Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Tide
Hello, Does anyone know if you can fit a 38" Ridge Grappler (Load C) on a Rubicon with a 2.5" Clayton lift?

Any idea if this will fit with the Mopar tire carrier/tail gate reinforcement kit that comes with the XR Package?
Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Im running 38" RGs on a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift. You will have to clearance a few things.

1.) The rear pinch seams will need to be trimmed
2.) You will most definitely need to split your Rubicon fenders or run some other highline fender. Im using the Bushwacker Hyperform highline fenders.
3.) At full lock and when my tire is fully stuffed, it will rub the edge of the grill (just found this out wheeling this past weekend)
4.) Ideally you would want to run a 3.5" backspacing wheel. I am running 4.5" and the tires rub the LCAs at full lock. This would also solve the grill rubbing issue.

Im not sure about your tire carrier. I run the Teraflex setup and have no issues.

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I have them on my diesel on a 2.5” AEV lift with JK spec AEV Borah beadlocks, stock flares. No issues wheeling except the rear plastic liner touches under full stuff. Also using the Teraflex tire carrier and Rugged Ridge hinges.

2C75D766-C358-4FA7-9DBE-9F4B3186A468.jpeg

5E9F4F68-74D6-4C87-AC7A-13D5157B1DA9.jpeg

4F23F71B-66B8-4AA5-8072-62EAFAD651AB.jpeg

ADD531B3-887F-41FE-A4F5-90A0894C0590.jpeg

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys...the original plan was to go with the 37 KO2 Load C's which I might stick with as this is the Wife's jeep. I'll save the 38 Ridge Grapplers for my Gladiator and go with the 3.5" clayton lift when the time comes :)

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Watch this:

Considering those for the next set. Running 37" KO's D rated on my 22 JLURD with the Mopar lift and Mopar bead locks. Just running trim rings and nothing touches.

Sponsored

cseaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 SQ5
For anyone else that does a bunch of searching and may stumble on this thread, I committed to the 38x12.5 RG. Very happy with them, but I have to admit I felt more of an impact from the weight of these coming from 37" Hankook Dynapro XTs than I did the stock KO2s to the 37s. The Ecodiesel still does well, and averaged 20mpg at 70-75, but you can definitely feel them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler CA55200A-D6AD-4316-9FE3-0EA830D88DAE.JPG

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone else that does a bunch of searching and may stumble on this thread, I committed to the 38x12.5 RG. Very happy with them, but I have to admit I felt more of an impact from the weight of these coming from 37" Hankook Dynapro XTs than I did the stock KO2s to the 37s. The Ecodiesel still does well, and averaged 20mpg at 70-75, but you can definitely feel them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler CA55200A-D6AD-4316-9FE3-0EA830D88DAE.JPG
What lift are you running? Any rubbing? Tried an RTI ramp?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
pretty sure the guys from @Artec had a set of those 38" RGs on their JT at Safari and were saying they had a little rubbing on the (Artec) fender liners with them.
i don't remember what wheels they were using; you might want to check with them for details.

Thanks guys...the original plan was to go with the 37 KO2 Load C's which I might stick with as this is the Wife's jeep. I'll save the 38 Ridge Grapplers for my Gladiator and go with the 3.5" clayton lift when the time comes :)

cseaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 SQ5
What lift are you running? Any rubbing? Tried an RTI ramp?
So I bought and installed an Eibach 2" suspension lift that barely lifted the thing from stock; had just purchased the JLURD and didn't take the time to do the research to land on a diesel-specific kit. Added a 3/4" spacer f&r after I did steel bumpers/winch.

It MIGHT be lifted 1" higher than a stock JLURD in current configuration. Do get some light rubbing from the rear, nothing from the front. It's currently at the shop getting a 2.5" Readylift SST kit on; removing the 3/4" spacers and adding shock extensions for the Eibach shocks.

If I were to go back and do it all over again, and prepared for 38s instead of 37s, I would recommend a minimum of 2.5" suspension lift to be able to wheel this tire. I can DD it like this without any issues, but haven't had the nerve to take it offroad until this added lift is done today. I am pretty sure I'd wreck the front fenders.

On the contrary, it went to Moab on the Hankook 37s without a single issue in the world, so if you're content on those, it might be worth avoiding the headache I gave myself jumping up an inch.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I bought and installed an Eibach 2" suspension lift that barely lifted the thing from stock; had just purchased the JLURD and didn't take the time to do the research to land on a diesel-specific kit. Added a 3/4" spacer f&r after I did steel bumpers/winch.

