First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited / Audi RS5
Occupation
Retired
Hey there, yes I did lose around 1/2 to three-quarter of an inch in the front . I have since had the dealership put a 2 inch Mopar lift on it and that pretty much leveled it all out. I was prepared to put spacers on top of the springs but I did not think I needed them and neither did the dealership.
Great, thank you for the response. Iā€™m really on the fence with a lift because I donā€™t think I will need it. But I donā€™t like loosing any of the Factory height either. So I may go the way of a small spacer to get back lost height. Thanks for taking the time to help a somewhat newbie....
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum, but I really like the stock Wranglers - all the trim levels.

I have a Sport S and ordered the MOPAR Performance Rock Rails, sill guards, and fuel cover from the factory, and added the Sunrider for hard top, so it's not quite stock but almost.

The reasons I want to keep it that way: I don't have to worry about problems with my warranty (I purchased the lifetime one); I get the performance (braking, acceleration) it was designed for; and even though everyone here says you shouldn't even think about the gas mileage if you buy a Jeep, I really like the MPG I'm getting (26 on the highway on a recent trip, hand-calculated).

Don't make fun of my stock Jeep and I won't make fun of your mods!

Sponsored

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Iā€™m in the stock club and may at most go to 35s. Iā€™ve modded jeeps in my younger years only to spend the following weekend wrenching away to fix what Iā€™ve broke. A stock JLUR will conquer anything Iā€™ll throw at it and keep smiling.

Iā€™ve learned that Jeeps are more fun for me to drive and enjoy vs wrench and spend!

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Iā€™m in the stock club and may at most go to 35s. Iā€™ve modded jeeps in my younger years only to spend the following weekend wrenching away to fix what Iā€™ve broke. A stock JLUR will conquer anything Iā€™ll throw at it and keep smiling.

Iā€™ve learned that Jeeps are more fun for me to drive and enjoy vs wrench and spend!
Agreed! Wrenching on them when you want to for fun is a lot different then wrenching on them cause you have to.

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
Other than side steps I am happily stock. Although it is taking everything in me to resist a 2ā€ lift with tires and wheels.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I am somewhat in the same boat. Mine is a sport and the wheeling have done so far it is surprisingly capable. I have done some suspension upgrades and will put on slightly bigger and more aggressive tires but nothing crazy. I really like what it is came from the factory and all the upgrades I have done or plan on doing I want to keep it "stock looking", if that make sense. I'm never a "in your face" kinda guy.

IMG_20190317_140014.jpg

IMG_20190223_172841.jpg

IMG_20190216_192143.jpg

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum, but I really like the stock Wranglers - all the trim levels.

I have a Sport S and ordered the MOPAR Performance Rock Rails, sill guards, and fuel cover from the factory, and added the Sunrider for hard top, so it's not quite stock but almost.

The reasons I want to keep it that way: I don't have to worry about problems with my warranty (I purchased the lifetime one); I get the performance (braking, acceleration) it was designed for; and even though everyone here says you shouldn't even think about the gas mileage if you buy a Jeep, I really like the MPG I'm getting (26 on the highway on a recent trip, hand-calculated).

Don't make fun of my stock Jeep and I won't make fun of your mods!
Do you have the 3.6 V6 or 2.0 Turbo engine?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue

J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket

... is not always a lot of fun, huh?

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Slow morning at work today so I exercised the suspension a little bit on our property here.

JL Flex (1).jpg
JL Flex (4).jpg
JL Flex (6).jpg

Not exciting at all but hey, it was something to do. ;)

-Eli
I want to work somewhere i can flex at work when Iā€™m not busy!!

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Do you have the 3.6 V6 or 2.0 Turbo engine?
I have the 3.6, but I probably was at 70 mph or less most of the time because I was usually on smaller roads rather than Interstates.

I was surprised at the mileage. Over about 6 fill-ups it varied from about 24-26 mpg for the highway driving. For the fill-ups with some off-road driving the mileage of course was significantly lower.

Stock has some advantages!
Sponsored