Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
FIrstly, a few annoyances:
1. The wiring is not long enough to reach inside the rear light clusters more than a couple of inches, so I had to extend the wiring.
2. The wiring clips that come with the kit are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
3. The instructional link stated on the box goes to a dead link and I tried it several times!

The lights themselves are GREAT! Well done on the design and fit/finish, very impressed.

You're going to need to remove the rear bumper and the metal piece that runs along it, don't follow the video, it's impossible to get to the screw or the clip without removing the bumper and the metal strengthening piece. I found the best way to wire it was to splice both lights together and then run to a single light. I spliced into the factory wiring: white with brown stripe for the red (it's actually more orange than red but it's described as red) and the black wire to a ground. Expect it to take about 2 hours, mine took several hours because I had to go back and forth to figure out the best way of doing it.

Enjoys the pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL 5A2EA651-89BE-4849-AE32-7AA9F0B5A8A7.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8636

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8637

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8641

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8642

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8645

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8647

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle LED Reverse lights INSTALL IMG_8648
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yorkie3621

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
No negative reflection to your reply, but...

Yep. I’ve read that post on the install and I see your point, however, your way of doing it without removing the bumper involves smashing the current reflectors and installing the new LED lights without the screw to firmly hold them in place. Sorry, but that seems like the easy way but not the right way. I prefer to take my time and do it right, rather than use goop and break things off. To each his own