Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
So, for those of you who like skipping to the last page of a thread, here's the tl;dr version...

Everyone who had an engine cover didn't want it.
Everyone who didn't get an engine cover wants one.
Everyone so far has been too damn lazy to post a clear before/after pic either way. :)
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Remember when engines actually looked good? Think 426 Hemi or an old fuellie ‘Vette. You raised the hood just to show off your engine. Today with all the emissions plumbing and associated crap engines are just ugly- the cover is to keep you from getting sick from looking at all that Ugly😊

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Exactly. And how am I supposed to enjoy removing my engine cover if I never got one? Jeep stole that momentous decision from me - a precious moment that I'll never get to experience ;)

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hi, i just received my 2023 JL Sahara and didn´t come with the engine cover, i don´t know but it seems that i´m the only one who like it. Is there anybody willing to sell me one?
it´s for the 3.6
Thanks!
Message sent.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I don't like the concept of engine covers. I removed the cover from my other car but it was pretty big. The worst part of removing an engine cover is finding a way to store it until you eventually sell the car. So the Jeep still has its small cover in place.

Sponsored

2DR OVRLND

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLR 2.0T / 2016 Polaris Ranger 900XP
Build Thread
Link
For those who are curious to see what the 2.0L looks like without an engine cover, here it is. The only difference I noticed was that you can hear a little more clicking with the hood up but with the hood down there's virtually no difference. After having it off for a day I decided to keep it on because the 2.0l isn't anything special to look at.
Jeep Wrangler JL Removed the engine cover. e

Jeep Wrangler JL Removed the engine cover. e3

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, for those of you who like skipping to the last page of a thread, here's the tl;dr version...

Everyone so far has been too damn lazy to post a clear before/after pic either way. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Removed the engine cover. IMG_1124

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I think they are kind of a curse. They don't serve much function, you don't want to throw them away because you think you will need them for resale but they are hard to store, so you just have to leave them on the engine.

My other car has a very big engine cover and the engine looks reasonable without the cover but the big cover is hard to store.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think the best looking engine bay Mopar ever made was the 6.1L SRT8 charger/300/magnum. They are beeeeautiful.

The problem with the 3.6 is they designed it for FWD engine bays and never made any attempt whatsoever to make a longitudinal mount version. Cost cutting yay! It's 100% understandable.. but the sideways intake manifold drives me nuts lol.

But I think I agree with the idea that engine covers look dumb and shouldn't even be a thing.

OREDAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Does anyone who removed their engine cover still have this specific bracket and any applicable mounting bolts they'd be willing to part with? I have a 2023 with no bracket and would like to use the bracket to mount an ARB single air compressor. Happy to pay any shipping charges. Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL Removed the engine cover. 1709330573822
Sponsored