Vehicle Showcase

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Plexus on Windows, 303 fabric guard on top. (Apply with Windows out and be careful.)

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Plexus on Windows, 303 fabric guard on top. (Apply with Windows out and be careful.)
The 303 People sent me some products to test so my plan is to clean my SR top with this https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-automotive-tonneau-cover-convertible-top-cleaner/ then apply this https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-fabric-guard/

Apparently I over applied the fabric guard the first time as it only takes a small about and after giving it a light coat you are supposed to wait 8-12 hrs

I was advised that a 160z bottle treats of to 55 square feet so using it to soak my SR top initially was was overdone as the bottom layer cannot cure but no damage acc to them so they advised to clean throughly with their cleaner and after letting it dry throughly to apply lightly in a cross pattern.

They did send me some products to as stated and just ask for feed back which I will gladly give them

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 303 People sent me some products to test so my plan is to clean my SR top with this https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-automotive-tonneau-cover-convertible-top-cleaner/ then apply this https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-fabric-guard/

Apparently I over applied the fabric guard the first time as it only takes a small about and after giving it a light coat you are supposed to wait 8-12 hrs

I was advised that a 160z bottle treats of to 55 square feet so using it to soak my SR top initially was was overdone as the bottom layer cannot cure but no damage acc to them so they advised to clean throughly with their cleaner and after letting it dry throughly to apply lightly in a cross pattern.

They did send me some products to as stated and just ask for feed back which I will gladly give them
Yes, a little of the fabric guard goes a long way. Be careful not to get any on your windows (or any plastic, for the matter).

Sponsored

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Yes, a little of the fabric guard goes a long way. Be careful not to get any on your windows (or any plastic, for the matter).
What about the door trim? I assume everyone isn't taping off the door trim for each application. Is it safe for ABS just not the windows?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the door trim? I assume everyone isn't taping off the door trim for each application. Is it safe for ABS just not the windows?
You shouldn’t be spraying so much on that it could make it that far, but if it does you can just wipe it up. It’s a solvent and will definitely eff up the windows in a noticeable way of you mist them and don’t notice your mistake.

Instrucrions: https://www.sailrite.com/PDF/303 Fabric Guard Application Instructions.pdf

If you just gently mist the top you’ll be fine; it’s very easy. I’ve done it several times over three years.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
+1 for Bestop's Twill Fabric Protectant. I've used it on my soft top and my hardtop Sunrider. Makes water run off the fabric like Rain-X does to glass.

Trk3263

First Name
T2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Do the soft top products from 303 and Bestop have any UV protection to help prevent fade?
i am worried about my premium soft top fading if I don’t keep it in the garage here in the SE.

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
Do the soft top products from 303 and Bestop have any UV protection to help prevent fade?
i am worried about my premium soft top fading if I don’t keep it in the garage here in the SE.
The 303 does

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I called Bestop at one point and they said the best way to clean the premium twill top is using Dawn dish soap and water. Not just any dish soap but specifically Dawn. I don’t use it at every wash, but if it a visibly dirty (after mudding) I will.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We offer a Twill protectant. For what it's worth, we've offered this fabric for about 9 years now and I have yet to see fading on a Premium or Twill material. It's a pretty remarkable fabric.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored