New and considering Wrangler

Rgreer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ram ecodiesel
Hey guys I’ve got a 2015 ram ecodiesel and have been thinking about trading in on a new unlimited. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions on the new wranglers are, hows the reliability and major problems you are having? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I say do it!! You won’t regret it!

In terms of issues, there will be issues down the line with anything. You’ll be fine!

It’s a lifestyle choice man I hope you’re ready!

And wave damnit!

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Having a full-sized truck vs our JLU is night and day difference on maneuverability. Whether it's crawling on a trail or at the mall you'll appreciate the Jeep. If you still need a truck bed and can wait for a few months then come join us over at the Gladiator forum! :like:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are several threads on issues including electronics, steering, door drips, etc. Look under this section or the technical section. Keep in mind the number of complaints you will read on here and the near hysteria of some of how bad FCA/Jeep/Wrangler are represent just a small number of people who have bought JLs over the last year or two.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Never personally owned a pickup truck but I've driven and ridden in several over many years. The newer ones (like yours probably) are quite refined and are a pretty smooth ride (depending on payload capacity of course). IMO there's not much of a difference in ride quality of a JL compared to the 1/2 ton and up trucks, 1/4 ton tend to be smoother. Less hauling and interior space of course, but I'm sure you know that. Way easier to maneuver and ridiculously more fun to drive!

PS - I'm closing in on 5,000 miles and have had no problems or dealer visits (actually haven't even changed the oil yet :blush:).

OP
OP

Rgreer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ram ecodiesel
Thanks for the replies! My truck is great but there’s a lot of negative revolving around the ecodiesel, so that made me a little nervous. I’m really trying to hold out for the ecodiesel settlement before I go pull the plug on a new vehicle. But the Jeep is at the top of the list, I do like the gladiator as well... thanks again I’ll keep y’all posted!

Husker98

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1500 ram
I am in the same exact boat. Have a 2016 ecodiesel and am waiting for the money to trade it in and buy a JLUR.

IowaRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Never personally owned a pickup truck but I've driven and ridden in several over many years. The newer ones (like yours probably) are quite refined and are a pretty smooth ride (depending on payload capacity of course). IMO there's not much of a difference in ride quality of a JL compared to the 1/2 ton and up trucks, 1/4 ton tend to be smoother. Less hauling and interior space of course, but I'm sure you know that. Way easier to maneuver and ridiculously more fun to drive!

PS - I'm closing in on 5,000 miles and have had no problems or dealer visits (actually haven't even changed the oil yet :blush:).
Yeah my JLU rides like a truck my JK 2 door road like a bouncy house!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never had an issue out of mine but all these horror stories are a little unnerving
Welcome to the forum....don’t let all the horror stories influence your decision. It’s a new model year for wrangler, so there’s going to be bumps in the road. Just remember almost all the problems that you hear about have been, or are in the process of being fixed. I haven’t heard of anyone that gave it back or exercised the lemon law on one, it may have happened somewhere but I haven’t heard about it. The fact that you’re aware it might not go smoothly when you get your Jeep, gives you a huge advantage buying one. You have the confidence of knowing whatever happens it will be fixed, no matter what.....:)

OP
OP

Rgreer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ram ecodiesel
Welcome to the forum....don’t let all the horror stories influence your decision. It’s a new model year for wrangler, so there’s going to be bumps in the road. Just remember almost all the problems that you hear about have been, or are in the process of being fixed. I haven’t heard of anyone that gave it back or exercised the lemon law on one, it may have happened somewhere but I haven’t heard about it. The fact that you’re aware it might not go smoothly when you get your Jeep, gives you a huge advantage buying one. You have the confidence of knowing whatever happens it will be fixed, no matter what.....:)
The horror stories I mentioned were about the ecodiesel lol, I’ve owned 2 jeeps before but they were just weekenders lol had a 65 CJ 5 and a 78 CJ 7. Im just curious about everyone’s opinions on New Jeeps thanks again!

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I could never completely give up my truck. I need a truck bed. But like you I am also new to the Jeep Wrangler community. I'm a little nervous about buying an FCA product but I'm also willing to work on it if I need to.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the replies! My truck is great but there’s a lot of negative revolving around the ecodiesel, so that made me a little nervous. I’m really trying to hold out for the ecodiesel settlement before I go pull the plug on a new vehicle. But the Jeep is at the top of the list, I do like the gladiator as well... thanks again I’ll keep y’all posted!
And yet so many people here can't wait to buy an EcoDiesel Wrangler. Lol.

If it's just the Diesel that has you spooked, and you still love the Ram, why not trade in for a Hemi?

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Jeeps are awesome man. I had to buy a truck to though I can’t do things I need to do without a truck bed. I’m curious what are the issues with the ecodiesel. My dad has a 2015 he’s pushing a 100k Miles no issues.
Sponsored