Positive Dealer Service Experience

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
So sad that a positive service experience is such a rarity in the Jeep world. The hard core amongst us seem to brush it off as a Jeep thing, but just imagine the success FCA could have if they put more effort into build quality and service.
Local dealer was able to successfully diagnose and repair a valve train solenoid in only a day and a half, but then next visit had a lot guy bringing my Jeep to me that had no idea how to drive a manual transmission. Then explained that the problem was my 10k mile clutch was very worn
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So sad that a positive service experience is such a rarity in the Jeep world. The hard core amongst us seem to brush it off as a Jeep thing, but just imagine the success FCA could have if they put more effort into build quality and service.
Local dealer was able to successfully diagnose and repair a valve train solenoid in only a day and a half, but then next visit had a lot guy bringing my Jeep to me that had no idea how to drive a manual transmission. Then explained that the problem was my 10k mile clutch was very worn
This is TRUTH!

Wranglers traditionally had exceptional resale values so I accepted the poor quality and poor customer service. It does not look like the JL will enjoy the benefits of great resale anymore because it appears FCA made too many of them.

I absolutely love my previous TJ even though it was by far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. And I have owned quite a few including a few British and Italian brands that are notorious for leaving you on the side of he road. lol. I loved my JK too and it was problem free with the exception of wind noise from bad windshield seals. I got tired of the dealer's attempts to fix the noise so I sold it. My JLR is by far the best Wrangler I have owned and I love it! It is only about 10 months old and has been problem free with the exception of the steering stabilizer recall and a couple of software updates. My only real gripe is the doors. The JLs have much worse warping on the doors then the JK. FCA could do better with the doors. It's a JEEP thing. lol.

It might be come to Jesus time for FCA now there are potential options to a Wrangler. The Bronco thread on this Jeep forum has momentum so there's probably interest. The new Defender is priced right smack where a loaded Sahara and Rubicon is. It looked absolutely great at the auto show. The base models have a lot of equipment. I was shocked it has a base MSRP of $49K for the 2-door and $59K for the 4-door. My JLR had $50K MSRP. I was NEVER a fan of Land Rover but the new Defender has my interest.

Previously consumers had no choice because there really is nothing like the Wrangler. FCA had a captive audience. FCA knew this and and rode the fuck you pony as long as they could. Some of the captive Wrangler audience might choose to leave the coral in the future. Many of the new record setting customers are not hard core and diehard Wrangler fans. The JL is the first and could possibly be the last Wrangler for some of these customers who experienced quality control failures and negative customer service.

It's not too late, FCA could work on it's dealer relationships to improve customer service. Automobiles are complex. I think consumers understand there could be some quality issues. I think consumers would be more accepting and tolerant if dealers were qualified and corrected deficiencies and problems the first time around. It would not hurt to treat customers professionally either.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The worse part of all of this:1 How can I trust this dealership; if they can't even handle a simple 20 min, 2 bolt, part replacement.
2 Even after I downloaded and sent them the instructions (highlighting the intake bulge position), they admitted to not looking @ them. I had to point out the bulge 4 times to the service manager. I still don't think he understood and just flipped the damper to appease me.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The worse part of all of this:1 How can I trust this dealership; if they can't even handle a simple 20 min, 2 bolt, part replacement.
2 Even after I downloaded and sent them the instructions (highlighting the intake bulge position), they admitted to not looking @ them. I had to point out the bulge 4 times to the service manager. I still don't think he understood and just flipped the damper to appease me.
It's shameful the service manager is that incompetent. It's guys like this you write letters to the owner of the dealership about and CC FCA. I think he knew he screwed up after you schooled him. I bet he was embarrassed. You did him a favor because your JL will not be the first stabilizer recall. Everyone after you who gets the recall done should thank you,

Last edited:

Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
My dealer is Crowley Jeep in Bristol CT, and SO FAR... they are awesome! They have great hours, are friendly, and although I haven't had anything serious done yet, their techs seem to be good.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
My dealer is Crowley Jeep in Bristol CT, and SO FAR... they are awesome! They have great hours, are friendly, and although I haven't had anything serious done yet, their techs seem to be good.
Friendly does not get anything accomplished for you. Many people are friendly, but I am not using that as a guide for using a business. You can take you vehicle back to a “friendly” dealership numerous times to get the same thing “fixed”. That’s called wasting my time.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Friendly does not get anything accomplished for you. Many people are friendly, but I am not using that as a guide for using a business. You can take you vehicle back to a “friendly” dealership numerous times to get the same thing “fixed”. That’s called wasting my time.
uh huh. and I also said "although I haven't had anything serious done yet, their techs seem to be good". And really, if they were awesome techs but total A holes, I'd go somewhere else. Bottom line is I'm happy with my dealer.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
uh huh. and I also said "although I haven't had anything serious done yet, their techs seem to be good". And really, if they were awesome techs but total A holes, I'd go somewhere else. Bottom line is I'm happy with my dealer.
Good for you. The economy could never function without shallow thinking. And since you have not had any real dealer experience your comments are useless to this thread. I have patronized several asshole mechanics and trusted them since they were concerned about the quality of their work, not faking their work.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I could swear this thread was called "Positive dealer experience". I'm not on here to fight with negative people.

Sponsored

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
I did not know there were good FCA dealerships. :giggle: Been to 4 in the Chicagoland area and all are shit, just different levels of shit and incompetence.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I would've expected this thread to be on the least commented list. It's kind of like the thread to compliment your IRS agent or your yelp review of a colonoscopy.

Then I realized eventually the compliments would shift to gripes. There's no stopping it!

Ha ha, it's good to hear at least one dealership is putting in 5 quarts (at least on the print out).

I have yet to have a good service experience. The best I can hope for is "we were unable to replicate the issues".

Ok, once they did fix the issue of my windshield not being seated right at the factory and my right pull was mostly corrected by them pulling and re inserting a fuse. .. Huh? I'll take it as a win.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
My local dealer is awful. One a bit further away from me but close enough is excellent. I have no issues going there for warranty work.

FCA service is known to be shitty but honestly I've never met anybody in real life who's thought their brand offered good service overall. Underpaid techs and managers working on commission rarely makes for a good combo.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The rudeness and unprofessionalism of the Service Manager at my local Jeep dealer, Rairdon of Bellingham, is without parallel.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer is awful. One a bit further away from me but close enough is excellent. I have no issues going there for warranty work.

FCA service is known to be shitty but honestly I've never met anybody in real life who's thought their brand offered good service overall. Underpaid techs and managers working on commission rarely makes for a good combo.
I have seen both good and bad dealers. Trust me there are exceptional dealers.

I probably buy more cars then the average consumer. I can definitely say without a doubt there are some truly excellent dealers out there. Irregardless of brand. One example. I owned 3 New Mini Cooper S and 2 had terrible quality issues. I was loyal and bought again and again because of the extremely positive dealer experience. Both MINI and the dealer was exceptional in how they treated me. For that I will reward that dealer and MINI with high accolades, referrals, and loyalty. I would definitely consider buying another if one sparks my interest. I will be totally honest and tell people MINIs are not a reliable as some Japanese brands but they will be taken care of if there are problems. At the dealer I bought from anyway.
Sponsored