Sponsored

JL Sport Electrical problems

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I traded in a 2 door 17 sport for a new JL need a 4 door. Only had to change oil in the JK no problems at all only
had 12500 miles plus about 4500 mile of towing behind a motorhome. Anyway my JL (1900 miles) has been to dealer about 5 times for wind noise and rattles they(dealer) ordered new latches for the t tops. Took two weeks and had them installed and it was no help. Now they tell me that's its normal and that's it. The JL should be at least as quite as the JK or that's what I had read some where. Like to know if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do to fix it.
Now the big problem, I get message that my right rear tail light is out anytime I hit bump in the road. It took 2 more
trips far them to see the problem. NOW THE DEALER HAS HAD FOR TWO WEEKS AND STILL HAVE ON IDEA
ON HOW TO FIX IT. I finally called Jeep Customer care and got loaner after 8 DAYS. YA a case number and
all of THAT. I called them after 3 days and it took Jeep 5 more days to get the dealer to give me a loaner. I
ask for a new Jeep, but I have to give them like 30 days to get it fixed. Is that good or what!
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Lemon laws vary by state. Sucks you are having problems, but stick with it and document everything. Look up lemon laws for Texas and follow the steps. You are not the only one who have had issues and other buy backs have happened.

FYI....I am not sure wind noise and a tail light will qualify for lemon laws, but I am no expert.

Reactions: VNT

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also what dealer is this at? Maybe you need to get it to another dealer.

OP
OP

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
wind noise is one thing, but not can't drive if on tail light. You get a ticket for that in Texas

Sponsored

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
When you get your jeep back, try my suggestion linked to here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...up-weather-stripping.14497/page-2#post-366288

The wind noise will be greatly reduced by following my directions.. The after picture I posted isn't the perfect example. You can push it down farther into the ring so there is no white are showing above it. You will only be able to see the gold colored nut. I just put my panels back on yesterday and got better leverage while pushing down and got it seated fully.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
on the taillights, did you change out the bulbs with LEDs by chance?

I changed mine last Thursday, and this morning I am getting a message that my rear turn signals are out, I checked and they are not out, so in my case I think it is the computer not sensing the low voltage bulbs.

This morning I also started noticing a low rattle rattle from the passenger side, like something rolling around in a plastic bin. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

OP
OP

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Well they claim to have changed everything including the tail light module electrical module plus re-wire the right side. Now they have
ordered a new wiring hares that hooks to the motorhome. Just waiting until it comes in on hurry only 15 days and counting.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well they claim to have changed everything including the tail light module electrical module plus re-wire the right side. Now they have
ordered a new wiring hares that hooks to the motorhome. Just waiting until it comes in on hurry only 15 days and counting.
What dealer is this?

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BW JLUR (lemon'd), 2019 SG JLUR
Feel your pain. Mine has been having issues since I bought it. Only have 4900 miles. Dealer and Jeep don't seem to know how to fix it. Keep getting a CEL accompanied by the engine running rough and trans shifting like crap. Showing engine running lean codes when they scan. Already replaced an O2 sensor and had the same issue within 10 days of getting it back. At the dealer for the second time now to fix the same issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
They just called me and installed the new wiring hares and it seems to be working after they test drive it a few more times
they will get back to me. Have not said anything about the rattles or wind noise. The dealer is Sulphur Springs Dodge.

OP
OP

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
They did the install. They have had for 15 DAYS and only working on the tail light. If you can't drive it what does it mater what
the problem is. I've canceled trips because of no car once I get there in my RV. I've had around 20 cars and trucks over the last
50 years and never had one in the shop for 15 days!! I think it's sorry service from Jeep and the dealer. It was 8 days before
they got me a loaner ( 16 jeep Cherokee).

OP
OP

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hey, I got it back home today and so far everything is good. Glad to get it I was tired of that Cherokee.
So, I'll give a try and see how it goes.

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
Not aimed at the OP but In my life I have never seen so mush lemon law talk, this is crazy, I wish you all the best, and if it can not be fixed then you deserve to be compensated. I must say this is the biggest mess I have seen in 4 auto forms and a RV forum.

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My rubicon has been in the dealership being repaired since August 9th. Before that its spent 5 weeks being repaired for other issues. I spoke to corporate and they have to review the issues, lemon laws in my state and speak to a field engineer that worked on my car to be able to determine whether i get a buy back or replacement. That comment couldnt of gotten me more pissed off. Regardless of my issues i hope you get your compensation for the time spent working on your car
Sponsored