Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I have been dealing with Tom directly who has been awesome. They just sent me the JK hose system to put on. They are working on something for the JL but the JK hose system they think may fix it.
Tom is great. I'd really like to hear how it goes with the new hoses.
Sponsored

DCRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Tom is great. I'd really like to hear how it goes with the new hoses.
Yeah he is. I was surprised that he called me directly and took over the issue and got right on it. I have never experienced anything like that with any of the part companies I have dealt with. I am def a customer for life. I am reluctant to put it on since it requires some modification vs waiting for the JL version.

OP
OP
Deezus

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have the Ram assist and I can assure you that sound is still there with or without the ram. the only way I can get the sound to turn off is fully lock the steering which stops the fluid from running through the system. This is an issue and needs to be fixed period end of story. Either bigger lines or a modified box where the lines go in is my best guess. I'm confident PSC will get something done on this.

DCRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have the Ram assist and I can assure you that sound is still there with or without the ram. the only way I can get the sound to turn off is fully lock the steering which stops the fluid from running through the system. This is an issue and needs to be fixed period end of story. Either bigger lines or a modified box where the lines go in is my best guess. I'm confident PSC will get something done on this.
Agree. At full lock the sound inside stops for me as well. But I do get a sound outside. Sounds like a blow off whistle or something.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Do you have issues with labored steering at low RPM's? Like in a parking lot?

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
What do you think of that noise outside at full lock?
Sounds extremely normal to me. The wife and I talk about it often when we go out to play. You shouldn't sit at full lock if possible. You can go all the way over until you hear it but back off so you don't.

Sponsored

Wheezy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Following, just ordered PSC kit yesterday. Running Curries and 40's so kind of a necessary item in my opinion. Damn thing already makes enough noise as is, so kind of whatever, but if there will be an update or a a fix, I'd like to know. I'll report back once installed (probably end of next week or even the following week depending on time available for installation)

OP
OP
Deezus

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree. At full lock the sound inside stops for me as well. But I do get a sound outside. Sounds like a blow off whistle or something.
When you fully lock the wheel you basically stop the circulation of the fluid.

OP
OP
Deezus

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody that's having noise issues with the JL which is probably almost everyone should probably contact PSC to let him know you're having the issues so the more they know the more that they'll be able to work on this cuz they assured me that they're not leaving us out in the cold and they're working they are working on a fix.

Wheezy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So I drove the jeep with the Curries and 40's for the first time this weekend up in Big Bear... stock steering was actually... well... really good. Trying to find time to install the PSC stuff, boxes got here yesterday.
Sponsored