Problems

Jon Downing

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
There is an actual part number molded into the front of the Green Star Connector made by TE in Mexico: it is 2-227236-5. I saw these on EBAY if you have trouble sourcing through FCA/dealer. I was going to purchase one if my dealer order did not arrive this week.

The FCA/Mopar part number they sell it under is: 6832 1746 AA - 001. My paperwork said it shipped from Centerline IPDC- FCA US LLC at 26311 Lawrence Ave, Centerline, MI 48015
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Thanks Jon....I'm gonna order one today just to have. Great post too! The more we know the less we have to throw money at the Dealers! Thanks again.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Any other guidance in finding these connectors?

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
Any other guidance in finding these connectors?
This is somewhat related to my job so I’ve been looking into it. I’ll post some info a little later this evening.

Reactions: RAO

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is somewhat related to my job so I’ve been looking into it. I’ll post some info a little later this evening.
Here is the connector info that I was able to get. As @Jon Downing said the connector is manufactured by Tyco Electronics (TE). FCA part number 68321746AA, Tyco part number 2-2272352-5. This connector is used in many FCA vehicles (Ram, Pacifica, Gladiator, Wrangler, and probably more). I found one TSB for both the Ram and Wrangler, S2008000117. I don't know the details of it. Maybe someone can find those details.

I contacted Tyco this morning to ask them about the availability of 2-2272352-5 and unfortunately it is not being sold on the retail market meaning only OEM's and MAYBE wholesalers but the person I spoke with couldn't confirm that. Just that we can't buy them directly from them or any other electronics reseller (Farnell, Mouser, Digi-Key, Arrow, etc) so we are stuck with FCA or eBay (found some @ CARiD).

If I needed one I would look at the online Mopar suppliers before getting anything from eBay but that's just me. I would always check with @AllMoparParts.com for stock first. Wouldn't hurt to support those who also support this forum.

2-2272352-5 at TE.com
S2008000117 @ TSB Search
List of FCA repair kits (general)
68321746AA @ CARiD <- As of this posting they show 38 in stock

Sponsored

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on what precisely is causing these connectors to fail it may be possible to repair them. They seem to be relatively simple circuits.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Here is the connector info that I was able to get. As @Jon Downing said the connector is manufactured by Tyco Electronics (TE). FCA part number 68321746AA, Tyco part number 2-2272352-5. This connector is used in many FCA vehicles (Ram, Pacifica, Gladiator, Wrangler, and probably more). I found one TSB for both the Ram and Wrangler, S2008000117. I don't know the details of it. Maybe someone can find those details.

I contacted Tyco this morning to ask them about the availability of 2-2272352-5 and unfortunately it is not being sold on the retail market meaning only OEM's and MAYBE wholesalers but the person I spoke with couldn't confirm that. Just that we can't buy them directly from them or any other electronics reseller (Farnell, Mouser, Digi-Key, Arrow, etc) so we are stuck with FCA or eBay (found some @ CARiD).

If I needed one I would look at the online Mopar suppliers before getting anything from eBay but that's just me. I would always check with @AllMoparParts.com for stock first. Wouldn't hurt to support those who also support this forum.

2-2272352-5 at TE.com
S2008000117 @ TSB Search
List of FCA repair kits (general)
68321746AA @ CARiD <- As of this posting they show 38 in stock
I bought one from mopar.com national e store

Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
68321746AA Connector Can Buss $52.48 1 $52.48

Kingfisher

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Well Good on you brother!!!! Your diligence paid off! I am sure I would have thrown my hands up and my wallet would be a lot lighter. The Scary thing is how they are at a loss as how to diagnose or fix these vehicles. Thank you for sharing your hell, I am sure it will come in handy for many of us. Do you have a part number for the actual connectore ..I may want to keep one handy in case I am ever up against this scenario. Again thanks ...It is people like you who share their experiences that help the Jeep community.
I was having the same issues with my 2018 Jeep Jl as well. Took it into the dealership a hand full of times and they replaced some electrical fuse connector, checked every ground (cleaned and tightened), and replaced the dashboard wiring harness.
After a few days of each repair all the indications came back. I finally bought my green connector from Ebay and swapped it out. Woo Lah! Have not had an issue for over 2 mos now. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the thread and hope this helps out!

Kingfisher

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
There is an actual part number molded into the front of the Green Star Connector made by TE in Mexico: it is 2-227236-5. I saw these on EBAY if you have trouble sourcing through FCA/dealer. I was going to purchase one if my dealer order did not arrive this week.

The FCA/Mopar part number they sell it under is: 6832 1746 AA - 001. My paperwork said it shipped from Centerline IPDC- FCA US LLC at 26311 Lawrence Ave, Centerline, MI 48015
I bought mine from Ebay. It was the exact one that was already in my Jeep. Easy swap and fixed all my issues. Have been free of issues for over 2 mos now and hopefully forever. Thanks for the thread and the easy fix!

Steve5282

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
10 months, new batts, into canbus short and losing steering and shifting. I had harnesses replaced, rerouted, checked every wire, fuse, read every thread i could find. Dealers were no help.
Ordered green star connector behind glovebox, replaced yesterday and problems solved. Must have been some short in the board. 50bucks, 5 minutes to fix the biggest headache. Start here, wish I would have known last fall...that connector affects everything!!!!!
I have a quick question regarding the replacement of the star connector. Did you have to disconnect the batteries or was it just a pop and swap? Thank you for so much info in this thread

Sponsored

Batsy2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Any knowledge if this is part of the dome light trigger? I have checked all fuses, door connections, and replaced the light itself. Only the push button map lights will come on, not the domes.

Steve5282

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Any knowledge if this is part of the dome light trigger? I have checked all fuses, door connections, and replaced the light itself. Only the push button map lights will come on, not the domes.
Not that Im aware of

andy396

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I bought mine from Ebay. It was the exact one that was already in my Jeep. Easy swap and fixed all my issues. Have been free of issues for over 2 mos now and hopefully forever. Thanks for the thread and the easy fix!
Plus 1 for another bad star connector. 2018 Sport JLU 3.6L. It took me a while to figure out as I had no prior experience with can bus. After learning from “Mechanic Mindset” on YouTube and buying the relatively inexpensive oscilloscope he recommended I was able to catch it acting up and could then replicate it by simply squeezing or twisting the circuit board of the star connector. Doing so would make the can bus signals go from clean to bad. Got a new one on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/225158191142) for $13 like mentioned and after swapping over all the different plugs, gave it the squeeze and twist test with the oscilloscope hooked up, to which it passed. It’s been about a month or so with no problems or hiccups since.

Corey_schissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 BEACH Edition wrangler Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
I have a quick question regarding the replacement of the star connector. Did you have to disconnect the batteries or was it just a pop and swap? Thank you for so much info in this thread
Did you find your answer?