Plug and Play amp upgrade to basic system

catabler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Are we out of options?? I can’t seem to find anywhere else to buy from.

i placed an order a couple weeks ago , they cancelled two days ago. Message I received below

PSS23WRA-THRNS
PSS-23WRA T-HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled

PSS23WRA-MNHRNS
PSS-23WRA MAIN HARNESS NLA From Manufacturer - item is cancelled
Sponsored

MoparMari

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JL
Are we out of options?? I can’t seem to find anywhere else to buy from.
Just emailed net audio to find out if any of their t-harnesses will work for this setup. I was told this will work but ughhh that price compared to what pac parts was offering before is painful. Net Audio T-harness

WillysJLU2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Haven't installed yet, but I purchased the following and think it should work out pretty nice.

PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41(R.2) - Allows for future audio upgrades - $280
Alpine PSU-300CRA - model for Toyota Corolla but includes all the wiring with the Alpine PWE-S8 and KTP-445U - $330

Now I'm just looking for a mounting solution and think I might try the JL Audio SBA-J-JLU-UAR - not sure if line up correct with the PWE-S8 to mount and/or there will be enough clearance under the seat.

If any one has any other mounting suggestions please let me know! Thanks

Sponsored

jollycj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jolly

S7daywknd

First Name
Desmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
OK, what a weekend. Spent most of it trying to connect the KTP-445U with this harness
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/2751592851...88&osub=-1~1&crd=20230322043625&segname=11304 ) At the end of it all, no sound coming out of amp, bummer!!! I am hoping someone can help me out.

I cut the RCA's and connected to the output leads (from head unit) provided by the harness. This plugged into the input side of amp. Connected output wires (from amp) to input speaker wires to harness. Connected Power (yellow) and ground to plug and connected to harness power output plug. Ran blue/white accessory wire (input side of amp) to keyed 12v next to powered window switches (blue/white output line from amp not connected to anything.) After several hours of connecting and reconnecting, reading articles and trying to figure out why no sound, I decided to check voltage to amp from HU and got 12v but wasn't getting it at plug to amp. I opened the inline fuse holder on yellow power line and nothing was in there, no fuse. So, quick trip to auto parts store (they didn't have small fuse I needed) I bought another fuse holder and spliced it in. Now I was getting 2v. I cut the power line plug from harness as it may be a plug issue and connected it direct to power line (yellow to yellow) voltage good but still no sound. At this point I think the amp is bad or I need to install 47ohm resistors on the speakers lines. Thoughts?

Side note: I have a base 5" Uconnect HU with upgraded dash and sound bar speakers. I also installed a 8" sub under driver seat. Came off the high frequency before the amp. Sub works great.

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
OK, what a weekend. Spent most of it trying to connect the KTP-445U with this harness
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/2751592851...88&osub=-1~1&crd=20230322043625&segname=11304 ) At the end of it all, no sound coming out of amp, bummer!!! I am hoping someone can help me out.

I cut the RCA's and connected to the output leads (from head unit) provided by the harness. This plugged into the input side of amp. Connected output wires (from amp) to input speaker wires to harness. Connected Power (yellow) and ground to plug and connected to harness power output plug. Ran blue/white accessory wire (input side of amp) to keyed 12v next to powered window switches (blue/white output line from amp not connected to anything.) After several hours of connecting and reconnecting, reading articles and trying to figure out why no sound, I decided to check voltage to amp from HU and got 12v but wasn't getting it at plug to amp. I opened the inline fuse holder on yellow power line and nothing was in there, no fuse. So, quick trip to auto parts store (they didn't have small fuse I needed) I bought another fuse holder and spliced it in. Now I was getting 2v. I cut the power line plug from harness as it may be a plug issue and connected it direct to power line (yellow to yellow) voltage good but still no sound. At this point I think the amp is bad or I need to install 47ohm resistors on the speakers lines. Thoughts?

Side note: I have a base 5" Uconnect HU with upgraded dash and sound bar speakers. I also installed a 8" sub under driver seat. Came off the high frequency before the amp. Sub works great.
If I’m not mistaken anything that doesn’t have the Alpine Amp as a factory option, NEEDS resistors or the factory Headunit is going to cut the signal going to that speaker.
Main reason why I haven’t done any amp upgrades.
I’m considering just doing the stinger Heigh10 unit to skip all the hassle
Sponsored