Oracle Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights

JBGobi

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Hey all, desperate for some help here. I have recently installed the Oracle Lighting for my rear bumper, on my 2022 4xe. I am hoping to use these for a light when my back up camera is on. As any of you who have installed this knows, the process is way more complicated than it should be as you need to take the entire back bumper off. After doing this, and then putting it all back together I CANT GET THE LIGHTS TO WORK! Please help! I have T tapped the black wire to the black wire in the tail light, but I cannot get it to work with the back up camera no matter which wire I tap the other wire on to. The lights work, as I was able to tap it to the running and parking light, but no matter what I do, it will not work with my reverse lights. Which wire should it be on the left and right sides? I have pretty much tried them all, and have watched all videos I can find. I'm beyond frustrated here. For reference, these are the lights : HERE
Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
Do you have the trailer tow package? If so I used the center white with orange wire for the positive and drilled a hole for the ground wire near the trailer wiring. That worked out pretty well and was ez to get to.

OP
OP

JBGobi

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
No, I do not have a tow package.

Eznk

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - 1948 Willys Delivery

Sponsored

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Last edited:

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Word of advice, seal the lights up with some silicone. They are prone to water intrusion.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Word of advice, seal the lights up with some silicone. They are prone to water intrusion.
My word of advice.... Do yourself a favor (If you have a trailer hitch) and just go with the @Diode Dynamics, Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights TbTbjLF

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...unt-led-pod-kit-the-best-5-minute-mod.103255/

Installs in about 5 minutes. Pretty much any guy or gal can easily install.

Gives you that additional b/u lighting you seek and no fit or moisture issues and no removing bumper and dealing with cutting into / bastardizing factory wiring.

I used to install the rear bumper LED reverse lights for other's but after being faced with all the install headaches involved and then having the guy/gal not be happy with the problematic offering... well, now a days, I tell people no way will I install them for you and here's why.. AND, then tell them to go with the @Diode Dynamics which is not problematic and easy to install themself if they want to do themselves.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

My word of advice.... Do yourself a favor (If you have a trailer hitch) and just go with the @Diode Dynamics, Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights TbTbjLF

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...unt-led-pod-kit-the-best-5-minute-mod.103255/

Installs in about 5 minutes. Pretty much any guy or gal can easily install.

Gives you that additional b/u lighting you seek and no fit or moisture issues and no removing bumper and dealing with cutting into / bastardizing factory wiring.

I used to install the rear bumper LED reverse lights for other's but after being faced with all the install headaches involved and then having the guy/gal not be happy with the problematic offering... well, now a days, I tell people no way will I install them for you and here's why.. AND, then tell them to go with the @Diode Dynamics which is not problematic and easy to install themself if they want to do themselves.

That’s a nice option, but I prefer the Oracles for my own reasons. The intrusion is easily remedied with some silicone. I hit mine with a pressure washer regularly and haven’t had any issues.

Eznk

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - 1948 Willys Delivery
I wish I had seen this prior to my install. I do have one with condensation in the light housing.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I wish I had seen this prior to my install. I do have one with condensation in the light housing.
I found you can drill two small holes, one on the top one on the bottom of the light and use compressed air to blow them out. Seal around the housing where it meets the bumper with silicone, let the light dry out the rest of the way for a day or two then seal the holes up with silicone as well.

Zoopy123

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
That’s a nice option, but I prefer the Oracles for my own reasons. The intrusion is easily remedied with some silicone. I hit mine with a pressure washer regularly and haven’t had any issues.
Where do you place the silicone exactly? I have them installed but no water in them yet

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Where do you place the silicone exactly? I have them installed but no water in them yet
Around the perimeter where they meet the bumper, so when they are installed and you are looking at the bumper you’ll see that slight gap around the lights. Seal that up. I used RTV.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Hey all, desperate for some help here. I have recently installed the Oracle Lighting for my rear bumper, on my 2022 4xe. I am hoping to use these for a light when my back up camera is on. As any of you who have installed this knows, the process is way more complicated than it should be as you need to take the entire back bumper off. After doing this, and then putting it all back together I CANT GET THE LIGHTS TO WORK! Please help! I have T tapped the black wire to the black wire in the tail light, but I cannot get it to work with the back up camera no matter which wire I tap the other wire on to. The lights work, as I was able to tap it to the running and parking light, but no matter what I do, it will not work with my reverse lights. Which wire should it be on the left and right sides? I have pretty much tried them all, and have watched all videos I can find. I'm beyond frustrated here. For reference, these are the lights : HERE
double check the wire tap , that it is in deed cut into the correct (green) backup light wire, also make sure the plug and play harness from Orale is pushed in all the way and it CLICKS, this happened to me as well, it was not pushed in all the way to the end and one side of the wire , the jumper- T tap was not cut into/spliced into the backup wire completely , take your time and double check .
Sponsored