OP

jimfa440

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited 4D
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Thanks, Alison. I have not had the dealer look at mine. This happened 3 times but not lately.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
I appreciate your suggestion but if my Uconnect dies itā€™s on me as far as cost and I will go a different route

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks, Alison. I have not had the dealer look at mine. This happened 3 times but not lately.
Please keep me updated if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
Jeep Cares

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Dropping mine off tomorrow for a refurbished radio swap. Mine has progressively worsened....when it's below 40 degrees. Seems like an internal battery or capacitor or something along those lines...I will post back if a newer unit helps. I don't have the larger screen, just the basic. Quite a few threads on those units with the back up camera being the culprit.

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Just picked it up. New refurbished unit. 3 months of Sirius included. It is more responsive than the old unit on its best days. Faster recognition from the touch screen. Audio clarity using bluetooth from my phone is better too. More bass and highs. It was factory set at flat, and I do have an EQ built in my phone app...but even with that, it was clearly better, as my phone settings haven't changed. Apparently there was more failing than just powering up. Hoping it lasts longer than the first set up. I will know to get leery if the lag of the touchscreen starts showing up again.

Sponsored

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
The radio in my 2020 Sahara is giving some problems. At times it gets stuck on Sirius/XM and you can't change it. Other times the radio shuts down while driving. It takes numerous attempts to get it to turn on, eventually it will come on. Am I alone?
This just happened to my on my 21 JLUR. It simply shut off and then restarted, just like when turning on the vehicle. I thought that was weird so I called Mopar and the rep I spoke with was totally unaware of any such issues. He actually referred me to look at sites such as this one for this issue and Mopar 2" lift kit ongoing maintenance. LOL!

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
First off, I love my Jeep. But I am having these issues with my radio. Cannot change volume, change stations, whole screen is non-responsive. This happens sometimes when I start the Jeep. I can drive and it will reboot on its own. Is happening more. Today, my Apple car play started cutting in and out and the screen functions stopped working. I unplugged my phone and it rebooted. This is so frustrating! Iā€™m not looking forward to going to the dealer but I have to get it taken care of. Iā€™ve checked all the fuses. This and my passenger seat squeaking have been the only issues, however annoying they are.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
First off, I love my Jeep. But I am having these issues with my radio. Cannot change volume, change stations, whole screen is non-responsive. This happens sometimes when I start the Jeep. I can drive and it will reboot on its own. Is happening more. Today, my Apple car play started cutting in and out and the screen functions stopped working. I unplugged my phone and it rebooted. This is so frustrating! Iā€™m not looking forward to going to the dealer but I have to get it taken care of. Iā€™ve checked all the fuses. This and my passenger seat squeaking have been the only issues, however annoying they are.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
This started back in Dec for me, my jeep is about to be out of warranty, the dealer will be replacing the unit tomorrow. As fast as this issue has came on amongst the owners of all the years of the JL. This is most likely a software issue. but I'm glad that I have a dealer that is willing to attempt to chase the issue. The 8.4 is a $1900 item not including installation, so It's not a cheap fix out of warranty. I read somewhere on the forum that Uconnect is working the issue and an update will be out sometime in the 1st quarter, this is all hearsay so don't quote me. I really wish that these companies would recognize and push these issues to the customers, If these companies would do a better job at pushing the information to us, like "we recognize there is X issue, we are working on the solution expect Y timeframe for a fix" This would help build confidence in their product, and would most likely cut down on the amount of products that the dealers try to replace that aren't broken. It's not just Jeep or Uconnect but really most companies as a hole needs to be better about customer service.

JLOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 2.0 turbo JL
I am having issues with my 7 inch touch screen radio as well. The screen will switch to multiple pages, then stays on one it likes which is random each day. Either AC controls or main page or radio, etcā€¦ When I plug in my iPhone, the screen will not stay on my Apple Music interface or maps app. It always closes the app view, but maps and Apple Music still work. They had to replace my left visor that connect to the garage door opener and since then I been having issues. Has anyone else had this?
Thanks

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
MIne was unresponsive today as well. This is the new refurbished unit that was replaced last year. It was 19 degrees today though. I fully anticipate it to behave the same as the old unit...it will gradually get a little worse and take a little longer to come on. I will have to wait until it takes longer to reboot, than it takes for me to get to the dealer, or fight through the "can't replicate customer complaint" At least today, even without the radio, the back up camera worked...which, last time...it did not. So, progress,,,Yay!!!
Sponsored