Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I drove to ACE hardware (similar to grocery store example) and fought steering there and it was annoying. I got back and looked at the reservoir and it was empty again. Clearly it's not done bleeding yet. 3 mile round trip.

SO now you are ready for black bear. WHat changed?
I'd keep adding fluid to the top of the filter until you have it all bled. Keep track of how much you add each time. As stated before... as long as the pump reservoir is mostly full you're fine since the pump pulls from the bottom of the reservoir to avoid air into the system. The JL system really is great when you think about how it works. You just don't want to burp fluid out of the pressure valve on the drivers side. It's a good idea to screw the cap off and take the fluid out of it if it ends up in the bowl.

I've had my setup since February and a few wheelin trips on it since then. I don't believe it is easy to reach perfection in a vehicle when playing off road. There is always something you have to fight or wiggle around with. The steering is no different. In the beginning a vehicle has to earn the trust for me. Have to be sure the brakes will work. Steering will work. That type of thing.

After playing around off road some I've learned the vehicle enough to have the confidence to do Black Bear. The first time we went out there we had the opportunity to ride with people we met on Imogene. I just couldn't get there because my mind was broken. That second turn on Black Bear was the only part I was worried about because of how tight it is. Every last bit of it could have been in my mind since I tend to over think everything. :CWL:
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I'd keep adding fluid to the top of the filter until you have it all bled. Keep track of how much you add each time. As stated before... as long as the pump reservoir is mostly full you're fine since the pump pulls from the bottom of the reservoir to avoid air into the system. The JL system really is great when you think about how it works. You just don't want to burp fluid out of the pressure valve on the drivers side. It's a good idea to screw the cap off and take the fluid out of it if it ends up in the bowl.

I've had my setup since February and a few wheelin trips on it since then. I don't believe it is easy to reach perfection in a vehicle when playing off road. There is always something you have to fight or wiggle around with. The steering is no different. In the beginning a vehicle has to earn the trust for me. Have to be sure the brakes will work. Steering will work. That type of thing.

After playing around off road some I've learned the vehicle enough to have the confidence to do Black Bear. The first time we went out there we had the opportunity to ride with people we met on Imogene. I just couldn't get there because my mind was broken. That second turn on Black Bear was the only part I was worried about because of how tight it is. Every last bit of it could have been in my mind since I tend to over think everything. :CWL:
I took it back to the shop. They checked it, it was obvious and they call PSC and ordered a new pump. Pretty easy to work with PSC.

The shop claims you dont fill it up all the way, it needs some room for expansion.

Yeah black bear has more psychological effect than anything. Not paying attention can have a fatal consequence and that gets to many. I've done it once in my TJ and once on my KLR650 dirt bike. Totally different experience between the two. Jeep is scarier. lol

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
once the system is fully bled out you dont want to fill the fill reservoir all the way, say half way. As the fluid heats up it will expand and blow out the vent tube if it goes too high. You can let the fill reservoir go empty as long as the bottom tank is full but you do not know how much is in that tank

If you look at every car they have a cold fill line and a hot fill line

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
The hot “burp” point on my system is to have just enough fluid in the upper reservoir to be seen at the very bottom. My system has burped 2 times out the vent and I know the system is fully bled now. So, not gonna add anymore unless I notice a leak. Both times it burped, it made a hell of a mess.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
pump installed still the same. Pretty horrible. They took off the ram and bliss. Guess this is normal for the steering assist from PSC. If so it's downright dangerous.

Without the ram PSC is pretty darn nice and an improvement over stock and my stock didnt have the steering issues some complain about.

Still I wanted steering assist and hope they find a problem. I called PSC and got put on hold passed around eventually put thru to a voice mail and never heard from anyone.

I have heard nothing but good things about PSC so this is a head scratcher for me??

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
pump installed still the same. Pretty horrible. They took off the ram and bliss. Guess this is normal for the steering assist from PSC. If so it's downright dangerous.

Without the ram PSC is pretty darn nice and an improvement over stock and my stock didnt have the steering issues some complain about.

Still I wanted steering assist and hope they find a problem. I called PSC and got put on hold passed around eventually put thru to a voice mail and never heard from anyone.

I have heard nothing but good things about PSC so this is a head scratcher for me??
Sadly not surprised. I have had HORRIBLE customer service from them post purchase. Honestly I would never buy anything from those guys again.

Hope it works out for you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.