It MIGHT be lifted 1" higher than a stock JLURD in current configuration. Do get some light rubbing from the rear, nothing from the front. It's currently at the shop getting a 2.5" Readylift SST kit on; removing the 3/4" spacers and adding shock extensions for the Eibach shocks.

If I were to go back and do it all over again, and prepared for 38s instead of 37s, I would recommend a minimum of 2.5" suspension lift to be able to wheel this tire. I can DD it like this without any issues, but haven't had the nerve to take it offroad until this added lift is done today. I am pretty sure I'd wreck the front fenders.

On the contrary, it went to Moab on the Hankook 37s without a single issue in the world, so if you're content on those, it might be worth avoiding the headache I gave myself jumping up an inch.
Cool. I’m installing a Clayton 2.5” overland plus lift this weekend. Hoping I can clear these 38 nitto ridge grapplers without too much hassle.

cseaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 SQ5
Cool. I’m installing a Clayton 2.5” overland plus lift this weekend. Hoping I can clear these 38 nitto ridge grapplers without too much hassle.
Based off aerosynch's posts, I think you should be fine. If I could go back to day 1, I'd have done the same AEV 2.5" kit he has. But going to Moab taught me that I'm not into rock crawling or anything crazy, so anything that gets the clearance needed for truly typical Jeep use is enough for me. I'm sure the Clayton kit will serve you well.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I knew about these 38" Load Range C ridge grapplers before I bought my 37" Load Range E ridge grapplers.

1" bigger, 2 pounds lighter :facepalm:

Oh well, at least I know what to buy next time I need tires, which at the 20k miles a year I drive my Jeep, shouldn't take too long.

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 & 23 392, 23 JT, BMW M5, BMW X7, Denali 3500
Running 38 12.5 Ridge Grapplers on stock XR wheels (non beadlock config). A little different situation as it's a 392 with 3.5 inch rock krawler springs and end links, Clayton arms (overland plus) and track bars, fox shocks and ATS stabilizer, metal cloak bumps. Coming from 37 BFG's (one set of KO2's and one set of KM3's).

Overall: They are very heavy - took a ton of weight to balance and I still have one that isn't quite all the way balanced yet. Similar road noise to the KO2's - they are very quiet. Running them at 28psi and the ride quality is good but does feel a little more "floaty" vs 37 BFG's. They would not fit on my factory reinforced tire carrier. Installed the teraflex Atlas carrier on the factory reinforced and relocated tailgate and they fit perfect - could fit a 39 on on there I think.

Only have about 800 miles on this one so far and no trail runs yet to report performance there, but so far pretty happy with road manners and ride comfort. I slightly regret not getting the 39" KM3's at this point (slightly) - bit of a BFG fan so it was tough to take the leap to try these. Drummond Island Michigan end of July so will have more feedback after we really test 'em.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 10.07.49 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.42 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.28.20 PM

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.59 PM.png

OP
OP

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running 38 12.5 Ridge Grapplers on stock XR wheels (non beadlock config). A little different situation as it's a 392 with 3.5 inch rock krawler springs and end links, Clayton arms (overland plus) and track bars, fox shocks and ATS stabilizer, metal cloak bumps. Coming from 37 BFG's (one set of KO2's and one set of KM3's).

Overall: They are very heavy - took a ton of weight to balance and I still have one that isn't quite all the way balanced yet. Similar road noise to the KO2's - they are very quiet. Running them at 28psi and the ride quality is good but does feel a little more "floaty" vs 37 BFG's. They would not fit on my factory reinforced tire carrier. Installed the teraflex Atlas carrier on the factory reinforced and relocated tailgate and they fit perfect - could fit a 39 on on there I think.

Only have about 800 miles on this one so far and no trail runs yet to report performance there, but so far pretty happy with road manners and ride comfort. I slightly regret not getting the 39" KM3's at this point (slightly) - bit of a BFG fan so it was tough to take the leap to try these. Drummond Island Michigan end of July so will have more feedback after we really test 'em.

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.59 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL Nitto 38" Load C Ridge Grappler Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.59 PM

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.59 PM.png
I think the main issue was probably keeping those XR wheels. They weigh a ton, 41lbs a piece. With something like the Method 316 wheels at 26lbs I’m sure it would feel much different.
Sponsored