ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

To be fair I just like a bright white vehicle lol.

That being said I do think the other more vibrant colored vehicles look great. Had Tuscadero or Bikini been available I would’ve done it. I actually really like the Sarge green color but I hate how it looks with the rubicon red accents. That color should come standard with the bronze 392 accents and gray dash.

Last edited:

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs

That being said I do think the other more vibrant colored vehicles look great. Had Tuscadero or Bikini been available I would’ve done it. I actually really like the Sarge green color but I hate how it looks with the rubicon red accents. That color should come standard with the bronze 392 accents r
Yep we have a 2018 JLUR in Ocean Blue and had to strip the red outlined decals and so forth off within weeks and put pixel decals on to replace. aaaah much better now.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I heard they will start sending the Jeeps out to the customers unpainted early next month and when the paint comes in they'll just send you out a bucket of the color of your choice and a 9" roller along with a 2" and a 1/2" brush so you can paint it yourself
Not everyone has an air compressor so they chose this route
Just a rumor I'm sure 😉

Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I heard they will start sending the Jeeps out to the customers unpainted early next month and when the paint comes in they'll just send you out a bucket of the color of your choice and a 9" roller along with a 2" and a 1/2" brush so you can paint it yourself
Not everyone has an air compressor so they chose this route
Just a rumor I'm sure 😉
"That's No Joke Folks!" 😉

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
I was at my dealership today. I was getting ready to pick up my Earl Wrangler
I was told lucky as they can only order black, white, silver and gray as of last week
has anyone else heard this.
crazy. Has something to do with pigments or something.
I ordered a Pumk'n Rubicon 4xe on Saturday

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Are we looking at the catalyst for the new stainless steel Wranglorean?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I'm not doubting you at all, Geronimo, but just curious: why would that be? What is causing a sudden shortage of paint pigments? Were a lot of them coming from Russia, maybe?

But now that you mention it, I had a hard time earlier this past summer in finding water-based polyurethane for a project I was working on. I would have used Varathane, as I've used before, but I couldn't find it at Lowes or Home Depot (or anywhere else in Anchorage, for that matter), and had to settle for the Behr version.
Prices were really climbing on paint this summer. We purchased an industrial polyurethane for our bus project, just a simple light desaturated green, and it was $600 per gallon. luckily we only needed 2 gallons, and luckily my wife's father retired from sherwin williams after 40 years, so we got a massive discount.

That being said I do think the other more vibrant colored vehicles look great. Had Tuscadero or Bikini been available I would’ve done it. I actually really like the Sarge green color but I hate how it looks with the rubicon red accents. That color should come standard with the bronze 392 accents and gray dash.
YES THIS. I would have loved the bronze decals on ours. Haven't decided if I'm removing the decals when I get ours home, or what.

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
The dealers won’t even notice. All they order is white, black and silver. An assortment of grays. That’s it ! They probably just discontinued all the colors because nobody’s ordering them. Was just at the car lots this weekend with my beautiful green Mojito Jeep. It was a sea of black and white.
Proud to be one of the non-gray :jk:

Jeep Wrangler JL Paint colors not available?? 1667319008417

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I was at my dealership today. I was getting ready to pick up my Earl Wrangler
I was told lucky as they can only order black, white, silver and gray as of last week
has anyone else heard this.
crazy. Has something to do with pigments or something.

I've been waiting for the 23 Ram configurator. Keep seeing the price go up daily. Ordered 23 Ram on 11-4 without configurator. Told no GT, no Sport Appearance, no 5.7 without ETorque, colors available: Black, Delmonico, Patriate Blue, White & Ivory White Tri-Coat. Went Ivory even though I've never seen it . Times are really weird, hope things start getting better 11-8-22. PS just trying to get my ice buckets while I still can.
Sponsored