Sponsored

Remove Hood Decals? Am I crazy?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I can't tell you how many times I've been blinded by reflections off the hood of my JK (it has no decals on the hood). Really, I can't tell you. ;)

Take if off it it makes your wife (and therfore you) happy. No big deal. Use a hair dryer and slowly peel it off.

Do it! Be a wild and crazy guy!
Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I honestly love the blue accents and the hood decal. Why not show off the “greenness” of your new Wrangler? I think having a hybrid is badass. But everyone has their own style!

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Heat gun-we removed the decals on our rubicons.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
This is someone I work with. Before the blue it was all chrome. I don't even want to imagine the blinding.
Jeep Wrangler JL Remove Hood Decals? Am I crazy? 1612926862982

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
This is someone I work with. Before the blue it was all chrome. I don't even want to imagine the blinding.
Jeep Wrangler JL Remove Hood Decals? Am I crazy? 1612926862982
Yeah op-do this for ur wife-get a sick ugly wrap-then take it off the morning after she freaks out

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
It's actually because I'm colorblind, so it's extremely difficult for me to determine if things would match or just look absolutely ridiculous... need to stick to a VERY narrow set of colors. Going Sting Gray paint, and black for just about everything else on the exterior besides perhaps a little extra gray flair on a factor 55 flatlink.
I’m with you, @AMC_CJ. I’m considering a Rubicon 4xe, and removal of all blue decals, and swapping of blue badges & tow hooks would be an early priority for me.

I’m not colorblind, but this shade of blue just seems out of place to me - regardless of which exterior color it’s paired with. It strikes me as odd to see a rugged looking Rubicon, with these soft ‘baby blue’ accents. FCA did a tasteful job keeping them subtle, but it’s just not for me.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
My Rubicon 4XE has completed build and will be shipped "soon". Getting pretty excited about delivery; but now I've run into a huge issue. My wife *hates* the hood decal to the point that she now wants to cancel the order. I'm pretty sure the decal can be removed, but I'm a little worried about doing it. Anyone have experience removing the decal on other jeeps themselves or having their dealer do it?
Eraser wheel works wonders, then finish off with adhesive remover spray

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@greensprit

In all seriousness...

IF you think the decal(s) will be an issue with you and your Wife, the best thing to do is remove them as soon you get the JL.

IF you do not feel comfortable removing them yourself, have a detail or decal shop, etc. that does decals remove them for you... Reality is they come off very easily.

You want to get them off when they come off the easiest (when new) and before your JL's paint job fades... and it will...

When you remove decals on a faded vehicle, you get "ghosting"..... another words you pull the decals off of a faded vehicle and you will end up still seeing the words/letters/decal area on the vehicle.

So, get them off.... IF you ever want the stock decals back.... you Love Birds 👩‍❤️‍👨 change your mind, you can always buy the decals from Mopar and have them reapplied to your vehicle.... Doing this is reapplication process is doable and far better then the ghosting thing.
This right here. We have removed all ours on my wife’s GC trail hawk. super easy with a blow dryer or heat gun on low.

Personally IMO your wife is dead on. They are ugly. They fade and look even worse after a couple years and yes your paint will fade if you wait that long until it is faded and uglier to remove it. For those that say the glare is bad, it just is not the case.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
It's actually because I'm colorblind, so it's extremely difficult for me to determine if things would match or just look absolutely ridiculous... need to stick to a VERY narrow set of colors. Going Sting Gray paint, and black for just about everything else on the exterior besides perhaps a little extra gray flair on a factor 55 flatlink.
My best friend is color blind, say no more haha. That Blue will look very good against the StingGrey though I feel. But that my opinion and you do what you will to make it yours!
Sponsored