeps trigger me.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread. Some great stories here.Other than a Sunrider and some small accessories, the biggest mod "might" be a rear bumper (the plastic one does not impress me). I got the Rubicon because it's capabilities should (in most cases) exceed my stupidity. Ok... who'm I kidding... I could easily out-stupid the Rubicon. We mostly explore on our own and the Rubicon has the best chance of getting me out of whatever I got into. Our garage is too short for lifts or bigger tires (besides, I like the stock wheels & tires just fine!). Often times folks driving highly modified jeeps acknowledge me, often times they don't even turn their head even if I'm parked right next to them. Whatever. But I LOVE this jeep, love what it does with it's stock'ness, and plan to enjoy the "stock" jeep as long as the lifetime warranty lasts (though it technically expires in 86 years... go figure).

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_1322c.jpg

IMG_1323c.jpg

IMG_1320c.png

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I love my Jeep in stock form, but I failed to stave off the bug. J.E.E.P.

There will always be options. So enjoy whichever you choose, including doing nothing to it at all. :beer:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Jeep in stock form, but I failed to stave off the bug. J.E.E.P.

There will always be options. So enjoy whichever you choose, including doing nothing to it at all. :beer:
In the immortal words of Rush: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm... question. If you swap out your plastic bumper for a take-off Mopar steel bumper, does that count as a mod? :giggle:

IMG_1102 1.JPG

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hmmm... question. If you swap out your plastic bumper for a take-off Mopar steel bumper, does that count as a mod? :giggle:

IMG_1102 1.JPG
Uh oh...

...quick, cut up your credit cards and hand your wallet to your wife before it's to late!!

Trust me!!

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
If I added Moab wheels and Rubi 33” KO2’s to my Sahara, do I still count as stock?
Sponsored