Plug and Play amp upgrade to basic system

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Everything really sounds great. Its not going to win audio competitions. :) but its really clear and loud. I added the PWE-S8 8-Inch Alpine which works ok. Its enough to do what I wanted. Definitely not a booming sub but rounds things out and fits under the seat good enough. The kicker sub or the 10" JBL might have been a better choice but frankly with the Alpine wiring harnesses, it was a literal plug-in so it was a tradeoff. Wouldn't have been difficult to cut the alpine harness and rewire a few wires but I am happy.

I definitely needed the blockers though. I tested without and with (did the right side first) and it helped a LOT. I ended up going with 100UF (~400hz) blockers. I also am going to put a little polyfil in just to stop some of the reverb from the dash speakers especially.
Sponsored

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I just made a little discovery that everyone who is running the Alpine T/Main harness with the subout connectors should know (probably any harness really). Normally the sub uses the wire inputs in the hardness to connect to the PWE-S8 sub. Well, I just tried to use that same harness plug and use the connectors that convert it to a RCA input instead and plugged those into the PWE-S8 sub and HOLY COW what a difference. I do not understand why Alpine doesn't have this in its documentation. I'm baffled really. Its night and day. I am now completely happy with the PWE-S8. It made a 1000% difference. Its finally working the way it should. I now have a passenger seat massage chair :CWL:.

Do NOT use the wire inputs that are part of the harness. Use the RCA. Thank me later.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
I just made a little discovery that everyone who is running the Alpine T/Main harness with the subout connectors should know (probably any harness really). Normally the sub uses the wire inputs in the hardness to connect to the PWE-S8 sub. Well, I just tried to use that same harness plug and use the connectors that convert it to a RCA input instead and plugged those into the PWE-S8 sub and HOLY COW what a difference. I do not understand why Alpine doesn't have this in its documentation. I'm baffled really. Its night and day. I am now completely happy with the PWE-S8. It made a 1000% difference. Its finally working the way it should. I now have a passenger seat massage chair :CWL:.

Do NOT use the wire inputs that are part of the harness. Use the RCA. Thank me later.
This is very interesting! I'm not following. This is all done at the harness behind the stereo? Please elaborate some more.

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
This is very interesting! I'm not following. This is all done at the harness behind the stereo? Please elaborate some more.
Its actually done at the end of the harnesses that attach to the amp/sub. Not the T harness (which is behind the stereo)

So I used the Alpine T/Main harness to connect the stock radio, the PWE-S8, and the KTP-445U AMP.

That T/Main Harness has a subout that connects directly into the PWE SUB IN connector which connects to the PWE wire harness directly. Seems straightforward and even label'ed/colored that way so that is what I initially used to connect the PWE sub. That was a mistake. At least for my sub.

I noticed that this wire below *also* came with the kits

Jeep Wrangler JL Plug and Play amp upgrade to basic system PXL_20211130_184542666

I unplugged the red connector that went from harness to the sub directly and instead used this connector to convert to RCA. After making that connection, the sub now sounded like a sub.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
According to the installation instructions for the OEM head unit, using the RCA connectors to the SUB are required. I need to go check if that's how I have it wired and see if my spare parts include this wire or not...

Sponsored

ByronJayJee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I'm so happy I found this thread! I'll be ordering the amp and harness soon

WillysJLU2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
this fits in a JK or JL?
doesn’t fit either. Just a way to get the sub and amp for cheaper than buying separate. It’s the same sub/amp from the PSS-23WRA for the JL.

just need to figure out the wiring and hopefully it will save me a couple $$$

tylerbaker88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
doesn’t fit either. Just a way to get the sub and amp for cheaper than buying separate. It’s the same sub/amp from the PSS-23WRA for the JL.

just need to figure out the wiring and hopefully it will save me a couple $$$

ah way to out think the man

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Did you go forward with this, and did it work (and how is it working out?)?

Thanks!

Hello Guys.

I recently purchased a JLU Altitude with the 7'' screen and non-upgraded audio.

I want to improve my overall audio quality and volume and get a richer sound without voiding the warranty (Bought the additional 75k miles warranty).

Do you have any ideas?

Not sure if it will work but I was thinking about using these parts:

- PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...-Aftermarket-Amplifier-Interface.html?tp=6348

- Alpine - 10-Inch Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure, Mono Amplifier & Amp Kit Package with In-Store Amplifier Installation
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine...ion/9999300000000494.p?skuId=9999300000000494

- And give a try to these Infinity REF-3032CFX

Let me know what you think.
Thanks

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Last year I went to a iPhone 13, after nothing but Android phones, I found out that the Bluetooth on my Samsung note max, isn't as good, as the iPhone's, working on my 7 inch screen.
The Bluetooth sounds and works, I have no volume drop off, when using the iPhone.

Last edited:

jollycj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jolly
Has anyone ordered from this company yet??
i placed an order a couple weeks ago , they cancelled two days ago. Message I received below

PSS23WRA-THRNS
PSS-23WRA T-HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled

PSS23WRA-MNHRNS
PSS-23WRA MAIN HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled

catabler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
same for me! 👎🏽

i placed an order a couple weeks ago , they cancelled two days ago. Message I received below

PSS23WRA-THRNS
PSS-23WRA T-HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled

PSS23WRA-MNHRNS
PSS-23WRA MAIN HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled
Sponsored