Radio Issues

jimfa440

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited 4D
The radio in my 2020 Sahara is giving some problems. At times it gets stuck on Sirius/XM and you can't change it. Other times the radio shuts down while driving. It takes numerous attempts to get it to turn on, eventually it will come on. Am I alone?
Sponsored

Mrclean11

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
The radio in my 2020 Sahara is giving some problems. At times it gets stuck on Sirius/XM and you can't change it. Other times the radio shuts down while driving. It takes numerous attempts to get it to turn on, eventually it will come on. Am I alone?
I have same problem also have had back up camera stay on while driving, checked for updates and no updates were available

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
You're not alone. My 2018 has had radio issues since the beginning. The first year it rebooted about 4 times, resetting the clock and presets. Year 2 even more. Recently became a daily thing and now 100% broke, won't even turn on. Jeep service said fairly common computer to radio miscommunication fault. They're replacing the entire unit next week or so.

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You're not alone. My 2018 has had radio issues since the beginning. The first year it rebooted about 4 times, resetting the clock and presets. Year 2 even more. Recently became a daily thing and now 100% broke, won't even turn on. Jeep service said fairly common computer to radio miscommunication fault. They're replacing the entire unit next week or so.
Maybe a loose fuse?

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Maybe a loose fuse?
I checked they all looked fine. Jeep service checked too. I'd think they'd rather replace a fuse vs the entire unit if that was the cause. I will say it got worse in the cold! But yeah now its just 100% dead no screen no radio no backup camera just drive in silence.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t have the 8.4 on my 2018 but at time Uconnect just reboots on itā€™s own and itā€™s not a Cloud update and I donā€™t have that ability, I will agree with others in saying itā€™s a flaky system

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I can assume you have an extended warranty to cover this, I have a 2018 and my Uconnect reboots randomly but I donā€™t have any extended warranty so if it craps out I will likely look into completely removing it if thatā€™s even possible

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I can assume you have an extended warranty to cover this, I have a 2018 and my Uconnect reboots randomly but I donā€™t have any extended warranty so if it craps out I will likely look into completely removing it if thatā€™s even possible
Yep totally covered it's a lease!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yep totally covered it's a lease!
Turn it in at the end of the lease and if you decided to buy one maybe by then all the quirky bugs will be fixed, my son has a 2012 JK thatā€™s rock solid and has zero issues with anything and itā€™s got almost 80k miles on it

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Turn it in at the end of the lease and if you decided to buy one maybe by then all the quirky bugs will be fixed, my son has a 2012 JK thatā€™s rock solid and has zero issues with anything and itā€™s got almost 80k miles on it
Decided I'm getting a 21 months ago! Now debating the 4xe...

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Mine powers on whenever it feels like it...works the rest of the day, most times. Used to take about 10 minutes of driving to come on....now it's closer to 30. Started getting stuck on the "loading" screen this week...it seems to be getting progressively worse. I have an appointment next week and Jeepcares has offered assistance as well....hoping for a positive outcome.

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Mine powers on whenever it feels like it...works the rest of the day, most times. Used to take about 10 minutes of driving to come on....now it's closer to 30. Started getting stuck on the "loading" screen this week...it seems to be getting progressively worse. I have an appointment next week and Jeepcares has offered assistance as well....hoping for a positive outcome.
Dropped it off and picked it up yesterday. The dealer updated the software and it had no effect. I dropped it off with the problem present. At least I didn't have the issue of them not being able to replicate it. They are replacing the radio with a refurbished unit. I don't care, as long as it isn't damaged and it works. They said maybe a week before it arrives.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have same problem also have had back up camera stay on while driving, checked for updates and no updates were available
I donā€™t have the 8.4 on my 2018 but at time Uconnect just reboots on itā€™s own and itā€™s not a Cloud update and I donā€™t have that ability, I will agree with others in saying itā€™s a flaky system
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
My radio unit was replaced yesterday. Dealer said communication fault code between computer and radio. Also my battery was some how depleted and needed the entire day to be recharged.
Sponsored