First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
So am I the only one seeing that the BSM "zone" has been moved from stock to 6' behind the vehicle? Only intermittent signals appearing from any vehicle along side.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
My uncle traded his willy for a 392 so he pulled his oracles off and gave them to me. Super happy, the reverse lights are damn near blinding. Huge upgrade from the oracle blacked out LED lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle flush mount tail lights!!! 0F433159-460C-47F3-9E46-858074DF40D0

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
Do they work better than the gladiator version? Seems half of them the running light doesn't work

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Do they work better than the gladiator version? Seems half of them the running light doesn't work
Running light? If you mean the parking light function, the LEDs are reassuringly bright.

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of mount is that for your gas can? And do you like it? I’ve been looking for a good mount for mine.
Trailrax, it's awesome. There's options for what you want to mount and it's very sturdy.

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
Running light? If you mean the parking light function, the LEDs are reassuringly bright.
No like only the brake light/turn signal works... Otherwise it's off when running.

Still waiting for the warranty replacement that I had to pay shipping for

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
No like only the brake light/turn signal works... Otherwise it's off when running.

Still waiting for the warranty replacement that I had to pay shipping for
Ah. Only functional part of the time.

Possibly it's a matter of crossed wires on the connector, which was mentioned earlier in this thread (or one of the related ones; there are several.) Well, good luck when the new one arrives.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For all that have installed the Oracle flush mount tail light offering for JL or a JT..... DO, When you get a chance, pull each Oracle tail light and check the hardware on them.

Seems the el-cheapo Chinese crapola hardware that Oracle used in the lamps is very prone to rusting.

I installed my Oracles flush mounts in March of 2022 and yesterday 12/22/22, when I pulled each tail light to change out the panels with a different design panel, (Tread design) I found quite a few screws with rust on them. (there are 11 screws total in the light) Also found a screw retainer on each light eally rusted up.

I cleaned up the rusty parts and painted them.... then reinstalled the tail lights.

If anyone is interested in custom design replacement panels to replace the really fuggly looking, Oracle logo panel on the Oracle Flush Mounts, @Threedom has replacement panels... Threedom has over 70 different designs available. Look here..

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle flush mount tail lights!!! 20221222_142140

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle flush mount tail lights!!! 20221222_142121

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
For all that have installed the Oracle flush mount tail light offering for JL or a JT..... DO, When you get a chance, pull each Oracle tail light and check the hardware on them.

Seems the el-cheapo Chinese crapola hardware that Oracle used in the lamps is very prone to rusting.

I installed my Oracles flush mounts in March of 2022 and yesterday 12/22/22, when I pulled each tail light to change out the panels with a different design panel, (Tread design) I found quite a few screws with rust on them. (there are 11 screws total in the light) Also found a screw retainer on each light eally rusted up.

I cleaned up the rusty parts and painted them.... then reinstalled the tail lights.

If anyone is interested in custom design replacement panels to replace the really fuggly looking, Oracle logo panel on the Oracle Flush Mounts, @Threedom has replacement panels... Threedom has over 70 different designs available. Look here..

Hey! Just to update you we did change the hardware on this product after feedback from our customers. Thank you and the tail lights look great!

Merry Christmas!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
The Chinese have generally had an issue with piss poor plating processes. I spent most of the day yesterday replacing screws (Chinese made) on some motors that were returned for rust on the screw recesses. Funny thing is the motors were made here, shipped to China and returned by the Chinese due to their lousy plating on the screws:)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Those blank spots look like a great place for an additional brake or reverse light for those that don’t have blind spot sensors.

@ORACLElights, is there any way you can offer that as on option?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The Chinese have generally had an issue with piss poor plating processes. I spent most of the day yesterday replacing screws (Chinese made) on some motors that were returned for rust on the screw recesses. Funny thing is the motors were made here, shipped to China and returned by the Chinese due to their lousy plating on the screws:)
Yes, they (China) do have hardware plating shortcomings...

As for my earlier post about the screws rusting. It was meant as a heads up so to speak, so guys/gals were aware .... and could address the screws, screw retainer brackets if necessary... A little cleanup and some paint addresses the issue.

Geeeez, the Oracle flush mounts for JL/JT look great!

Here are Oracle flush mounts on a JT.... notice it has a Threedom HD replacement panel on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle flush mount tail lights!!! JT_Taillight_-19

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So am I the only one seeing that the BSM "zone" has been moved from stock to 6' behind the vehicle? Only intermittent signals appearing from any vehicle along side.
I was going to ask about the blind detection zone, since the sensor seems to be more out on the side and possibly even partially forward facing on the OEM. I love the clean look of those lights. But, I'm likely going to stick with OE due to this issue. Not sure who was in charge of making the tails on the OE at Jeep, but they missed the boat.
Sponsored