Sponsored

Mouse in glove box!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Interesting facts:
Female cats are typically better mousers than males.
Some cat breeds were bred to work as mousers.
The British government has an official office named "Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office" to manage rodent problems at Westminster.
This cat is a unbelievable hunter. She's probably 12-13 years old now and is still catching anything that moves in her area of operations. lol.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Gummy bears work very good on mouse traps. They are harder to get off than peanut butter.
If you use sugar-free Haribo gummy bears and if rodents digestive systems are anything like humans, they may die from intestinal distress. If they don't they will avoid your area for the rest of their life. Reading the comments on Amazon about these gummy bears will make you want to avoid them yourselves, but could be just the thing for your enemies.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Here in Chicago they actually trap feral cats and re-release them after fixing them so they do not reproduce.
I wish they would do that where I live. Instead, we have a bunch of “crazy cat ladies” who feed the feral cats, basically assuring that their numbers will increase. <sigh>

My guy is too lazy (and we’ll fed) for as much hunting as you describe, but he still brings his fair share of chipmunks and field mice to the front door. I actually had to remove the cat door to the outside because he kept bringing (live) chipmunks into the house. You know that scene in Christmas Vacation with the squirrel? I’ve lived that three times. (All three times I was eventually able to catch the thing with long barbecue tongs.) My dog, thankfully, did not destroy my house like in the movie. He did think it was great fun chasing them around and cornering them, though!

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Good luck on your hunt.
I keep my Camaro in my garage during the winter months for storage. I use Moth Balls under the hood and bounce dryer sheets for the interior and trunk. If you can't catch him, chase him out. I'd put a dryer sheet in your glovebox, one under the front seat, and one under the rear seat. You could probably put one in your airbox under the hood as well, though I've never tried that.

On a side note relative to an earlier post, I had read that car manufacturers were trying to go green by changing the wire coating/harness to some soy based material. Mice love this new tasty treat, but what a mess it creates. All sorts of electrical problems...

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Good luck on your hunt.
I keep my Camaro in my garage during the winter months for storage. I use Moth Balls under the hood and bounce dryer sheets for the interior and trunk. If you can't catch him, chase him out. I'd put a dryer sheet in your glovebox, one under the front seat, and one under the rear seat. You could probably put one in your airbox under the hood as well, though I've never tried that.

On a side note relative to an earlier post, I had read that car manufacturers were trying to go green by changing the wire coating/harness to some soy based material. Mice love this new tasty treat, but what a mess it creates. All sorts of electrical problems...
A couple of years ago, I had mice chew up some wiring on an Audi A6 I used to have. It had been parked outside for a couple of weeks...get in it for the first time and it was telling me a parking sensor wasn't working. Bring it in and the dealer charged me about a grand to fix up all of the wiring these critters chew through.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck on your hunt.

Yep, there is actually a class action lawsuit against Honda for this. Lots of people having their harnesses shredded by rodents.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they would do that where I live. Instead, we have a bunch of “crazy cat ladies” who feed the feral cats, basically assuring that their numbers will increase. <sigh>

My guy is too lazy (and we’ll fed) for as much hunting as you describe, but he still brings his fair share of chipmunks and field mice to the front door. I actually had to remove the cat door to the outside because he kept bringing (live) chipmunks into the house. You know that scene in Christmas Vacation with the squirrel? I’ve lived that three times. (All three times I was eventually able to catch the thing with long barbecue tongs.) My dog, thankfully, did not destroy my house like in the movie. He did think it was great fun chasing them around and cornering them, though!
I know a few "crazy cat ladies" who volunteer trapping the cats. You should see their cars! lol! I appreciate what they do. They bring them to the clinic to get them fixed and ears tipped then release them back onto the streets. A friend use to have a SERIOUS rat problem in his alley. They relocated 2 cats to the area along with a winter cat shelter. The rat population shrunk for sure.

The news reported a huge decline in rat populations in Chicago since the Covid19 pandemic. They said it was because restaurants were forced to close and there was less garbage for rats to feed on. The news report said rats actually started cannibalizing each other. I assume it's not urban myth because it was on the news. lol.

My friend's cat is black and white like yours. She's stalking a larger rodent. It got away though. They ended up living in harmony after a few scuffles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mouse in glove box! Tickles stalking

Jeep Wrangler JL Mouse in glove box! tickles

Last edited:

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I had just returned from a vacation where I drove my Jeep with a small trailer from California to Wyoming and back with a stop over in Elko, Nevada both ways. We got back Saturday and yesterday I was going to get the keys to unlock the hitch out of the glove box and as I opened it, there was a mouse starring back at me. I'll be honest, it scared the crap out of me! When it saw me, it went deeper into the glove box. I got some gloves and the wife with a trash bag and removed the glove box and dumped it into the trash bag. The mouse was not in bag! It must have escaped when I went to get the gloves. I put traps out last night, no luck. At least I found a way to keep my wife out of the Jeep.
Remember to have a camera around. You might become famous like these guys

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Well the little bastard is still in the Jeep. He decided to poop on my passenger seat sometime between last night and today. Trying different traps with different bait tonight. Also, I didn't mention that a human rodent stole my license plate while I was spending the night in Elko on my way to Wyoming. I spent a whole week with no plates except on the trailer when I was driving to and from.
I live in a rural area and mice are common around the barn and sometimes my garage. I use Tomcat plastic mouse traps with peanut butter, they seem to work well.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I leave my hood open with a light on at night, have a safe neighborhood. But a rodent problem, I use snap traps. I have a table in the back 40 where I take them, the neighborhood ravens love me. Over 30 in 2 months.
I volunteer at a wildlife rescue, it’s estimated feral cats kill 2 Billion birds a year. And sticky traps are a disaster for birds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the covered sticky traps, birds don't seem able to get into them. I think that the mouse fled, because there is no sign of it anymore. I have those ultrasonic rodent repellents plugged in in my garage and I think that they must be working since I put the baited traps on the ground next to the garage over the weekend and no mouse has entered.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bigger cats like from the zoo :LOL:
Those bigger cats better bring friends…LOTS of friends. And they better be some bad ass cats! Lol!

It's more like this...

Last edited:

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
I had just returned from a vacation where I drove my Jeep with a small trailer from California to Wyoming and back with a stop over in Elko, Nevada both ways. We got back Saturday and yesterday I was going to get the keys to unlock the hitch out of the glove box and as I opened it, there was a mouse starring back at me. I'll be honest, it scared the crap out of me! When it saw me, it went deeper into the glove box. I got some gloves and the wife with a trash bag and removed the glove box and dumped it into the trash bag. The mouse was not in bag! It must have escaped when I went to get the gloves. I put traps out last night, no luck. At least I found a way to keep my wife out of the Jeep.
I put one of those "have a heart" traps on the front mat. The next morning the mouse was in there eating the treats/bait I left. That's the only type of trap I recommend for inside the vehicle to be able to remove the mouse without having to clean up anything.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
I went camping/fishing at the Miracle Mile in Wyoming and when I got home I discovered a mouse nest on top of the battery, and some light scratches on a wire to my air compressor. No real damage though. I re-wrapped the wire.

The perpetrator was long gone. No new mouse house since then.
Sponsored