Sponsored

Remove AEV procal before bringing to dealer?

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I have the 8.4 system. It definitely has some glitches. They are intermittent. Once in a while, only one speaker plays. A couple of times the radio/Sirius froze. The backup camera froze a couple of times. The other day, it made 2 random phone calls while driving.
Want to bring it to the dealer.
Should I first remove the AEV procal I put in to correct the speedo after going to 37’s?
Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4 system. It definitely has some glitches. They are intermittent. Once in a while, only one speaker plays. A couple of times the radio/Sirius froze. The backup camera froze a couple of times. The other day, it made 2 random phone calls while driving.
Want to bring it to the dealer.
Should I first remove the AEV procal I put in to correct the speedo after going to 37’s?

To get to the point, yes, you would flash back to stock settings and remove the programmer. You wouldn't want to mention it or blatantly show them that you have a programmer.

This may be a better question than you realize though... Because here you are with 37" tires that have caused the speedometer to be off which also means the miles may be off. Could be that the odometer could now be considered incorrect on the vehicle, right? I mean, if you didn't have a programmer it would be off.. and would of been since you installed the tires. As far as the dealer is concerned, your speedometer has not been calibrated for the bigger tires and so it could be off. Are they going to care or will it be an issue at all... doubt it... but you "could" of just bought those tires (used) and had them put on...

If you never want that to be an issue, you might want to have the dealer calibrate the speedometer. That way both of you have record of it being done and you no longer need to worry about that part of it. I don't remember what it costs but somewhere around $120 comes to mind.

Once you leave the dealer, you can reinstall the programmer and change all the settings back to what you need.

Many people really would not care about this and may not think twice about it but it is there and I figured I'd bring it up...

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
To get to the point, yes, you would flash back to stock settings and remove the programmer. You wouldn't want to mention it or blatantly show them that you have a programmer.

This may be a better question than you realize though... Because here you are with 37" tires that have caused the speedometer to be off which also means the miles may be off. Could be that the odometer could now be considered incorrect on the vehicle, right? I mean, if you didn't have a programmer it would be off.. and would of been since you installed the tires. As far as the dealer is concerned, your speedometer has not been calibrated for the bigger tires and so it could be off. Are they going to care or will it be an issue at all... doubt it... but you "could" of just bought those tires (used) and had them put on...

If you never want that to be an issue, you might want to have the dealer calibrate the speedometer. That way both of you have record of it being done and you no longer need to worry about that part of it. I don't remember what it costs but somewhere around $120 comes to mind.

Once you leave the dealer, you can reinstall the programmer and change all the settings back to what you need.

Many people really would not care about this and may not think twice about it but it is there and I figured I'd bring it up...
Exactly what I was thinking. Your dealer isn't stupid. I, personally, go with transparency. But, if you feel your dealer is an ass, then pull it and have them "officially" flash your computer to accept the 37" tires and monitor correctly.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Remove and/or unpair any programmer before dealership service. Not only to prevent any issues with warranty service, but also because the dealership does ECM updates almost every time you bring your vehicle in. You don’t want that done while you have a programmer installed.

OP
OP

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Thanks.
I was thinking the same thing but figured I’d ask. The AEV is a pain in the ass. Nothing hard but just don’t feel like doing it. The programmer doesn’t stay in, but I did have to run the wiring through the center console and plug in to the board on the passenger side. Like I said, it’s not difficult but just annoying.
Thanks!
Sponsored