Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks buddy! Was just wanting to provide as much info to op, but couldn't remember who's bracket you had to give a minor trim. Figured it'd be best to hear straight from the man himself.

By the way, that's a mighty sexy flexing beast you've got there! 💪 :clap:
Thanks brother, you have to put long arms on your short list. It is definitely “the shit!!” to quote my west coast brother…….😂 ……… not sure why MC hasn’t come out with a kit yet…🤷‍♂️.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks brother, you have to put long arms on your short list. It is definitely “the shit!!” to quote my west coast brother…….😂 ……… not sure why MC hasn’t come out with a kit yet…🤷‍♂️.
I'm going to make an earnest attempt to wait, and do the long arms with a set of 60's. Actually, that's the easy part. Not doing them next month is where the difficulty lies. 😆

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
I'm going to make an earnest attempt to wait, and do the long arms with a set of 60's. Actually, that's the easy part. Not doing them next month is where the difficulty lies. 😆
I know this is old thread, but I saw you had the Synergy rear relocation bracket. Did you have trouble with the rear left spring during install? I tried installing the bracket today and it kept hitting the bottom of the spring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is old thread, but I saw you had the Synergy rear relocation bracket. Did you have trouble with the rear left spring during install? I tried installing the bracket today and it kept hitting the bottom of the spring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah, I have both the synergy rear track bar relocation bracket and the frame side reinforcement. I did notice a twang sound shortly after, which ended up being the bottom coil of the rear left spring rubbing the relocation bracket.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Trackbar Relocation Bracket 20220616_135517

Upon closer inspection, I found the rear pinion angle to be 3° down in relation to the driveshaft. I softened it to 2°, and the rubbing lightened up.

My original plan was to remove the bracket and trim some fat to clear the spring, but it kept getting back burnered for lack of free time. By the time I'd get some free time, I always got distracted by another pile of parts to install.

Late last summer, I swapped out the 3.5" springs for a set of 4.5's, and noticed that specific springs upper isolator was strangely worn due to the spring having had shifted rearward. I replaced both rear isolators and the new spring comfortably clears that bracket.

I suggest that you check your rear pinion angle and rear upper spring isolators. Is your Jeep lifted? If so, how high?

The downside to lifting with factory axles is having to make compromises when it comes to geometry. In the front, we tend to prioritize caster at the expense of too much downward pinion angle. In the rear, we are bound to a 2° pinion angle to avoid vibrations, but it tends to leave us with rear springs that are slightly bowed rearward.

Last edited:

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
Yeah, I have both the synergy rear track bar relocation bracket and the frame side reinforcement. I did notice a twang sound shortly after, which ended up being the bottom coil of the rear passenger spring rubbing the relocation bracket.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Trackbar Relocation Bracket 20220616_135517

Upon closer inspection, I found the rear pinion angle to be 3° down in relation to the driveshaft. I softened it to 2°, and the rubbing lightened up.

My original plan was to remove the bracket and trim some fat to clear the spring, but it kept getting back burnered for lack of free time. By the time I'd get some free time, I always got distracted by another pile of parts to install.

Late last summer, I swapped out the 3.5" springs for a set of 4.5's, and noticed that specific springs upper isolator was strangely worn due to the spring having had shifted rearward. I replaced both rear isolators and the new spring comfortably clears that bracket.

I suggest that you check your rear pinion angle and rear upper spring isolators. Is your Jeep lifted? If so, how high?

The downside to lifting with factory axles is having to make compromises when it comes to geometry. In the front, we tend to prioritize caster at the expense of too much downward pinion angle. In the rear, we are bound to a 2° pinion angle to avoid vibrations, but it tends to leave us with rear springs that are slightly bowed rearward.
Thanks for the reply, and I admit most of what you said is going to result in a lot of Googling later as I’m a newbie and this is my first Jeep. I have a JLUR and recently got the MOPAR lift. The lift ended up around three inches higher and I w noticed the back end of the Jeep is more twitchy. I was trying to correct the geometry but the bracket isn’t much help if I can’t get it past the spring.

Sponsored

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
Thanks for the reply, and I admit most of what you said is going to result in a lot of Googling later as I’m a newbie and this is my first Jeep. I have a JLUR and recently got the MOPAR lift. The lift ended up around three inches higher and I w noticed the back end of the Jeep is more twitchy. I was trying to correct the geometry but the bracket isn’t much help if I can’t get it past the spring.
Also my issue is driver side. Again, thank you for any help.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sell it, get a RK or Teraflex relo bracket…. The synergy frame side bracket is great, their axle side bracket sucks…..

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sell it, get a RK or Teraflex relo bracket…. The synergy frame side bracket is great, their axle side bracket sucks…..
@SWVA JLUR or sell and get an adjustable rear track bar. I had both RK bracket and an adj TB on my Mopar lift. The adjustable TB made the biggest difference firming things up in the rear.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do either of them require drilling?
Teraflex does RK does not….. if you use the RK bracket you can’t use the Metal cloak diff skid. They both use a U bolt in the same location. All other diff skids work as far as I know. I use the Rancho diff skid , works great….

Sponsored

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
Teraflex does RK does not….. if you use the RK bracket you can’t use the Metal cloak diff skid. They both use a U bolt in the same location. All other diff skids work as far as I know. I use the Rancho diff skid , works great….
Much appreciated! Looks like RK it is. I’ve looked at your setup and it’s more robust than mine. I assume I shouldn’t have to worry about this bracket being strong enough. I’ve heard stories of cheap rear relocation brackets breaking.

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
@SWVA JLUR or sell and get an adjustable rear track bar. I had both RK bracket and an adj TB on my Mopar lift. The adjustable TB made the biggest difference firming things up in the rear.
Thanks for the reply. Which Track bar did you go with?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Which Track bar did you go with?
I had a great deal come up on a Synergy. There are many good ones out there.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase