psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Well the little bastard is still in the Jeep. He decided to poop on my passenger seat sometime between last night and today. Trying different traps with different bait tonight. Also, I didn't mention that a human rodent stole my license plate while I was spending the night in Elko on my way to Wyoming. I spent a whole week with no plates except on the trailer when I was driving to and from.
Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Well the little bastard is still in the Jeep. He decided to poop on my passenger seat sometime between last night and today. Trying different traps with different bait tonight. Also, I didn't mention that a human rodent stole my license plate while I was spending the night in Elko on my way to Wyoming. I spent a whole week with no plates except on the trailer when I was driving to and from.
Wow, never thought of stealing a license plate. There is alot of cool personalized plates out there......nope, I think I will keep working for what I have.

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, never thought of stealing a license plate. There is alot of cool personalized plates out there......nope, I think I will keep working for what I have.
That's what the Police told me. The best quote I heard was from a Wyoming Sheriff. He said "Son that type of thing doesn't happen in Wyoming, especially with a California plate, nobody around here wants a California plate". I'm pretty sure it happened in Elko however. I don't think I stayed on the good side of town.

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Had a marmot hitch a ride under my Sportsmobile in Colorado a couple years back. Little guy got up underneath whilst I was out hiking and started chirping at me when I got back (sounded like the CO detector low on battery).

After I determined it was a stowaway (but couldn't see or reach him up above the gas tank), I tried to scare and lure him out in different ways, but I had to get moving. Stopped several times down the slow 4x4 road I was on, hoping he'd leave. He finally left ~60 miles later at a gas stop. People were looking at my van like "WTF?". Felt bad about it - poor little guy had to be terrified... he ran under another car and laid there shaking for a long time before we were able to coax him toward some trees off the lot.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Yeah, I have had mouse problems in my RV. I read somewhere that they hate Irish Spring soap so I have about a dozen boxes of it around the RV and it seems to work. I think I was most shocked because we just spent 15-20hrs in that Jeep over the last two days. I couldn't believe it was in there. Not sure how I'm going to determine that it is gone.
Well, you can always put a few mouse traps inside. Peanut Butter, with sunflower seeds on the peanut butter, in the trap. Or, you can get serious and put some poison bait inside. Just look for it daily, if you see it eating the bait. You don't want a rotten mouse in the jeep.

I do this a few time a year, because they come into the garage, from the woods, and nest inside the garage. It works.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@psdtime

Sticky pads... secure them to the floor liners with a bit of Velcro.

This way you can get one, remove the sticky trap, cut that portion away and then stick back on the floor liner...
Put some crumbs in the center of the pad and a tad right at the edge of the sticky pad.

You will undoubtedly catch the mouse and or a shoe...

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
@psdtime

Sticky pads... secure them to the floor liners with a bit of Velcro.

This way you can get one, remove the sticky trap, cut that portion away and then stick back on the floor liner...
Put some crumbs in the center of the pad and a tad right at the edge of the sticky pad.

You will undoubtedly catch the mouse and or a shoe...
Good idea. I've never used them.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
@psdtime

This Summer, I found a 4' Black Snake sleeping in the engine compartment of my JL.

Presently, I have fairly heavy gauge plastic netting over top of the air box intake, to prevent Chipmunks from getting into / living in my air box.. I kill them as soon as a new one comes to roost so to speak.

Last Summer, I killed/electrocuted 17 chipmunks that were in the vicinity / passing by my parked JL.

Also, last Summer had a pair of these that fell in love with my JL....
20180521_113337.jpg
wait for those "Chipmunks Life Matter" marching down your driveway and don't expect the governor or Terminix people offering any solutions

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Peanut butter worked great for me but the little pecker was so light on his touch it took 5 times to get him. Also try a little beef jerky, it's harder to pull off and will trip the trap. I used a simple neck breaker style. Good luck!

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I owe the people of Elko, Nevada an apology. Got my new license plates (thanks AAA) and when I went to screw in the back, the largest screws I had in my shop fit somewhat loosely in the holes (1/4"). That bumper plastic is very thin. My plate must have vibrated off as the Lincoln County Sheriff suggested (apology owned to him too). Time for a new bumper! I still blame both of them for the mouse in my glove box!

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Did you catch the motherf*cker?