Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I've been thinking about changing out the rear factory leather seats in my JLU with something that doesn't have a carpet in the back of the seats as I know it's going to drive me fucking nuts to have that remaining bit of "carpet" in my Jeep when I tear out the floor carpets.

Anyone able to recommend a manufacturer/beand/retailer I can look into?

Edit: Yes, I am fully aware of seat covers as a potential option, but for now I wanna look into this option. If it ends up not being viable, I'll definitely look into seat covers, as they are much easier to find. So please refrain from recommending seat covers in this thread.
Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Pull the rear seat. ;)

Just kidding… isn’t there a rubber mat that you can install that sticks to the back of the seat and covers the carpet?

Would that work?

Or do you want to remove the factory seat cover to remove the carpet? If that’s the case, and money is no object, you could probably take it to a custom upholstery shop to have them remove the carpet from your factory seat.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lol, I totally would, but there's the odd time now and then that I need to be able to transport more than 1 human passenger. Otherwise I would totally do a seat delete, as my number one and most frequent passenger is my dog, which is why I am looking to completely eliminate all carpet inside the vehicle.

As for your idea about a local upholstery place, I like your thinking, especially since I like to support local whenever possible.....

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Lol, I totally would, but there's the odd time now and then that I need to be able to transport more than 1 human passenger. Otherwise I would totally do a seat delete, as my number one and most frequent passenger is my dog, which is why I am looking to completely eliminate all carpet inside the vehicle.

As for your idea about a local upholstery place, I like your thinking, especially since I like to support local whenever possible.....
Another option might be to get some heavy duty Velcro and epoxy it to the back of a rubber mat, then cut the mat to fit the shape of the back seats. Again, not permanent, but could cost a lot less and potentially be something you could do yourself and save some money.

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Why don't you speak to a reupholstering business? They can do magic.
I've decided to treat that as "option a" when my Jeep arrives... I'll have to sit tight in the meantime

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
While its a good idea, be careful with reupholsterers. I brought my Lexus to one and they put deep scratches in the surrounding areas trying to wiggle my driver's seat out. Door, console and threshhold.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
While its a good idea, be careful with reupholsterers. I brought my Lexus to one and they put deep scratches in the surrounding areas trying to wiggle my driver's seat out. Door, console and threshhold.
I shall be delivering my rear seat to them and dropping it off with then.... Figure it's better than being without my vehicle and it's good practice for taking apart my Jeep. Also that way I'm not leaving my Jeep with them and I still have transportation.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ugh, this would be awesome if it was full-width in the back. My weathertech is edge-to-edge with a little lip on the edges. If this had that on the bottom part, I'd swap them out.
I'm gonna see if I can weasel one out of the dealer for free when I take delivery.... Dude sold to me at invoice, so I wanna see if I can get any freebies.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I don't know if you have ever lived with pet hair.... But it gets everywhere, including some weird places where I'm not sure how in the fuck it got there because my animal was never there..... And it's even worse with car carpets.... There is no getting hair out of it once it's in....
Oh, I know that pain. One trip to the vet and my corgi might as well just explode in my Jeep.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Oh, I know that pain. One trip to the vet and my corgi might as well just explode in my Jeep.
Hence why I'm ripping out my carpet and spraying the interior with sound deadener & a spray on ceramic heat shield

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Ugh, this would be awesome if it was full-width in the back. My weathertech is edge-to-edge with a little lip on the edges. If this had that on the bottom part, I'd swap them out.
Would be a waste of money, but you could probably keep the Weathertech mat and use just the seatback portion of the Mopar kit.

This wouldn't work on the back of a 2-door rear seat, would it?
Sponsored