Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We are currently using the AEV Procal Snap but we were given a NIB Tazer Lite and want to try it out for the TPMS feature. Can I just leave the Procal Harness PN 30301046 installed in case I decide to go back to the AEV if I don't like the Tazer Lite? Do you see anything wrong with this plan?

1. Plug in Procal Snap, Restore Factory Settings
2. Unplug Procal Snap from OBDII connector leaving harness connected between OBDII and Green Star Connector.
3. Update firmware on Tazer JL Lite.
4. Unplug SGW module above the OBDII connecor and plug the Tazer JL Lite in it's place.
4. If there are any issues, I unmarry the SGW and reinstall the AEV Procal Snap.
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
We are currently using the AEV Procal Snap but we were given a NIB Tazer Lite and want to try it out for the TPMS feature. Can I just leave the Procal Harness PN 30301046 installed in case I decide to go back to the AEV if I don't like the Tazer Lite? Do you see anything wrong with this plan?

1. Plug in Procal Snap, Restore Factory Settings
2. Unplug Procal Snap from OBDII connector leaving harness connected between OBDII and Green Star Connector.
3. Update firmware on Tazer JL Lite.
4. Unplug SGW module above the OBDII connecor and plug the Tazer JL Lite in it's place.
4. If there are any issues, I unmarry the SGW and reinstall the AEV Procal Snap.
Wondering if you ever got this sorted out.
I had a shop install an AEV lift and they did it too well. They installed the Procal and calibrated the speedo, like they should have. I’m looking to swap to a Tazer (for the added functionality) but I’m wondering if I can leave the Procal harness in place.
Any help is appreciated.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Wondering if you ever got this sorted out.
I had a shop install an AEV lift and they did it too well. They installed the Procal and calibrated the speedo, like they should have. I’m looking to swap to a Tazer (for the added functionality) but I’m wondering if I can leave the Procal harness in place.
Any help is appreciated.
@rohdawg

The plan that was posted by Brian0128 is aok to follow.

Do keep the Snap so when you go to sell the JL someday, you can unmarry your Tazer JL and plug the Snap in an redo settings with it.

You are far far better off leaving the Procal Snap harness in place then you or someone else attempting to unpin it... That harness will do no harm just sitting there.

You will like the Tazer JL. DO buy the SGW Extension Cable tha ZAutomotive sells along with the Tazer JL.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

@rohdawg

The plan that was posted by Brian0128 is aok to follow.

Do keep the Snap so when you go to sell the JL someday, you can unmarry your Tazer JL and plug the Snap in an redo settings with it.

You are far far better off leaving the Procal Snap harness in place then you or someone else attempting to unpin it... That harness will do no harm just sitting there.

You will like the Tazer JL. DO buy the SGW Extension Cable tha ZAutomotive sells along with the Tazer JL.

Can’t tell you how much I appreciate the reply from you, Sir. I know you are well versed in all things Tazer.
I’ll move forward with my plan to leave the harness in place and proceed from there. Thanks very much.
Sponsored