Sponsored

C Rated 38x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grappler

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
Running KMC machete beadlocks 3.5BS. I was contemplating changing to non beadlock wheel with 4.75BS, method 703's, but didn't want to gamble on rubbing and future plans etc.

I would say 4.5BS at minnimum you would want to run for no rubbing if you wheel. I read someone running 4.75BS with the 38 pats which is a bit wider in 13.5 that rubs on the lower control arms when flexed/turned. But no two jeeps flex the same haha
I appreciate the info. I went through a lot of trial and error to clear everything on my JK. Since the JL is new to me I have to start all over. I know the JL axles are slightly wider than the JKs. I don't like spacers or short backspace wheels if I don't have to run them, so if I can get away with 4.5 that will be great. Also considering going 72" wide Fusion 60 axles but on the fence about that. The better I made my JK for the rocks the worse it got on the road. I want to avoid that with the JL so trying to decide what compromise I will be willing to live with. I'm 90 minutes from Moab so I get to wheel every weekend if I want to. But I still have to drive there. I think the Ridge Grapplers will be perfect for the dry climate and slickrock we have out here while also being decent road tires.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I appreciate the info. I went through a lot of trial and error to clear everything on my JK. Since the JL is new to me I have to start all over. I know the JL axles are slightly wider than the JKs. I don't like spacers or short backspace wheels if I don't have to run them, so if I can get away with 4.5 that will be great. Also considering going 72" wide Fusion 60 axles but on the fence about that. The better I made my JK for the rocks the worse it got on the road. I want to avoid that with the JL so trying to decide what compromise I will be willing to live with. I'm 90 minutes from Moab so I get to wheel every weekend if I want to. But I still have to drive there. I think the Ridge Grapplers will be perfect for the dry climate and slickrock we have out here while also being decent road tires.
Well said and agree with everything above. I had 37 " cooper SST pro's on the same wheels before and they were great offroad but lacked everything else haha

So far these ridge grapplers have been a godsend. The coopers wore funky and started to drive horrid. I've been looking at the dynatrac 60/80 setup and probably will go 68.5. When I get to that point will have to rethink a few things. 72" is really wide and cons outway the benefits for my intended use. I use the jeep as a swiss army knife, good at everything but master of none.

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
Well said and agree with everything above. I had 37 " cooper SST pro's on the same wheels before and they were great offroad but lacked everything else haha

So far these ridge grapplers have been a godsend. The coopers wore funky and started to drive horrid. I've been looking at the dynatrac 60/80 setup and probably will go 68.5. When I get to that point will have to rethink a few things. 72" is really wide and cons outway the benefits for my intended use. I use the jeep as a swiss army knife, good at everything but master of none.
The Ridge Grapplers are my #2 choice. I have 37" BFG KM3s on my JK and wanted to go 39" on the JL but it seems BFG can't say when, or if, they'll restart production on the 39s.

72" is wide but the benefit is that you can run 40s on a 4.75 backspace wheel and tuck it back in instead of having to run 3.5 backspace to clear everything. That keeps the scrub radius in check. But the stance is wider than factory and I am worried about those tight squeeze places but having that little extra off camber stability will make up for it. I'm really having to think about proper scrub radius since I can't get a PSC kit for the diesel. I have the Big Bore kit on my JK and it is my favorite mod. I'm not inclined to tap a factory box for the Redneck Ram just yet.

OP
OP
hoag4147

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The Ridge Grapplers are my #2 choice. I have 37" BFG KM3s on my JK and wanted to go 39" on the JL but it seems BFG can't say when, or if, they'll restart production on the 39s.

72" is wide but the benefit is that you can run 40s on a 4.75 backspace wheel and tuck it back in instead of having to run 3.5 backspace to clear everything. That keeps the scrub radius in check. But the stance is wider than factory and I am worried about those tight squeeze places but having that little extra off camber stability will make up for it. I'm really having to think about proper scrub radius since I can't get a PSC kit for the diesel. I have the Big Bore kit on my JK and it is my favorite mod. I'm not inclined to tap a factory box for the Redneck Ram just yet.
yup all valid points and like I said will have to think about it when the time comes. Totally understand about the tight trails, I’ve ran a few up in the sierras and the trees are close lol

Ive been trying to do some modifications that will work in the future too like king bumps anti rocks etc. might pull the trigger on the PSC kit sooner rather than later to help alleviate some issues I’m having with the crappy steering.

You can always buy a used box from guys swapping to psc if you don’t want to tap your original. I’ve actually seen a few for sale recently on the inter webs.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Anyone have any snow and ice reviews with this tire?
I have been running RG's on my JK 285-75-17 for two sets (almost 100k) and Her 21 JLURD has a set of 35-12.5-18 and they are good in snow. Not as good a Blizzak or a Hakkapeliitta when it comes to ice but you just have to be more cautious. Was going to go 37 but might go this way. Really liking the C rating. Stay tuned.

cseaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 SQ5
any more feedback on this tire in 38x12.5x17?

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Because of availability I ended up with 37" KO2's After dealing with DW after 36k, I'm thinking that 37" is the biggest I will go.

cseaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 SQ5
For anyone else that does a bunch of searching and may stumble on this thread, I committed to the 38x12.5 RG. Very happy with them, but I have to admit I felt more of an impact from the weight of these coming from 37" Hankook Dynapro XTs than I did the stock KO2s to the 37s. The Ecodiesel still does well, and averaged 20mpg at 70-75, but you can definitely feel them.

Jeep Wrangler JL C Rated 38x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grappler CA55200A-D6AD-4316-9FE3-0EA830D88DAE.JPG

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, they’re on and they are exactly what I’ve been waiting for in my “perfect” tire; tall, normal width, hybrid tread, and soft compound/load range.
3BA187CB-955C-4D9C-A893-B97D8301B51F.jpeg

E8FD4CA4-BD41-4948-B75D-265739ED7812.jpeg
E29428AF-D06C-4E7A-9B7E-39F4CF36A8D5.jpeg

Teraflex ST3 3.5” Suspension, because someone will ask. Also, they measure 36.5” mounted at 30psi.

96EA4E85-B1CB-43AB-949C-A854DE515FA6.jpeg
I'm confused... the 38" RG is smaller than the 37" RG??

My 37's are 36.6", these 38's are 36.5?

Edit: nevermind, just found the actual spec for the 38, it's listed at 37.76". Your jeep was I guess just smashing an inch out of it.
Sponsored