Rear seat disassembly

Sobchak Security

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Trying to remove a rear headrest on a 2023. Anyone familiar with how to get the metal seat back off?
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear seat disassembly IMG_7388
Sponsored

Tgs

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlus
Are you trying to remove just the headrest?

Tgs

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlus
@BarrettBM27 posted this In different thread. Good luck

I have a 2020 JL Sport that we folded the rear seat down and now one of the head rear will not stay up. I browsed the Internet on how to remove without much luck, then I saw this forum and saw there were a lot of other people with the same question. So I joined to tell how I did it.
1) remove the head rest padding by pulling straight up, may have to pull hard but they do slide off.
2)fold the head rest rods down,
3)unzip the fabric on the back of the seat and then unclip the bottom. Not sure what they call this piece.
4)once you have the rear cover completely loose fold it over the seat, out of the way.
5)use a ratchet with a short 7mm, you can see the bracket and the bolts come in from the front. I just pushed in the back of the seat until I could get my hand in there and remove the 2 bolts.
6)once you have the bolts out, push up on the assembly about a half inch, then push forward. Then you can pull down from the seat. May have to pull the rod back to the vertical position to get them out.
7)once out it will still have the release cable attached. Follow the cable and it will go into bottom of another bracket/retainer with the head rest cable coming in the bottom and 2 cables coming into the top of it. Again push on the seat and remove the screw that holds the bracket/retainer. It uses a Phillips screwdriver. Push up and pull out enough to remove cover. using a small flat screwdriver pry on the tabs, there are 3 on each side. Be careful when taking this cover off. There are three cables going in and are on a cheap little plastic block. Remove cable from bracket that is still connected to headrest assembly. Reinstall cover on the bracket and screw back into place.

Repeat for other side. You will now have the head rest out clean and could reinstall someday if you wanted to.
This entire task took me 45 min start to finish and the hardest part was getting the seat cover clip back together. I found starting at one side and working my way across the easiest.

c53a8283-80f3-400f-ac5e-9b6d50cb6e70-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
Sobchak Security

Sobchak Security

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
I've kept that post bookmarked and had it open this morning. I can see the bolts, but can't get to them.
Sponsored

Last edited: